Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

k2 vs blizzard

This is a discussion on k2 vs blizzard within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've only once had an issue with K2's customer service over anything financial (an autoloot voucher which got deleted in ...
Page: 5

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

I've only once had an issue with K2's customer service over anything financial (an autoloot voucher which got deleted in a bug way before it's expiry time - I did eventually get a KC refund, but it took like 2 weeks). They're not bad on tickets to do with payments and PUS items.

The standard of their CS on things like bug reports, cheat reports, in-game help, is abysmal though. The biggest problem is that their CS staff are mostly sat in an office in India and have probably never even launched the game. If they had in-house support staff it'd probably be better. Which is why the few talkative members of staff we know about (Linus, CaliMaestro, Peregrine) tend to be able to get more done.

But K2 are a small company, where their margins matter - they know they don't have a new and amazing product, so they have to keep investment at a minimum, as they're not likely to get a huge influx of new players any time soon. The problem is, they've kept the investment too low for the last few years. If they'd spent a bit more in the earlier days and kept the game more bug free, then they'd be in a better situation now, but that's history. Is you plan to start an online game, you can use this as a case study in how to make the best of a bad situation.

Banned

Then you have sucky ppl playing the other classes :>...[/b]

tell me what battlegroup this is going on in...or if its just a private server.

PvP at WoW its much more thinking than KO, there you require real timing and a lot more knowledge of the other classes, and this is 100%, you require more skill to be really good at wow pvp than in ko.

The thing is that KO's PvP seems better, because it has something that attracts masses, ITS SIMPLE. The interface, selecting chars & npcs, few skills, 75% poting based PvP, etc. The only thing that stands out its the combo, but thats it, and it doesnt requires too much nowadays, i mean who doenst know how to combo ?

But besides this, what else is so addicting about this game. I mean tbh, why does so much ppl plays this games that has old graphics, the worst CS ever, so much cheaters, GB selling CO's, scammers, etc ?

D R A M A & P R O F I T

Thats what makes the majority keep playing, loads of ppl plays it cuz its a game that when u leave you can actually have some kind of a profit out of it. And the drama its what it makes KO feel so real.

WoW is overall a better game than KO, and actually the PvP system its more likely in ko cuz you get some kind of a reward, you can get an item if u find a boss, wich makes PvP more interesting, in wow pvp you get items for it too but its slowly rewarded as you have to sum up honor, and ppl likes more to "get lucky" with a boss and get rich fast than working thru all that time to get the items.

ardaxd

blizard z+r = ko pwned

What do we pvp for? national points? that do nothin but bring rank to our clan >.<. oh look..a nice long cape and u got a short one >.< look a little letter S next to my name . amazing.

NP is what makes this game good? cuz im sure the exp+mobs dont :P

PainInDaAss

blizard z+r = ko pwned[/b]
    Z+r+w+r combo KO fucked by Blizzard+Mythic+any other company

Ancient noob Senior Member

so far, the best customer service in a game i&#39;ve ever encountered is in Anarchy Online. if you got a problem, you submit a support notice, and then a GM will teleport to anywhere you are in the game within a few minutes and solve your problem(s). no matter what your problem, they solve it. only reason i&#39;m not playing Anarchy Online is i&#39;m still hooked on KO&#39;s pvp and i wanna find out if i can ever pk with an INT priest wearing +10 shell and a +10 leonar.
    What do we pvp for? national points? that do nothin but bring rank to our clan >.<. oh look..a nice long cape and u got a short one >.< look a little letter S next to my name . amazing.[/b]
    thanks for this post. i seriously lold on this one. :lol:

I gotta ask why blizzard dont just host KO AQ . It would be so good

I gotta ask why blizzard dont just host KO AQ . It would be so good[/b]
    lol to good >.<

D4rkBP

I just added a credit card subscription and this is what it said after it went through...

PLEASE NOTE: Unless specifically canceled, all subscriptions automatically renew at the beginning of the next billing cycle. However, subscriptions can be cancelled at any time before the new billing cycle begins.

Subscription refunds are not available under any circumstances for billing cycles that have already begun. For this reason, if you need to modify or cancel your subscription, we strongly recommend you do so several days before the renewal date. If you have questions or concerns, or would like to confirm your subscription settings, please contact our Billing and Account Services Team.

TwistTheKnife

alot friends of me here in germany playing WOW too and they are verry happy with the service

- Active GM
    - Helpful customer support
    - call with phone are available
    - problems fixed very fast (bugs, cheaters, account hack)

I think this is a really important point for a market strategy
    to keep the players and get more players
    and the customers tell friends that the game is really fine with a nice service

K2 Network:

- GMs never Online
    - worst customer service
    - call with phone are impossible
    - problems fixed very late maybe never
    - corrupt GM&#39;s, alot cheaters, alot bug and more...

Alot people left game or strike with non-premium clubs
    everybody hate K2 and just playing cuz of the nice pvp system
    The only reason because many ppl playing are pvp system
    in KO is the pvp system much better as WOW

but when u look how many people playing WOW and how many KO

over 5 million players vs 50.000 players

A game is popular when all around went fine

K2 making alot mistakes[/b]
    With more than 11.5 million monthly subscribers,[7] World of Warcraft is currently the world&#39;s largest MMORPG in those terms,[6][8][9] and holds the Guinness World Record for the most popular MMORPG.[10] In April 2008, World of Warcraft was estimated to hold 62%[11] of the massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) market.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft

ArminVanBuuren

Another thing I love is you can submit a ticket to a GM in game and you gete a countdown timer of how long you have to wait. Normally after 10 mins a GM is there to talk to you 1 to 1 about the issue. When you want a K2 GM it&#39;s like waiting for a terrorist attack , you know it&#39;s going to happen , but when??[/b]
    hahaha still missing those jokes felix xP how&#39;s everything going around?

K2&#39;s CS cannot be even compared to that one of Blizzard, it is like comparing a Daewoo Tico against a Lamborghini Reventon. They won&#39;t even care most of the time cause they have to deal with game issues, and by the time they fix it, the number of complaints might be so huge they can barely check some of them. Their solution? they don&#39;t even try anymore as long as they keep receiving money from players. They have already started to work as a private server. Since player&#39;s money becomes a kind of "donation" to try to improve servers, they take all the time of this world to do so xP

Well, gotta go, was funny to see how things haven&#39;t changed at all by in here (well, except players xD ) cya guys h34r:

Your friendly neighbor:
    ArminVanBuuren xD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345