Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K2 DCing U.S. players

This is a discussion on K2 DCing U.S. players within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am noticing almost every night I get DC'd between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. PST. I also notice every ...
Page: 1

HotAsIce

I am noticing almost every night I get DC'd between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. PST. I also notice every time I get DC'd, my friends from the U.K. and Australia do not get DC'd, and as soon as I get DC'd, the login servers go down for 10 minutes or so to keep me from logging back in. Do any other players from the U.S. notice this? It's not too bad fo rme as I'm a night owl and I'm usually awake when it happens, but it could prove troublesom when school is back in session, or when I get a job (yuck :P) I might have to write a nice little customer support ticket for all the U.S. players to send in if I see this is happening to more than just me. I know its the U.S. players as well because one time it happened at 11 right after I got into the noobie FT, and all of them in the FT were from the U.S. except like 5 or 6 of them. Everyone got DC'd, and as soon as the log-ins came back up and I was able to get in, i saw all of them pop back up in moradon, and there were a lot of merchants still in moradon when I came back, so I know it didnt' happen to everyone.

Just curious!

k2 hates u

but dunno why they would do that

I believe not only US, Im getting DCed all the time.

deathawaitsyou

i tink there was just a mass dc

HotAsIce

i tink there was just a mass dc[/b]
    Are you from the U.S.? I was talking with 3 people in MSN who did not get DC'd, and they were outside the U.S.

I'm thinking they are taking the servers that host the U.S. IP's down every night to let people in Asia/Europe in.

Phave

goo europe

Are you from the U.S.? I was talking with 3 people in MSN who did not get DC'd, and they were outside the U.S.

I'm thinking they are taking the servers that host the U.S. IP's down every night to let people in Asia/Europe in.[/b]
    i'm from the U.S. i was on G2 when it happened i got kinda close to dc'ing but i ended up having 45 second lag..

HotAsIce

I suppose a lot of the recent dc's could be credited to people absolutely overloading the new server. I wonder hwo many computers went up in smoke the first day that server was released :lol: But I was noticing this before the server was released, and how I got dc'd a couple minutes ago reminded me of it.

Im from australia and i just got dc'd to..i doubt they'd shut down the u.s ip's though...maybe preference to users loggin in from europe / asia? who knows its k2

Australians that play KO dont deserve to be Aussie... =(

anyways ko is random all the time it could just be bad luck

sexa

im also getting lots of dc's, but other ppl that i m talking on vent says server is still up and they are playing. once i get dc'ed i check server status and see login server is down. so i assume when the login server goes down many ppl are getting dc'ed but some of them not. btw im Turkish

Matador

funny thing is Turkey got d/ced 3 times yesterday night around 2:30am - 3:30am never seen turkey get d/ced so much maybe one day they wont come back but i also never usually get d/ced but latley it has been doing it madly to me kinda pissed

Dizzle13

yea k2 sucks everyone dc's alote :\

I'm dced all the time...one or two time/night

I'm from Canada

TaDaaa

I am noticing almost every night I get DC'd between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. PST. I also notice every time I get DC'd, my friends from the U.K. and Australia do not get DC'd, and as soon as I get DC'd, the login servers go down for 10 minutes or so to keep me from logging back in.
    Just curious![/b]

That is the time K2 replaces the vacume tubes on there circa 1955 servers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast