Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Did the PVP system in KO happen by accident?

This is a discussion on Did the PVP system in KO happen by accident? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've been playing this game for a LOOOONG time. Long enough that I remember the debate over combo back when ...
Page: 1

OLD1953

I've been playing this game for a LOOOONG time. Long enough that I remember the debate over combo back when someone first figured out they could cancel the animation and use another attack.

So lets think about this for a minute.

In most MMORPG's the mages rule the place. Nobody else has a chance against a high level mage with good items, they'll simply flatten you like a steam roller. A melee type can't even get to them to cancel their attacks.

Combo evens up the playing field tremendously in KO. IMHO, combo gives melees an advantage under lvl 60, and keeps things pretty even above those levels.

But combo was called cheating and hacking when I started playing. This debate over combo went on for MONTHS, and the GM's finally ruled that it was legal, since it didn't affect cool down times but only how fast a rogue or warrior could discharge all skills. Besides, there was no real way to catch anyone using combo.

Combo is a SKILL you have to LEARN, it isn't given to you as a gift by the server gods. This makes for a different level of skills even when characters are otherwise identical. People PRACTICE combo, you must practice to get good at it. (I'm fairly good at it myself.)

I believe combo is what made the PVP system in KO what it is (was? ). And combo was NOT intended by the programmers of the original game, it was an accident.

The best PVP system I've ever played, and it was a complete accident. What a laugh.

many great inventions was caused by accidents.
    America itself got covered by an accident.

Ripper_of_romania

sil4s

I remember the continuous disputes over combo on forums. Of course back then i didn't know how to combo and wasn't exactly sure what it was.
    Indeed KO's comboing and whole PvP is one of the best there is so far. I agree that it's odd that all the best things happen by accident, but that's the way life is. ^_^

5 bucks says this was the first ever combo r1232345242343234313123131331312331313414313131313 13141312413151131315313131434313123113131314131313 131314113131413131

edit:forgot to put the r at the begining
    =)

MalaViDa

yea combo by accident for sure xD

they were so retards to fix it, but it makes pvp funnier

Dr4g0n

I do belive that K2 anounced that combo wasnt bannable and it was part of the game.

little_painter

makes up?

mages in ko is the worst char 11000%, you cant kill bosses all other 3 chars can, in 1vs1 mages are not only underpowered in dmg they also lack what the 3 otehrs have like heal duff minorheal cure and soo on
    plus they have low defence compared too the 3 others also
    dont give mee that crap with ko being even bro thats just a flat out lie

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

makes up?

mages in ko is the worst char 11000%, you cant kill bosses all other 3 chars can, in 1vs1 mages are not only underpowered in dmg they also lack what the 3 otehrs have like heal duff minorheal cure and soo on
    plus they have low defence compared too the 3 others also
    dont give mee that crap with ko being even bro thats just a flat out lie[/b]
    A well equipped level 75 mage can pwn all other classes..

Banned Senior Member

It was a large debate about combo, but Mgame told K2 that even tho it wasn't meant to be part of the game, combo was legal and not bannable

little_painter

ressergd stop lying u dumbshit plz,
    theres a reason all go straight for a mage in cz
    easy np

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

easy np[/b]
    Moral to the story dont play a mage

Oatmeal

easy np[/b]
    The 2 main targets in cz are Bp's and mages. Why? Low defense, a quick kill, easy np. But get in the way of a lvl 75+ bp or 75+ light mage, and your in trouble.

many great inventions was caused by accidents.
    America itself got covered by an accident.[/b]

ROFL, now that's funny!

Anyways, Right click minor made rogue the best class, people got jealous, cause they got raped or didnt know how to use right click minor. And they 'fixed' that.

little_painter

The 2 main targets in cz are Bp's and mages. Why? Low defense, a quick kill, easy np. But get in the way of a lvl 75+ bp or 75+ light mage, and your in trouble.[/b]
    get in the way of any well equiped lvlv 75+ with lr weapon and ull die
    (also seen some using flame weapon who stunns me thou.. ofc was 1 from u_k clan go figure )

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast