Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Shako
  • 2 Post By gyorokpeter
  • 2 Post By CooLTanG84

Is KingOfKnight dead?

This is a discussion on Is KingOfKnight dead? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; It seems to be broken for quite a while now. Is there an alternate option?...
Page: 1

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Default Is KingOfKnight dead?

It seems to be broken for quite a while now. Is there an alternate option?

KO Bugda is a work in progress that hopefully one day will get to its level.

I heard there are Turkish alternatives but I'm not sure what they are.

Yeah they shit their pants after gamersfirst went after them probably... and this was before they went apeshit with all +9/+10 chaos wirinom etc.

I wonder how much they got payed for keep their mouths shut and give up the site

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Regular Member

What's that a private server?
    razor and Ching like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shako View Post
    what's that a private server?
    hahahahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Yloz View Post
    Yeah they shit their pants after gamersfirst went after them probably... and this was before they went apeshit with all +9/+10 chaos wirinom etc.

I wonder how much they got payed for keep their mouths shut and give up the site
    I don't think they got paid. More like they avoided charges

Banned Senior Member

Charges? What laws did they break exactly? They were simply a resource for KO lol.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy123 View Post
    Charges? What laws did they break exactly? They were simply a resource for KO lol.
    I barely remember but I think, based on what Yloz said, that since they easily exposed the sheer amount of players that had +10s, k2 / g1 might have gone after them? Doesn't sound too unlikely.

Only way to really confirm what happened is if magicality, gyorokpeter or cooltang show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy123 View Post
    I don't know what they did to find out player's information, but I recall them mentioning that the way they "scanned" the users items was stopped by K2 and they had to stop showing people's items. I assume that could be a reason why they could get sued somehow? But I think the reason the website stopped getting updates was simply the owners stopped caring about the game.

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

I think the site is still "up" in some way but it has problems connecting to the MySQL database. I think it always returns the same "database overloaded" message regardless of what the actual error is. But the static pages do come up e.g. King of Knight - Potions
    Unfortunately I can't do anything about it now because I don't remember either the SSH login to the site or the contact details of the owners. (I used to talk to them on MSN Messenger... anyone remember what that is?) I was not involved with the ownership/hosting affairs of the site, I only contributed some code.

Also I don't remember anyone getting sued, I simply gave up on it because of how mismanaged KO was at the time - KoK was literally doing the work for the GMs by highlighting cheaters, but K2 instead targetted the info gathering rather than fix the real bugs and ban the cheaters. They added some restrictions that made scanning impossible, and although it was still possible to gather info from players that can be seen around a character, they then banned the scanning accounts too. Those accounts were not used for anything but scanning so I took that to mean they didn't like any scanning. I already wasn't playing the game at that point and then I just learned about another MMORPG (ironically that already shut down) so I went there and fully left KO behind.
    razor and blazien like this.

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I am CooLTanG, one of other developers of KingofKnight. I lost contact with all everyone too, nice to see peter still around. Does anyone have any contact with Magi? I hope to see more old timers on Rise Online World if that game comes out and is good. If anyone looking to chat or contact me from olden days, plz do on discord: CooLTanG#4023
    Danny and black like this.