Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Knight Online IGC/USD Currency

This is a discussion on Knight Online IGC/USD Currency within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I think Ko4life should keep track of the usd/igc currency for each server. this currency can be measured by scroll ...
Page: 1

I think Ko4life should keep track of the usd/igc currency for each server. this currency can be measured by scroll prices or GB prices.
    the evaluation of the currency should be determined by experienced players who are familiar with the market (market moderators preferably).
    the data can be shown in graphs, which will be updated daily/weekly/monthly or w/e is best.

here is a nice way, Apocalyps2 offered:
    ok i made some changes, the prices of scrolls hp or ac are 144 kc a piece ( not 170 as i said before )
    on the akara market they sell between the 12 and the 15 mil
    taking 13.5mill as avarage price i get this formula

3200 knight cash is $40
    needing the price of 1 kc would result in 40/3200=0.0125
    so 1kc is 0.0125$

0.0125*144=$1.8
    1.8/13.5=0.1333
    0.13*100=13.33

so 100gb would be $13,33 this is the avarage ammount 100gb should cost in usd based on scroll prices
    this price is also very close from what ive found on the akara market section
    there u can buy gbs for inbetween 12 and 15$[/b]
    i think ko's economy is stable enough (over 1 million players) for economical data gathering (although dupe methods/coin wipes/major patches can create sudden changes) .

this information can benefit players who want to keep track of the economy, and also for "investors" who want to apply the "buy low sell high" method here.
    also it is beneficial for virtual economics research (existing in wow, secondlife, and more mmorpg's).

what do you think about this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here are some scientific articles about virtual economies and virtual currencies found on google scholar
    (social science research network):

An Analysis of Virtual Currencies in Online Games
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=544422

On Virtual Economies
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=338500

Real Money Trade Model in Virtual Economies
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=958286

over time we may gather enough data to help academic research in this field.

here is a citation just to get you guys (and girls) interested:
    "The most interesting real estate transaction has been executed after a several months long auctioning process in December 15, 2004, a sale of a whole island at a rather incongruent price of 26,500 USD, BBC reports. The peculiar part of the deal is the location of the island..."

Psy

I think not. ko4life doesn't support usd transactions, but the site allows it.

Users can feel free to put them together though. They won't be stickied though.

Banned

First of all, trading items for USD is illegal. Secondly, the rules of the forum specifically states that they do not support USD trades. Third and most importantly, since virtual items are non tangible items we consider them in par with service. If you have been in the real world long enough, you would know that not everyone has the same wage at work. This is because some people are willing to work for minimum wage, some people aren't. Similarly, some people are willing to sell their items for a set amount and some people aren't.

the currency shouldnt be viewed as item/coin selling, such as crime percentage graphs arent viewed as crimes.
    usd transactions are widely spread through out ko4life forums, denying it won't make it go away.

I think not. ko4life doesn't support usd transactions, but the site allows it.

Users can feel free to put them together though. They won't be stickied though.[/b]
    psy you made a guide to selling for USD, and it was stickied, so i dont see the difference.

about the tangibility problem, an item doesnt have to be tangible in order to have a monetary value (like software, music, movies and more)/

First of all, trading items for USD is illegal. Secondly, the rules of the forum specifically states that they do not support USD trades. Third and most importantly, since virtual items are non tangible items we consider them in par with service. If you have been in the real world long enough, you would know that not everyone has the same wage at work. This is because some people are willing to work for minimum wage, some people aren't. Similarly, some people are willing to sell their items for a set amount and some people aren't.[/b]

Actually there is nothing illegal about it, were talking rules or TOS not law.

However to the point, I don't think anyone has the time, energy or interest to follow coin values in all servers. I also think it's a skill within the game to know the prices of the server you play and this alone can be a great source of making "igc" and to greater or lesser extent part of the game itself.

If the person who wrote this topic wanted to go take it upon himself to create such a forum, then I would say go for it...

sime217

First of all, trading items for USD is illegal. Secondly, the rules of the forum specifically states that they do not support USD trades. Third and most importantly, since virtual items are non tangible items we consider them in par with service. If you have been in the real world long enough, you would know that not everyone has the same wage at work. This is because some people are willing to work for minimum wage, some people aren't. Similarly, some people are willing to sell their items for a set amount and some people aren't.[/b]
    thank you, for that.

ApocolypsePiezo

It seems that some people are not cool with a IGC to USD converstion.

Maybe another option around that would be to set a 100% value on IGC at a given time and then update future values based on a set value at a given time.
    For example, set current IGC at 100% value, If prices go up then the value of IGC goes down visa-vera. Anyone that wanted to do USD conversion would then be able to do it on thier own very easily.

Having some kind of conversion chart "sounds" like a good idea, except there are too many variables
    how often would this need to be updated? anytime there is a little scare prices go up. Someone would have to be checking prices 24X7 and posting results.
    And when there is a major change in the game, it would completely mess up any type of graphing you did, you'd basically have to erase all your prior data and start over.

Either way, if any type of chart was setup it would be used by alot of people and probably copied to many other sites very quickly. Even people that did not like it would be checking it out and trying to use it to their advantage. So, whether people liked it or not, it would become popular.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I don't see the point.

Surely people can just do this themselves?

jimfujitsu

I don't see the point.

Surely people can just do this themselves?[/b]
    He wants to be KO broker from outer space.

people can only calculate the current currency, but they can't look at the history of it, and draw conclusions from that.

the update frequency doesnt have to be on a daily basis , weekly updating or twice a week, can also give good results, and not burden the evaluators.
    crediting or rewarding the evaluators, can increase motivation for this.

of course changes in the game, would be visible on the currency graph (just like in the real world), that is part of the point, seeing how changes affect the economy, and how long lasting these effects are.

people can only calculate the current currency, but they can't look at the history of it, and draw conclusions from that.

the update frequency doesnt have to be on a daily basis , weekly updating or twice a week, can also give good results, and not burden the evaluators.
    crediting or rewarding the evaluators, can increase motivation for this.

of course changes in the game, would be visible on the currency graph (just like in the real world), that is part of the point, seeing how changes affect the economy, and how long lasting these effects are.[/b]
    Well go for it if you have the time, you dont need a team of people to get this started.

i think you need at least 1 man per server, and i dont play any, so im not the right man for this job.

iiason

too many staff required.

but u can always do a p/c on ur server.

added some articles about virtual economies.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

This is seriously overcomplicating a matter. If someone really wanted to do this, they could look how the prices change over a few weeks and then attempt to play the market. It doesn't require a team of people to do it, and certainly not us market mods. Im far to busy, and this would be extremely time consuming.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-17-2012, 11:38 AM