Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

K2 Servers Hacked!

This is a discussion on K2 Servers Hacked! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-Zparda k2 will get k2'd? Tell ur Microsoft Friend if his Company can buy KO ...
Page: 4

priestish

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Zparda
    k2 will get k2'd?

Tell ur Microsoft Friend if his Company can buy KO from k2 PLSPLSPLSPLSPLS!!!!!

We spend so much money we will like have a good company behind the support >.<
    I'm not entirely sure having Microsoft hosting KO would be any better then K2 doing it....[/b]
    I am pretty sure XboX was hacked, but atleast it was not duped.

It was hacked, i hacked mine

stevouk

lets look at this from the hackers point of view. if you could hack the server you would t go round hacking peoples accounts and deleting shit and changing passwords you would make your own items and own characters and shit unless you wanted to fuck people over but then would they just totally fuck the servers up and corrupt files instead of deleting peoples items?

and i have fuck all to worry about, i have nothing to loose

Malavon

Originally posted by LoveToHate
    Fukara wasnt u the guy swearing some turk and his god and bla bla for being turk? But yet you WRITE LIKE A TURK! So i dont get it. Are you turk? How can a turk tell another one "fuck you turk" O.o

his a turk hehe.

sophiem

Originally posted by stevouk
    lets look at this from the hackers point of view. if you could hack the server you would t go round hacking peoples accounts and deleting shit and changing passwords you would make your own items and own characters and shit unless you wanted to fuck people over but then would they just totally fuck the servers up and corrupt files instead of deleting peoples items?

and i have fuck all to worry about, i have nothing to loose
    u lvl 50 u have smth to lose -_- ?

Fukara

Originally posted by LoveToHate
    Fukara wasnt u the guy swearing some turk and his god and bla bla for being turk? But yet you WRITE LIKE A TURK! So i dont get it. Are you turk? How can a turk tell another one "fuck you turk" O.o
    what is ur problem ???

PopTart

Originally posted by Makros+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Makros)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-PopTart
    lol ur so melodramatic...K2 servers Hacked!
    its not news... the db was hacked along time ago and accounts were hacked since then dawn of ko... what's the big fucking deal?
    if some 1 has access to the db changing ur pass wont help...
    jeez guy i just warned ya what u do is ur business, but leave this nonsense... servers were hacked twice in the last 2 days... if u dont care or u r too noob to loose something useful it ur thing but leave such a comment... i am in contact with some people that know more about KO and KO´s background than u... not changing the PW could help if they just used a saved list of accounts and not an updating one... same goes for not logging into the game, hackers are spying who is it worth to hack and who isnt, they dont want to look into 1million accounts...[/b]

if the hackers have access to the servers do u think changing ur password will help u?
    i care about wether or not i get hacked but i trust K2 to try thier best to keep the security on thier servers.
    and i know alot about ko and what's happening in ko's background u dont know me hence u cant know or not know my degree of knowledge in K2's business...
    and if a hacker wants ur account and has the skills for it.. changing ur password will sure aint gonna stop him.

Well I went to change password...all info seemed accurate. I mean pw, e-maill..address etc....exept wtf secret question doesn't match....

Did they block that option or what? Or is my secret question now being changed by someone and how? Uhm via database that is possible I think, but why? :blink:

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by wagyar
    Well I went to change password...all info seemed accurate. I mean pw, e-maill..address etc....exept wtf secret question doesn't match....

Did they block that option or what? Or is my secret question now being changed by someone and how? Uhm via database that is possible I think, but why? *:blink:
    same for me...i changed the password through forgotten password and secret password worked

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-wagyar

Did they block that option or what? Or is my secret question now being changed by someone and how? Uhm via database that is possible I think, but why? *:blink:
    same for me...i changed the password through forgotten password and secret password worked[/b]
    It works trough that still?

