Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Knight online hacked?

This is a discussion on Knight online hacked? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Puahhaha so true.. I bet it's linux though.. They would be retarded to run it on windows..[/b] at least server ...
Page: 5

Puahhaha so true.. I bet it's linux though.. They would be retarded to run it on windows..[/b]
    at least server files i have seen were on windows.Ebenezer for sure.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Whoever thinks this action will change ANYTHING, u are dreaming. Even if this guy shuts down all servers for weeks, K2 will just get a new patch or whatever to stop the attack and things will get back to the way they were before. They dont care about customers, just about their profit.

Eventho there might be good intentions behind all this, it wont make any difference. K2 is a business and this is how they work. They run a shity operation with no real customer support that gives them money. As long as they get their money, why change anything?.

Dont believe me? Wait and see.[/b]
    I agree. I started playing just after KE was relased and pretty much nothing has changed since then. The security is just as bad.
    Remember the times when you could see someone else's characters by logging into your own account?
    Or when you could just use space as a secret answer and it worked? :P

They won't do anything dramatic like Devile said.. just a small hotfix to keep everything together for a while. It won't take a long before someone finds a new flaw in the security :P

Heh, he's dumb. He probably worked for months to hack in thus far, and he still only will receive a ban, lawsuit, and more bullshit from k2.[/b]
    u can buy some hardware that makes your ip untraceale, u dont think he will have done this ??

@Devile

if this guy is serious enough, and smart enough

he can keep findin new ways to defeat K2s new security features, until they are forced to listen to him.

thank mr. skeletal Senior Member XeroK's Avatar

I know tryhoper gotta talk to him

guess it was true cause yesterday around 8:00 AM GMT all NPC's and towers were removed from the game and humans were camping cz orc base

after around 8 hours the problem got solved and K2 were announcing an apology and that it was a technical issue.

in beramus btw

I agree. I started playing just after KE was relased and pretty much nothing has changed since then. The security is just as bad.
    Remember the times when you could see someone else's characters by logging into your own account?
    Or when you could just use space as a secret answer and it worked? :P

They won't do anything dramatic like Devile said.. just a small hotfix to keep everything together for a while. It won't take a long before someone finds a new flaw in the security :P[/b]
    they're security is alot better last i checked you just can't copy n paste account_name's and take over someones account . I haven't really heard of any fags from chicago having database access for awhile either k2's stepped up there internal operations or they're just better at hiding there bull shit .

http://forum.tr.knightonlineworld.com//ind...showtopic=30835

i know its turkish ... just read it few min ago

This guy "Tryhoper" says that he hacked all servers of ko... he doesnt want to make any dmg to them just show k2 how easy it is to hack servers. he is also a player and wants better support from k2. In the conversation between him and the mod, the mod wanted him to delete all npc and mobs in p1 and he did it. So now they try to take action. As i said be4 Tryhoper said that he has no bad mind he only wants that k2 should start listen to players like us and better support them.
    p.s this sounds very real for me dunno if its true or not.[/b]

IF its so dam easy how come this only happends when dum people like to prove somthing like tryhoper over here. This doesnt happen much, what did he prove? nothing except waste our time, trying to udnerstand why this happend, btw i didnt read this hole post only the first reply, so if i mised somthin sorry :S

@Devile

if this guy is serious enough, and smart enough

he can keep findin new ways to defeat K2s new security features, until they are forced to listen to him.[/b]
    Honestly I dont think this guy is that smart. He is not a hacker IMO. This exploit is well known by private server admins. They crash the AI server, reason why NPCs disappear. K2 will report this to MGAME which will send them a patch for the login server so it ignores these bogus packets or simply make a signature of these packets on an IPS and block the attack, just like an antivirus make virus signatures out of patterns and block all sort of variants of the same virus.

This is not a hack at all. This is a Denial of Service (DoS), which is FAR from breaking their security.

U guys should watch less movies about hackers. Security on the internet is way different than what most ppl think it is.

Honestly I dont think this guy is that smart. He is not a hacker IMO. This exploit is well known by private server admins. They crash the AI server, reason why NPCs disappear. K2 will report this to MGAME which will send them a patch for the login server so it ignores these bogus packets or simply make a signature of these packets on an IPS and block the attack, just like an antivirus make virus signatures out of patterns and block all sort of variants of the same virus.

This is not a hack at all. This is a Denial of Service (DoS), which is FAR from breaking their security.

U guys should watch less movies about hackers. Security on the internet is way different than what most ppl think it is.[/b]

i m agree with you totaly. you must watch less movie they are some ppl who want use this chaos for their benefit. i know some noob players who gave their id pass to these hackers :P they thinked that the hackers make them lvl 83 eheuehu.

ass in hole... Senior Member Unihoc's Avatar

hope this will work, this should really wake k2 up

last time i heard about this they hired the hacker lol

Puahhaha so true.. I bet it's linux though.. They would be retarded to run it on windows..[/b]
    Unless MGames and Noah Systems rewrote the entire server-side programming of the game, which they did not, (I'm making this assumption based on the past 4 or perhaps 5 years of KO) the servers are of a Windows flavor. I'd imagine the database could be hosted on anything, but as for the actual server files themselves, they are Windows only.

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

last time i heard about this they hired the hacker lol[/b]
    I wish they'd hire me, I could fix many bugs single-handed. :lol:

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Never heard of anyone hacking the servers huh... My have you forgotten King Of Moradon Already?....

ass in hole... Senior Member Unihoc's Avatar

I wish they'd hire me, I could fix many bugs single-handed. :lol:[/b]
    if they would hired me i would close the game ^_^

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast