Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just formated and

This is a discussion on Just formated and within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i was wondering if anyone knows how to run more then one ko at the same time on the same ...
Page: 1

3thos

i was wondering if anyone knows how to run more then one ko at the same time on the same computer like i used to do, i reformated and forgot to burn all the stuff to a disk and i cant find any topics on it anymore and ranking is shut down sooooooooo ... anyone remember how?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

At a guess... log in to KO, set up merchant, then do "switch users" on XP (maybe vista too?) and log in again as a different windows username.

DragonFire

At a guess... log in to KO, set up merchant, then do "switch users" on XP (maybe vista too?) and log in again as a different windows username.[/b]
    Well, you used to be able to edit the exe's and shit..I remember I did it a long time ago..but I always thought you couldn't do it anymore with the hackshield crap

tamachan

At a guess... log in to KO, set up merchant, then do "switch users" on XP (maybe vista too?) and log in again as a different windows username.[/b]
    Dont do this :S it will lag ur computer eventually:S

3thos

no, it is something with the .exe's and cloning all the folders but you need a program to do it with, i thought maybe someone had that program or remembered what it was

I always thought you couldn't do it anymore with the hackshield crap[/b]
    no, you can still do it, i mainly did it because i ran one on window mode for my merchant, one on window mode for my rezzer/potmaker and then i had my main character on full screen.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

I remember reading somewhere that its a ToS violation to run 2 KO clients on one pc at the same time.

3thos

virtual pc.

i am going to go ahead and try this program but i am not sure if it is it or not, for anyone else that wants to know how to run multiple ko windows instead of using many computers, go ahead and download virtual pc, here is the website

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx

i am in school right now so i will try it when i get home, if anyone else knows any other programs let me know because the one i was using wasnt virtual pc but i think it might work the same exact way.

I remember reading somewhere that its a ToS violation to run 2 KO clients on one pc at the same time.[/b]
    no its not.

mammlea2

i would like to know too, need another ko client for malice outside party :P

3thos

i would like to know too, need another ko client for malice outside party :P[/b]
    google virtual pc, try that out, it might work, i am not home yet to do it so if you wait about 10 hours ... lol ill let you know how it works.

Leave a guide on 'how to' if it works

3thos

Leave a guide on 'how to' if it works [/b]
    will do, i wish i could've found the guide on ranking but it just wasn't there anymore

i am praying that it works

You can use virtual pc, But I don't recommend it.

even if you have 2gig of ram.

KO eventually will eat all your ram, your computer wont hold it for long.
    Back in the day in KO and KE, you could use 2 clients thru VPC, cuase it didnt eat that much ram at once, but now.. this game is huge.

Best thing to do is, have 2 computers.

Derden

you can do it with this program http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/ you can make virtual pc for what ever you need i use it quiet alot but not for ko but its worth a try.........

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx
    i am in school right now so i will try it when i get home, if anyone else knows any other programs let me know because the one i was using wasnt virtual pc but i think it might work the same exact way.
    no its not.[/b]

actually you're somewhat right, it's not agaisnt the ToS, if you edit the .exe (like you said in a earlier post), you're doing something against copyright law, that applies in a lot of country, therefore I guess a ToS violation is a lot "better" than what you want to do :huh:

3thos

You can use virtual pc, But I don't recommend it.

even if you have 2gig of ram.

KO eventually will eat all your ram, your computer wont hold it for long.
    Back in the day in KO and KE, you could use 2 clients thru VPC, cuase it didnt eat that much ram at once, but now.. this game is huge.
    Best thing to do is, have 2 computers.[/b]
    well that is what i was mainly thinking the problem is going to be, i have 4gbs of ram though but still, with all these new expansions for this game it just isnt as small as KO or KE was ...

i am going to try it, if it eats up more then 2.75gb's of my ram, im not going to do it.

i have 2 computers, its just annoying to run to the other room

actually you're somewhat right, it's not agaisnt the ToS, if you edit the .exe (like you said in a earlier post), you're doing something against copyright law, that applies in a lot of country, therefore I guess a ToS violation is a lot "better" than what you want to do[/b]

there is no exact way for them to prove that i have violated a copyright law to begin with, but editing a .exe is not violation a copyright law, it is simply cloning it so you can run more then one program, its like having ko installed on your computer 3-4 times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast