Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

k2 stole my money

This is a discussion on k2 stole my money within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well last march i put made credit card for the internet i did 1 time permium and k2 keep took ...
Page: 1

well last march i put made credit card for the internet i did 1 time permium and k2 keep took my money for another 2 month.
    signed in march-april, k2 took 70$ between april-june.
    now i found this just now because i wanted to get wow. but no money
    what can i do how can i get this money back?

u probably had renew premium option on. I doubt u can get cash back

You most likely had the "recur billing" option checked, meaning that it'll auto-renew your premium whenever it runs out. Your best bet is phoning your credit company and explaning or lie about the case....

good luck!

You most likely had the "recur billing" option checked, meaning that it'll auto-renew your premium whenever it runs out. Your best bet is phoning your credit company and explaning or lie about the case....

good luck![/b]
    hmm whats the phone number?

hmm whats the phone number?[/b]
    uhh... phone YOUR credit card company.. not phone k2, cuz k2 wont give a shits about what happens to your character.

im not sure what ur credit card company's phone # would be, but try looking at the monthly statement u recieve.

i always had feeling this recur billing is illegal. Any 1 who knows this kind of law can say something?

uhh... phone YOUR credit card company.. not phone k2, cuz k2 wont give a shits about what happens to your character.

im not sure what ur credit card company's phone # would be, but try looking at the monthly statement u recieve.[/b]
    oh well, i will give it a try.
    on both sides i think -_-

Zaczaco1

i always had feeling this recur billing is illegal. Any 1 who knows this kind of law can say something?[/b]
    lol its perfectly legal. u have the option to turn it off.

if u have no law knowledge dont jump out about this. Even if its legal, then automaticlally marking it is not right

lol its perfectly legal. u have the option to turn it off.[/b]
    the truth i have never seen that option.
    and the truth if k2 wanted it right without tricks they could start the option from off to on

Hey cutie Senior Member

Its your fault because when you payfor premium, it is with the intention of continually playing the game, the reucrruing bulling is there only to make lief easier for gamers.
    There were notices and shit as well, its just your fault if u were ignorant to it

Cleatus

The Law -

It's not necessarily a conventionally accepted ethical practice- HOWEVER in the United States capitalism generally falls under the more commonly explained statement "Buyer beware". You have the opportunity to investigate and review everything prior to committing to purchase. This game is hosted and sold in the US. This makes it a US company and as such governed by US law. The BEST you could do is hope for sympathy from unregulated and unbiased resources (ie, the Better Business Bureau). I can tell you as an American Consumer who has been screwed and learned this is a part of life, it's a waste of time and you will get no sympathy. Furthermore, taking the recommendation provided above to "lie" to your CC company and charge back the purchase is fraudulent and 100% illegal. You (potentially) will become a "criminal" in the US subsequently getting you into much more trouble than you need. I don't believe 70 dollars would be considered an extraditable offense, but your cc company may have some ramifications as they want reciprocal business in the states. Ultimately, you're going to pay for it.

The best case scenario; you have learned a valuable lesson about conducting business - read all the information before committing to the purchase - ESPECIALLY the fine print. I highly recommend reading the Agreement for a more comprehensive understanding of how the system works. Also, you should realize from the language, this has been written by an attorney and not some secretary. Unless you're a bajillionaire who can play the "Who can bankroll a lawsuit longer" and sue for the pure entertainment of it - you will lose this fight.

In any event this type of practice, long ago considered poor form is relatively common today in this country and therefore perfectly legal.

Summarily sir, you've been K2'd.

As a post-script, if my assumption is correct and you are in fact NOT American and your native tongue is not English, you do have slightly greater than a snowballs chance. Americans are ridiculous about common sense. Simply contact a lawyer and explain the website is not offered in your native language therefor not allowing you a complete opportunity to fully understand the terms of the Agreement. As a result you have suffered extreme duress from this revolting practice which does not occur in your country. (be able to prove that is true) You would like to sue the retailer for 100% of the purchase price and damages. If you have the capital (I would guess in the neighborhood of $100k-200k USD) you could set precedent in the supreme courts. Chances are you might find a lawyer hungry enough to "see what happens". It's marginal and you will likely settle out of court for the $70usd and 1/2 of total combined damages, maybe they'll throw in 5 grand to shut you up (yours + k2's, essentially you both cover your own costs, cause they'll counter sue for wrongful prosecution, maybe some manner of breach of agreement because your attorney will have you charge back your payments and force the issue with your bank) It's remotely possible, but frankly you would be better to let it go and be more careful from this point forward.

It's like the baby who touches the hot stove, it only takes 1 time to learn.. "Shit, that hurt. I'll never do THAT again"

Hope this helps answer your question

~Cleatus

EDIT: If you ARE American, you're without hope of resolution. Lesson learned, move on. (The thought here would be you're a minor and therefore could not enter into agreement, but if you have a CC you are over 18 and could enter into contract. If you used your parents CC they should not allow you to use their CC unless they understand what they are buying.) Anyway you look at it.. sorry charlie.

Magenta

In my country it's illegal, but IDK anything about US laws. But the best think how to protect ur many is card when u have allow every internet payment. Cuz u give them information, and if they want, they can get from ur card how many they want...

In my country it's illegal, but IDK anything about US laws. But the best think how to protect ur many is card when u have allow every internet payment. Cuz u give them information, and if they want, they can get from ur card how many they want...[/b]
    thats why i am glad i have put only 120$ on that card. its card that need to be installed. made it for online games but k2 arghhh
    k2 is free to play but when your not playing its not that free -_- +they have muted me in march from support when i have asked them to get money back from the first payment because all the issues with cranc east and west. so i sent them mails so they knew i have no interest keep playing.

The Law -

It's not necessarily a conventionally accepted ethical practice- HOWEVER in the United States capitalism generally falls under the more commonly explained statement "Buyer beware". You have the opportunity to investigate and review everything prior to committing to purchase. This game is hosted and sold in the US. This makes it a US company and as such governed by US law. The BEST you could do is hope for sympathy from unregulated and unbiased resources (ie, the Better Business Bureau). I can tell you as an American Consumer who has been screwed and learned this is a part of life, it's a waste of time and you will get no sympathy. Furthermore, taking the recommendation provided above to "lie" to your CC company and charge back the purchase is fraudulent and 100% illegal. You (potentially) will become a "criminal" in the US subsequently getting you into much more trouble than you need. I don't believe 70 dollars would be considered an extraditable offense, but your cc company may have some ramifications as they want reciprocal business in the states. Ultimately, you're going to pay for it.

The best case scenario; you have learned a valuable lesson about conducting business - read all the information before committing to the purchase - ESPECIALLY the fine print. I highly recommend reading the Agreement for a more comprehensive understanding of how the system works. Also, you should realize from the language, this has been written by an attorney and not some secretary. Unless you're a bajillionaire who can play the "Who can bankroll a lawsuit longer" and sue for the pure entertainment of it - you will lose this fight.

In any event this type of practice, long ago considered poor form is relatively common today in this country and therefore perfectly legal.

Summarily sir, you've been K2'd.

As a post-script, if my assumption is correct and you are in fact NOT American and your native tongue is not English, you do have slightly greater than a snowballs chance. Americans are ridiculous about common sense. Simply contact a lawyer and explain the website is not offered in your native language therefor not allowing you a complete opportunity to fully understand the terms of the Agreement. As a result you have suffered extreme duress from this revolting practice which does not occur in your country. (be able to prove that is true) You would like to sue the retailer for 100% of the purchase price and damages. If you have the capital (I would guess in the neighborhood of $100k-200k USD) you could set precedent in the supreme courts. Chances are you might find a lawyer hungry enough to "see what happens". It's marginal and you will likely settle out of court for the $70usd and 1/2 of total combined damages, maybe they'll throw in 5 grand to shut you up (yours + k2's, essentially you both cover your own costs, cause they'll counter sue for wrongful prosecution, maybe some manner of breach of agreement because your attorney will have you charge back your payments and force the issue with your bank) It's remotely possible, but frankly you would be better to let it go and be more careful from this point forward.

It's like the baby who touches the hot stove, it only takes 1 time to learn.. "Shit, that hurt. I'll never do THAT again"

Hope this helps answer your question

~Cleatus

EDIT: If you ARE American, you're without hope of resolution. Lesson learned, move on. (The thought here would be you're a minor and therefore could not enter into agreement, but if you have a CC you are over 18 and could enter into contract. If you used your parents CC they should not allow you to use their CC unless they understand what they are buying.) Anyway you look at it.. sorry charlie.[/b]

after u read all this want to be lawyers bullshit it comes down to this... if u dont care about the account u purchased premium to call your credit card company and tell them the charges were not made by you or u did not authorize the charges u will probably be credited unless your credit card company has a policy about how long u have to dispute charges... i believe u have a prepaid charge card so u dont get a statement every months so u didnt see these charges if thats the case just explain to your company u didnt authorize the charges and want the money back... keep in mind k2 will ban your account immediatley after the reversal of payment. so if u dont give a shit about this account or if it is holding important items to u move them to a brand new lvl 1 account and charge back to k2 and have fun in wow. gl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast