Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

K2 Networks article

This is a discussion on K2 Networks article within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Organized crime units in Turkey will hack into the online game database to highjack accounts, stealing user names and passwords, ...
Page: 2

tolgahan

Organized crime units in Turkey will hack into the online game database to highjack accounts, stealing user names and passwords, and either attempt to sell the characters and the accessories back to the original owner, or to other players at a discount price.

Organized crime units in Turkey, Russia and the Ukraine will hack into the online game database to highjack accounts, stealing user names and passwords, and either attempt to sell the characters and the accessories back to the original owner, or to other players at a discount price. *
    How many days did ur parents waste to make you ?

Mrjcolley101

"It's all done in less than five milliseconds, so the online gamer can't tell."

The hacking? or the antihacking?

Originally posted by Festo
    director of infrastructure and engineering David S. Lee *

David lee ^_^
    chink :wub:

HiddenRage

lol i know a David Lee :lol: definately not the k2 owner though xD

Zulkir

Originally posted by MeeP
    The 11 year olds who play on the site are very smart, great programmers, and will take down the system if they get angry." *

ROFL LMAO LOL *:lol:
    The 11- to 35-year olds who play on the site are very smart, great programmers, and will take down the system if they get angry
    tolga.. i was going to do same thing and found this..lol

some people needs to go back to primary school and learn reading again..

tolgahan

lol

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

How come no one asked him how K2 could let the PUS store get hacked a few weeks ago?

People were buying unlimited PUS items without using KC.

Why would any company invest in another company that can't protect their #1 source of revenue from hackers?

blaataap

Organized crime units in Turkey will hack into the online game database to highjack accounts, stealing user names and passwords, and either attempt to sell the characters and the accessories back to the original owner, or to other players at a discount price.

lmfao
    Lol Organized crime watch your lollypops guys they gone steal it
    poor countrys

morax

David S Lee,

I never knew his name was David

He is quite a clever guy though. His first language probably isnt English so cut him some crap on the grammer. As far as my msn conversations with this guy go, hes quite diligent and works far too hard on making sure the servers are playable. Its nice to know someone at K2 cares.

TeaBagging

Originally posted by morax
    David S Lee,

I never knew his name was David *

He is quite a clever guy though. His first language probably isnt English so cut him some crap on the grammer. As far as my msn conversations with this guy go, hes quite diligent and works far too hard on making sure the servers are playable. Its nice to know someone at K2 cares.
    +1

RunLikeYouStoleIt

Originally posted by The_Real_PlodeZ
    How come no one asked him how K2 could let the PUS store get hacked a few weeks ago?

People were buying unlimited PUS items without using KC.

Why would any company invest in another company that can't protect their #1 source of revenue from hackers?
    shhh it only effected Edana... zz i knew someone would say something h43r:

Road

That was an interesting read. I think I shall spread the word. Thanks everyone!

woot

let to tell me as the things work,

K2 Network doesn't pay their employees well, and it intends short time to have economy buying an equipment that has the purpose of bringing larger safety of information, it happens that this safety is not so effective since this equipment doesn't filter code, this that should be done by an analyst of security work together with qualified programmers well payed.
    K2 Network has a marketing team that needs to find a solution for safety's chaotic situation that the company is suffer then send a pré-release for some organ of the press or paid for some journalist to publish this new, with objetive to attract the attention of some company of safety that renders a cheap and effective solution.
    However an extremely important point that we see oh, it is that the Marketing worries in solving a situation that probably this bringing losses for company, but they don't worry about the players, they know that they are the main ones responsible for the information stored there, they know that the players take 2 years or more to leave a state of construction of high level in their characters and when a breach of security happens any support is given to the player, the custumer support is simply ineffective, it is just a decoration since it is scarce the amount of people working to assist the players.
    Another important point is that the press has more privilege than the players in having announce of the game.
    Money first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12