TunaFishyMe

yea...dont log in...nbefore you log in theres a forgotten password button. Click on it, it will ask you for old password and e-mail
    then secret message
    then change password

for some reason secret answer doesnt work through KOL

Makros

Originally posted by PopTart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PopTart)</div>
    Originally posted by Makros@
    <!--QuoteBegin-PopTart

lol ur so melodramatic...K2 servers Hacked!
    its not news... the db was hacked along time ago and accounts were hacked since then dawn of ko... what's the big fucking deal?
    if some 1 has access to the db changing ur pass wont help...

jeez guy i just warned ya what u do is ur business, but leave this nonsense... servers were hacked twice in the last 2 days... if u dont care or u r too noob to loose something useful it ur thing but leave such a comment... i am in contact with some people that know more about KO and KO´s background than u... not changing the PW could help if they just used a saved list of accounts and not an updating one... same goes for not logging into the game, hackers are spying who is it worth to hack and who isnt, they dont want to look into 1million accounts...

if the hackers have access to the servers do u think changing ur password will help u?
    i care about wether or not i get hacked but i trust K2 to try thier best to keep the security on thier servers.
    and i know alot about ko and what's happening in ko's background u dont know me hence u cant know or not know my degree of knowledge in K2's business...
    and if a hacker wants ur account and has the skills for it.. changing ur password will sure aint gonna stop him.[/b]
    if they are directly are interested in my account i cant do shit, but they arent i got no uber gear or something...
    But u dont get the point, hackers arent in the DB for all the time, or do u think they are logged into K2 DB for years? they just got a list of accounts and stuff, thats not updating at all. So if u change password in their list its still the old one and they need access to the servers once again. And if u trust in K2 so much they would have blocked this second attempt to hack the DB. Got it now? Changing the PW wasnt that useless at all then... If hackers are able to hack the DB once again, yes then I agree, resetting PW wouldn´t do any difference... I dont think a Tech-Gm is telling me shit...

To that guy that asked about just putting whatever they like on their accounts: I think its a bit more difficult, u need item-id´s and stuff to create those put them to the right slot in the inventory and stuff, what means they have to stay longer in the DB (means more danger to get caught), and it means lot of knowledge of the database and codes of ko is necessary, login into other accounts and transfering items is a bit easier I would say...

PopTart

K2 will block the way the hackers went in this time but, no system is un hackable
    meaning there r enough skilled hackers that want items and cash in this game to hack it again... now if ull spend ur whole life changing passwords and worrying about if ull get hacked or not playing KO wouldnt be much fun now would it?
    its not like K2 are doing nothing... things are in motion and once an alert like this goes in they have people that r working on fixing and portifing the servers...

The_Good_Doctor__

Originally posted by Road+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Road)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-The_Good_Doctor__
    Every other person on this forum "knows someone", hell, even this game.

Because, you know, company executives and shit just have to have a bunch of 10-15 year olds on their MSN's that cannot use capitalization or punctuation. *
    Yeah, that's how the people in charge of things roll.
    Kinda like priests, but over the internet.
    What is this supposed to mean? Are you TRYING to adress that they hire teenages or talk to teenagers? Or do you even know yourself. Please try and add usefull things to the agrument. >_>[/b]

I was using irony and sarcasm. I'm saying that most company executives and people "in the know" are not going to be wasting their time talking on MSN. And If that still isn't understandable, if everyone "has a friend" that know's all these things, a majority of them are lying, or gullible and believe everything they hear, dutifully passing it on like the children that they are.

IE. i was on my MSN with bill gates the other day and he said I like little boys and I was like omg, and took him off of my list and then figured i should post on the forum to warn people that hes a petterass lolz

Think about it, people make shit up. How many things were manner points supposed to be count towards? Beter XP, more drops, better anvil success? come on people, get real and think about some of the things you ignorantly relay from one person to the next.

Makros

Originally posted by PopTart
    K2 will block the way the hackers went in this time but, no system is un hackable
    meaning there r enough skilled hackers that want items and cash in this game to hack it again... now if ull spend ur whole life changing passwords and worrying about if ull get hacked or not playing KO wouldnt be much fun now would it?
    its not like K2 are doing nothing... things are in motion and once an alert like this goes in they have people that r working on fixing and portifing the servers...
    True but, i just warned to be carefull and this is usefull for some hours, sure K2 is working on it but once hacked into the DB the hackers already have what they wanted. There was nothing melodramaric or something in it...

To quote myself:
    [
    K2 Servers Hacked!
    Just wanted to mention KO servers are hacked, a friend (working for microsoft) is talking to a tech-gm and some admins about it... thats all I know atm...

Got another 2 confirmations in MSN, dont log in the next hours there will be an update in some hours (someone told me in like 1-3)...
    ]

Now tell me where is the melodramatic i just said be carefull for the next 3 hours, tell me whats wrong with it, and have another look how many people actually got hacked...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234