Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

KE > ROFD?

This is a discussion on KE > ROFD? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What I liked about old KO is that piana and breth were absoultely full because they have fit to the ...
Page: 4

Banned Senior Member

What I liked about old KO is that piana and breth were absoultely full because they have fit to the size of the community and now you can walk in emc or luferson and u aint gonna see a person for 1-2 hours
    P.S : new moradon is gonna kill emc luff even more

Trii

KO>KE+ROFD+whatever is next and so on and so forth

nothing will ever beat the KO that was in the beginning, best game ever, too bad it was ruined

razzy

KO>>>>KE>ROFD

This is because, getting 70 was a great accomplishment, now 70 is like meh. No matter what way you look at it, exping to 70 with no quest is ALOT better then exping to 80 with quests.

With new expantions came new headaches. Such as being able to have +1,+2,+3(etc) uniques, +9/10 armors, which just made it unfair for most of the people who cannot achieve such items. Lets face it, having a IN +2 is 99.9% positive its been duped or obtained some other illegal way. Just a stupid move if you ask me, being able to make high class uniques like that.

BUT, in general i miss the atmosphere and the people of KO over now. Example, everyone was new at the game, and majority of the people would give each other a hand. Now, "hey im lvl 61, can u help me kill dooom soldiers?" the answer you will most likely get is "A.q" or some other derogitory comment, nuff said. The over all feel was better. Beating someone relied more on skill over anything else. now its LVLs+ITEMS >>>>>>> skill. example, u cud put F9 with a raptor 7 and +7 shell, and decent uniques against a lvl 80 warrior with baba'd out uniques, weps and armor, chances are F9 wont win, even if he can combo, and the lvl 80 cant. Therefor the game has just basically become unbalanced for the most part.

Nostalgia kicks in: I remmember in KO a few weeks after i had started playing, me and my friend were exping and a turk must have started speaking turkish in PM's to me asking for a party(ofcourse we had no clue what the hell he was asking for), lol my answer to him was "sorry je ne pas Francais"(for those of you who know a little bit of french. LOL those were the days.

frozen_sorc

i saw now so many posts about ko>all, but tbh who would still play if k2 didnt implented ke and rofd?
    now imagine every1 would be lvl 70 (on old servers) and have the best +0 uniques, would it be fun?
    the cool part on ke and rofd is that u could always improve ur lvl or ur skills, there was always sth new and something u could work for to get stronger, like lvl 80 or some nice items

and some1 said that is now impossble to kils some1 in cz nowadays with lvl 60-70, i have to agree, BUT they also implented new quests and new mobs, where u can reach lvl 70 fast and on lvl 70-72 u can still own cz in an organized and skilled party, so i dont really see why every1 hates the new patches that much

KO>KE>ROFD.
    ROFD is the worst thing ever happend to KO, massive dupes (fragments, letters), quest bug, exp bug, valk armor (which allow's not to see Talias or w/e noobs using to win, hiding +9 amors).
    i bet new moradon patch will be even worst.

Terrorblade

KO>KE>ROFD.
    ROFD is the worst thing ever happend to KO, massive dupes (fragments, letters), quest bug, exp bug, valk armor (which allow's not to see Talias or w/e noobs using to win, hiding +9 amors).
    i bet new moradon patch will be even worst.[/b]
    +1

ong

yea valks r gay well the look of them at least
    cant tell human from orc sometimes the sins and mini's at least

anyways
    life>games

KE has good points
    ROFD has better

I like ardream and new eslant (+ bifrost)
    I liked xp of KE tho.

However, what's really killing the servers is all the new servers dragging players out.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Everyone always loves the old times. Just like people now may say KE > ROFD, most also say KO> KE. And is likely for people to say ROFD > new expansion. Cuz they miss the times of server starting and making friends, owning with your clan, etc. But overall, with each expansion game gets more complete and advanced, is improving itself. Oriented towards making money obviously... but improving.

Banned

Challange wise in pk honestly in my opinion... rofd holds much more of a challange

examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODHMFqyONBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5snqntwCjM...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0r5Xy5OfY

every 1-5 hits equaled a kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcR4EePO_88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66QI0ZNCJKo

just seems less noobs to kill in rofd bcuz items are a bit more equal and no more lvl -59s to pick on

p.s. i just took random movies from youtube

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

hm... maybe cause ur playing on a non crowded server , ares cz is always full of strong ppl , and whats wrong with wearing warrior shell and raptor? u can still wear them lol....

for me ROFD > KE[/b]
    u werent around during KE time to pk much so... u arent exactly an authority on this subject... for me RoFD kinda fucked up PvP... the new CZ is haphazardly set up for pk once u get past lvl 70... in a new server it doesnt really make a difference but once they start getting to higher lvls it falls into the rut the other servers are in

also the balance that was in old KO and KE were messed with with the new skills and items

Another problem is how linear CZ pk has become... going back and forth between the bases and the bowl... in old KO and KE u didnt have this problem since there were so many good exp spots

Banned

yea rofd is more of a challange but...........

no where NEAR as fun and i guess thats what were all looking for...

Havoc2

i miss old Ko goblins, could xp as a mage from 60 to 65 just partying chickens all day w/ a provoker, talk about some good $ and good xp back in the days

and luering mobs ACTUALLY worked. now they stop following you 10 steps out of the spawn

and yes the cz was set up much better in ko when you HAD to fight humans / orcs to get into the bowl. bowl then was a prize that wasnt taken forgranted. now its run along the edge and you have 3 different entrances into bowl on each side (counting the side of the cliff run up) its no challenge, once a noob rouge get sin he just stealths until someone with lupines finds him its so much less skill co ordinated, and the hp and ac and ap on the people in rofd, talk about ridiculous 6k for scrolled warriors 4.5k for mages 5k for rouges. 7k for priests... 2500 AP on warriors... it doesnt match out its just ALOT more skills to kill someone

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

yea rofd is more of a challange but...........
    no where NEAR as fun and i guess thats what were all looking for...[/b]
    only reason RoFD is more of a challenge is because all the turks have +3s rofl... so they actually have a chance against you... but still their pretty easy to kill

Speed

u werent around during KE time to pk much so... u arent exactly an authority on this subject... for me RoFD kinda fucked up PvP... the new CZ is haphazardly set up for pk once u get past lvl 70... in a new server it doesnt really make a difference but once they start getting to higher lvls it falls into the rut the other servers are in

also the balance that was in old KO and KE were messed with with the new skills and items

Another problem is how linear CZ pk has become... going back and forth between the bases and the bowl... in old KO and KE u didnt have this problem since there were so many good exp spots[/b]
    and how exatly do you know i wasnt around to pk in ke? ive been playing since sep-oct 04 lol... dont talk if you dont know ... KE was like a semi-ROFD , by far the worst expansion... everyone says old KO cause everyone loved to be a noob and liked the experience of a new game ... wich is gone by now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast