Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Knight Online IGC/USD Currency

This is a discussion on Knight Online IGC/USD Currency within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Actually there is nothing illegal about it, were talking rules or TOS not law. However to the point, I don't ...
Page: 2

Banned

Actually there is nothing illegal about it, were talking rules or TOS not law.

However to the point, I don't think anyone has the time, energy or interest to follow coin values in all servers. I also think it's a skill within the game to know the prices of the server you play and this alone can be a great source of making "igc" and to greater or lesser extent part of the game itself.

If the person who wrote this topic wanted to go take it upon himself to create such a forum, then I would say go for it...[/b]
    When you are playing Knight Online, TOS is the law.

Banned

the currency shouldnt be viewed as item/coin selling, such as crime percentage graphs arent viewed as crimes.
    usd transactions are widely spread through out ko4life forums, denying it won't make it go away.

about the tangibility problem, an item doesnt have to be tangible in order to have a monetary value (like software, music, movies and more)/[/b]
    Who said anything it about not having a monetary value? This is what I said and let me quote myself, "virtual items are non tangible items we consider them in par with providing a service." For example, you mentioned software, music, movies, etc. These are tangible items if they are sold as CDs. However, if you were to download this from the internet, then the website that you downloaded it from is providing a service. There are many websites that charge people a premium subscription free in order for you to download from their server. Some of these sites have different subscription fees. This is because not everyone is willing to sell their service for the same price. You get the point? Or are you going to waste your time by finding more irrelevant websites.

when ppl starting to try setting prices in runescape it was gay and fucked alot of flippers personally when i first started i was selling bigbones to ppl going for 90+ prayer

regardless prices never get set so yes this is an incredibly time consuming project and in a game like ko with multiple worlds and not just one world with different portals/servers its really impossible as theres always supply n demand thats controlled by way too many things to estimate

runordie

lol big bones? noob, fish sharks

ppl can do easy business in KO and earn lots of cash for it and I can give u an example:

1. buy a RoL +1 for $120
    2. sell the RoL +1 for IGC for 24gb
    3. go sell the 24gb for $10 per 1gb
    4. u earn ur self $240 after selling those gb's

almost 100% profit and i know few ppl who earned over $4000 by doing that

so by what ken says the approximate currency in his server is 10$ per gb. i dont think he had to work very hard in order to come up with that number.
    thats why i think the currency thing is doable.

all one has to do is write a number in a specific post in his market section, this data will accumulate over time to make up a chart. even if one mod (or anyone else) stepped up, im sure the results will encourage everyone else to follow him.

ApocolypsePiezo

i think you need at least 1 man per server, and i dont play any, so im not the right man for this job.[/b]
    Wait a minute...you dont even play KO?
    This is a waste of everyones time then, to come here and try to volunteer other people to do a job noone wants to do.

I fully support you if this is a project you want to undertake, and yeah I think it would be a popular idea. But to just volunteer others to do things in a game you dont even play is a rediculious waste of time.

What are your motives?

Wait a minute...you dont even play KO?
    This is a waste of everyones time then, to come here and try to volunteer other people to do a job noone wants to do.

I fully support you if this is a project you want to undertake, and yeah I think it would be a popular idea. But to just volunteer others to do things in a game you dont even play is a rediculious waste of time.

What are your motives?[/b]

lawl, funny shit.

I think Ko4life should keep track of the usd/igc currency for each server. this currency can be measured by scroll prices or GB prices.
    the evaluation of the currency should be determined by experienced players who are familiar with the market (market moderators preferably).
    the data can be shown in graphs, which will be updated daily/weekly/monthly or w/e is best.

i think ko's economy is stable enough (over 1 million players) for economical data gathering (although dupe methods/coin wipes/major patches can create sudden changes) .

this information can benefit players who want to keep track of the economy, and also for "investors" who want to apply the "buy low sell high" method here.
    also it is beneficial for virtual economics research (existing in wow, secondlife, and more mmorpg's).

what do you think about this?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here are some scientific articles about virtual economies and virtual currencies found on google scholar
    (social science research network):

An Analysis of Virtual Currencies in Online Games
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=544422

On Virtual Economies
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=338500

Real Money Trade Model in Virtual Economies
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=958286

over time we may gather enough data to help academic research in this field.

here is a citation just to get you guys (and girls) interested:
    "The most interesting real estate transaction has been executed after a several months long auctioning process in December 15, 2004, a sale of a whole island at a rather incongruent price of 26,500 USD, BBC reports. The peculiar part of the deal is the location of the island..."[/b]

Yeah... You do know that we don't get paid for this job, right? We do it in our spare time. If you want to waste your own time building something like this then be my guest. I, however, have other things that I'd much rather be doing, especially since I quit KO a long time ago.

When you are playing Knight Online, TOS is the law.[/b]
    lol sarcastic mofo

even if i played ko, i still had to volunteer ppl from other servers so it doesnt change much.

i dont have motives other than the interest in the outcome.

as i said before, i dont think it is time consuming, a matter of few minutes a week, this is not something you should get paid to do, just like mods dont get paid to manage their market sections (AFAIK). the people who help this project will be properly credited, this in itself should be reward enough.

i think you guys missed the point, you dont do it for me, you do it for yourselves. this tool will surely help the ko community.

i made this post as a suggestion, its fine to not want to do this. im not forcing anyone. just looking for ppl who do want to participate.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

ppl can do easy business in KO and earn lots of cash for it and I can give u an example:

1. buy a RoL +1 for $120

almost 100% profit and i know few ppl who earned over $4000 by doing that [/b]
    murat made waaaaaaay more than that at beramus

lol big bones? noob, fish sharks[/b]
    sharks weren't even in existence then who's the noob now NOOB

Yeah... You do know that we don't get paid for this job, right? We do it in our spare time. If you want to waste your own time building something like this then be my guest. I, however, have other things that I'd much rather be doing, especially since I quit KO a long time ago.[/b]
    ahhh i'm using the dreaded +1

1. buy a RoL +1 for $120

almost 100% profit and i know few ppl who earned over $4000 by doing that [/b]

start
    sale gbs
    +240
    finish
    +120

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-17-2012, 11:38 AM