Is K2 making any progress on speed hackers or should they now make it for everyone?

This is a discussion on Is K2 making any progress on speed hackers or should they now make it for everyone? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Speed hacking problem has been so long and no signs of any fix or bans for people who use it. ...
Page: 1

mrmagic2008

Speed hacking problem has been so long and no signs of any fix or bans for people who use it.
    Should speed hacking be made for everyone now to reduce the advantage to the speed hackers? I mean
    if you can't beat them... join them?

Ignore Me Senior Member

Basically they are working on it. And as MGame would be buzy with Korean patch don't give up hope yet.

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...6167&st=40#

So I asked about your idea, and this is basically what it boils down to:

We would have to ask Mgame for this kind of functionality. Since Mgame is currently already working on a fix for speedhacking, asking them to do this would mean either:
    • They stop working on the fix (their way of preventing cheaters) and start working on a way to clock them (a way of banning cheaters)
    • We forego this functionality for now in favor of achieving the long term solution of plowing full steam ahead on the fix
    [/b]

wawh

speedhackers can easily be tracked down by there locations... there would be a massive bans and possibly bans wich are incorrect... for this you need a good CS.. wich k2 doesnt have so this is out of the question

or just coding your client a bit better..
    or xtrap preventing from editting your tbls (but ofcourse xtrap takes like 5 minuts for hackers to bypass)
    get better servers wich can put every tbl on serverside

3 things that k2/xtrap/mgames are to lazy to do or just dont want to invest in it

Banned

how about pay someone 1 gb a day to sit in ronark land and record all the speedhackers and just ban the fuckers
    matter of fact ban all the people on that ip that has accounts in game make the punishment more severe then the crime and people will stop

stefann

pay me 1gb and i will sit all day and record al speed hackers

llol

K2 will never ever ban High lvl paying cheaters, because they will loose money
    and if they BAN someone than you can buy unban for $$$
    just look to other K2 games. all r full of cheaters and you can do nothing about it
    make a video, post screens, do what you want, but they will not ban them anyway
    chance to get banned for cheating is like 1% mabye less

sexy Owa

K2 will never ever ban High lvl paying cheaters, because they will loose money
    and if they BAN someone than you can buy unban for $$$
    just look to other K2 games. all r full of cheaters and you can do nothing about it
    make a video, post screens, do what you want, but they will not ban them anyway
    chance to get banned for cheating is like 1% mabye less[/b]
    they have banned high level cheaters before, even paying ones, but never perminantly. IF enough people go to a GM or to a forum about a BIG cheater be it a paying high level one or just an annoyance, they will make the ban. within a month or two you will see that player again however, more times then not.

they have banned high level cheaters before, even paying ones, but never perminantly. IF enough people go to a GM or to a forum about a BIG cheater be it a paying high level one or just an annoyance, they will make the ban. within a month or two you will see that player again however, more times then not.[/b]

wasnt that kinshi guy from dies permanently banned? O_O and he was paying or something?

how about pay someone 1 gb a day to sit in ronark land and record all the speedhackers and just ban the fuckers
    matter of fact ban all the people on that ip that has accounts in game make the punishment more severe then the crime and people will stop[/b]

I'd do it for free. xD

Canek

This getting out of control, before i only saw speedhackers in ardream, so i havent been in ardream for months now, but now i see rogues whit personal daggers runing 2x faster thant they should be able to. You cant even solo anymore if you not warrior, since you just get gangbanged by cheaters.

Just an example, of the top 10 olympia human np rank, at least 3 were known ardream cheaters, now they moved to cz cheat, legit ppl cant compete whit that.

And ashet, tbl files were moved to server side a while ago, but they moved them back to client side when moradon was released, they have fixed the problem before, i just dont get why they taking so long this time.

they have banned high level cheaters before, even paying ones, but never perminantly. IF enough people go to a GM or to a forum about a BIG cheater be it a paying high level one or just an annoyance, they will make the ban. within a month or two you will see that player again however, more times then not.[/b]
    one of my chars was banned as gold prem and I spent quite a bit on kc etc...banned in jan. 06' and still banned so sorry but you're wrong

KalaBunga Senior Member

king of girakon on hh side aka KOOr was speedhacking yesterday in cz, i dont think k2 will do anything soon is i see lvl 80 warrior speed hacking and even the KING

king of girakon on hh side aka KOOr was speedhacking yesterday in cz, i dont think k2 will do anything soon is i see lvl 80 warrior speed hacking and even the KING[/b]
    Omg i know, freaking ridiculous shit.

nk121

They need to do something about it. Basically everyone uses it in logos. wtf.

gah its getting so out of control for pathos ardream now.... like 35-40% ppl use it now