Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

just some fast opinions PS3/360

This is a discussion on just some fast opinions PS3/360 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao Some Playstation games have dedicated servers others do not. Which is the same as Xbox from ...
Page: 2

Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    Some Playstation games have dedicated servers others do not. Which is the same as Xbox from what i hear. Lets not just compare power and games though lets compare reliability. Ive had one ps3 since 2006 and it has NEVER failed me.. I wish i could say the same for xbox owners. It seems all xbox360s fail within 2
    years.

look at this link

Xbox-experts.com - Xbox 360 Console Failure Rate Report 2011

Not only do u pay for ur online gaming but u still have to pay to get ur faulty xbox360 fixed.

Another good fact ps3 isnt just a game console its more of a media center. Xbox and ps3 can do alot of the same things like watch netflix and play video games save music n all that but the biggest diffrence is that ps3 plays blueray dvds. A cheap blue ray player runs u like 100 bucks.

Im a ps3 fan not cuz its the "cool" thing to be like the xbox but because the hardware is better quality and has won my trust
    I can honestly tell you now that I'm gonna bet that most of the Xboxs they were using for that test were the older ones that were plagued with problems. Yes, I will admit, earlier Xboxs were terrible but the last "old" Xbox I got was 3 years ago and I've never had a single problem with it. Like I said, I've had 6 old/White Xboxs and 1 brand new black 250gb one. Reason why I have so many is to have one for each TV...lol. And if you ask if I still use em, yes, I still use 3 of em, especially when I have nerd parties at my place ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8y-rEp390]League of Legends house party? - YouTube[/ame])

And I'm pretty sure all games for Xbox have dedicated servers on Xbox Live.
    Every game is played through numerous Xbox Live servers, depending on your region. Microsoft has spent BILLIONS of dollars to produce the Xbox Live servers. How much has PSN put into their servers? If I do remember correctly, PSN got destroyed for an entire month by hackers. When did that ever happen to Xbox Live?

And lol, I always laugh at people who say "Yeah, PS3's hardware is much better!"
    Ummm...do you even realize that no game for the PS3 has ever used all of the PS3's processing power? Show me a game the PS3 has that the Xbox is truly outclassed in every aspect.

Also, BlueRay isn't even that great, you can buy a good BlueRay player nowadays for $99 at Walmart.
    I have a 55" and a 42" flatscreen running on HDMI on my 360, all fairly brand new HDTVs (bought them 4-5 months ago) and I can tell you that the difference between HDMI on Xbox and HDMI with PS3 Blueray is absolutely marginal.
    My parents will also tell you that they'd rather be on the Xbox for ease of use and that movies, whether it be on Netflix on the Xbox or Blueray on the PS3, look exactly the same.

Most games I buy for the PS3, I also have for the 360 and I can honestly tell you they are either exactly the same or marginal differences.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Xbox imo . Gogo

get urself an xbox turk

ignore the rest of the fags in the topic (mainly prod + draven).

Go with whichever controller you like the most. Its all about personal game styles / play.. fuck the graphics / blue ray / newer updates shit, chose what you prefer holding (cock).

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
    I can honestly tell you now that I'm gonna bet that most of the Xboxs they were using for that test were the older ones that were plagued with problems. Yes, I will admit, earlier Xboxs were terrible but the last "old" Xbox I got was 3 years ago and I've never had a single problem with it. Like I said, I've had 6 old/White Xboxs and 1 brand new black 250gb one. Reason why I have so many is to have one for each TV...lol. And if you ask if I still use em, yes, I still use 3 of em, especially when I have nerd parties at my place (League of Legends house party? - YouTube)

And I'm pretty sure all games for Xbox have dedicated servers on Xbox Live.
    Every game is played through numerous Xbox Live servers, depending on your region. Microsoft has spent BILLIONS of dollars to produce the Xbox Live servers. How much has PSN put into their servers? If I do remember correctly, PSN got destroyed for an entire month by hackers. When did that ever happen to Xbox Live?

And lol, I always laugh at people who say "Yeah, PS3's hardware is much better!"
    Ummm...do you even realize that no game for the PS3 has ever used all of the PS3's processing power? Show me a game the PS3 has that the Xbox is truly outclassed in every aspect.

Also, BlueRay isn't even that great, you can buy a good BlueRay player nowadays for $99 at Walmart.
    I have a 55" and a 42" flatscreen running on HDMI on my 360, all fairly brand new HDTVs (bought them 4-5 months ago) and I can tell you that the difference between HDMI on Xbox and HDMI with PS3 Blueray is absolutely marginal.
    My parents will also tell you that they'd rather be on the Xbox for ease of use and that movies, whether it be on Netflix on the Xbox or Blueray on the PS3, look exactly the same.

Most games I buy for the PS3, I also have for the 360 and I can honestly tell you they are either exactly the same or marginal differences.

Sigh better quality doesnt just mean its gonna blow xbox 360 out of the water hardware wise. It means it will actually last longer aka be more durable. Say all you want but its statistically XBOX will fail far more than a ps3. Just cuz u are lucky doesnt mean xbox is better.

2nd xbox doesnt come with blueray CHEAP or NOT ps3 has it xbox doesnt..
    Blue ray aint just for movies its for games as well how many disk did Finalfantasy 13 need? like 3? Lol ps3 only needed 1 point made.

Something u fail to realize is that microsoft doesnt host game on servers because its the "right" thing to do. They host em because the company that made the game paid THEM to host their games on their servers.

Microsoft aint a company that makes sacrifices for their consumers, no they squeeze out every dollar they can.

Thats why they have a cheaply made failure ridden machine that they know will fail and they can squeeze out another 100 bucks to fix.

And yea psn network was down for like a month but sony in response gave free games and free subscription service. Granted the hacking shoulnt have happened in the first place but it did and they somewhat compensated consumers for the outage which if u compare microsoft... Average wait time for an xbox 360 to get fixed is what 1 month? 2 months?

Anyways

Lets summarize the points we have seen in all posts

Which console has better reputation for reliability? Xbox or Ps3?
    PS3 hands down

Which console has better games? Xbox PS3?
    I do not know they both have great games that are exclusive to each console

Which console has more features? Xbox Ps3?
    They both have great features but ps3 has built in blue ray player which saves u 99 bucks like u said above.

Which provides better service? xbox ps3?
    If u wanna pay then xbox if u dnt wanna pay ps3.

You won't use bluray enough for it to be tipping the scales in PS3's favor.

If you would, you would already have a bluray player or a PS3.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post
    You won't use bluray enough for it to be tipping the scales in PS3's favor.

If you would, you would already have a bluray player or a PS3.
    just cuz ur not gonna be going 200 miles per hour everyday doesnt mean u dont want a ferrari.

Its about being there when u need not when u dont

The gordo bought a ps3. Have fun with little big planet or w/e. Well Atleast you can get gran turismo.

wrong section bro

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkMexican View Post
    The gordo bought a ps3. Have fun with little big planet or w/e. Well Atleast you can get gran turismo.
    gran turismo #1

got a nice deal on th ps$3 w/ bops

Did Tabby call me a fag? i mean a guy with the name Tabby...... common..

KOISDRUGS Senior Member PenguOwnz's Avatar

uncharted all the way brow

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    gran turismo #1
    Only thing I regret about selling my ps3. But my boss gives away blue rays every year at our Christmas party. 2 years ago I got a regular blue ray, last year I got a 3D blue ray with pandora,hulu,Netflix,YouTube.> ps3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCastle View Post
    xbox 360 requires a gay online membership ($40 per year) to play online....

thats why i heat xbox 360

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast