Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Knight Online Remaster

This is a discussion on Knight Online Remaster within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The only way a KO Remaster would stay relevant would be by adopting a more OSRS style model, where content ...
Page: 2

The only way a KO Remaster would stay relevant would be by adopting a more OSRS style model, where content updates are polled or at least discussed beforehand. As well as making sure to keep updating the game regularly with improvements to the game, not only random additional content, but actual improvements to the core game itself.

OSRS succeeded because it managed to keep the oldschool feeling and nostalgia of the original game, and built on top of the groundwork by adding content and QoL updates that don't ruin the nostalgic experience and the original feel. The core game is still the same, but they can add new content as long as it "feels like it could've been added to the game in 2007".

I don't see how KO would do something like this. KO has had ridiculously long development times since it launched. New content takes forever to make and it launches with bugs and random features. They haven't gone back to fix original design flaws, which would be pretty much the first step if KO was ever remastered. It's just too much work and too unlikely to survive in modern gaming climate.

On the Unreal engine it would be bloody epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzilla View Post
    And then we have to talk about the Pay2Win concept of Knight online. So it's pretty much 3 issues. I'm a babashopper myself (Anyone who knows me knows that), and the gap I can create with my Mastercard alone vs a free2play is just horrendous. Like it's literally stupid. The overall gap between pay2play and free2play should not be as huge as it is in Knight Online, period. There should be incentives to use the PUS, for example cosmetics and (Emphasis on SMALL boosts, but knight online is basically unplayable without PUS or babashopping. The PUS would have to be re-hauled completely in order for a rework to really succeed (At least that's how I feel). As far as the gold farmers, as much as people hate them, they do bring activity to the game. Some people literally make their living off of knight online (Sad right? I know..), so to completely black ball gold farming would be kind of a stab in KO's own foot, but that's something they also need to get a grip on.

tldr:
    • Yes I would play, but if I stay is dependent on a few things
    • New particle effects and graphics and all would be good
    • It can only work if other issues are fixed, such as new player retention, new vs vet skill gap, new content balancing, pay2win balancing, & 2 week play n quit mentality
    I agree with a lot of what you said apart from this section.

It's unfair to label the game P2W when it's the population, and not the game or developers themselves, making it so. You can get far ahead with your mastercard because there are other players who are willing to break the ToS to sell you their items. The fault does not lie on the developers here, as KO has always said selling & buying items for USD is against their rules, the fault lies at the population for breaking these rules to make some money.

Premium and Scrolls give negligible benefits when compared to what a lot of free to play games offer their customers, and unlike most others game, these can all be obtained in-game by purchasing them off the market. As far as modern day F2P games go, KO is extremely F2P friendly I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I don't see how KO would do something like this. KO has had ridiculously long development times since it launched. New content takes forever to make and it launches with bugs and random features. They haven't gone back to fix original design flaws, which would be pretty much the first step if KO was ever remastered. It's just too much work and too unlikely to survive in modern gaming climate.
    Too much work? It's really not.. I mean it's already been getting done by people in their spare time on bloody private servers. If a couple of freelance devs can implement new events, features and systems into the game in their spare time then an actual paid team easily spew out new bug free content every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Too much work? It's really not.. I mean it's already been getting done by people in their spare time on bloody private servers. If a couple of freelance devs can implement new events, features and systems into the game in their spare time then an actual paid team easily spew out new bug free content every so often.
    I don't understand why you assume freelance devs are worse than "paid employees".
    There is no correlation between paid developers and bug free content here plus freelancers actually make 3 to 4 times as much money lol...
    It is not just "building new content" but the code is written in a way that you can not simply extend it without breaking a lot of things.
    There's a big technical debt in the code and this is why Knight Online could not evolve with time as it should have but received some design-breaking crap like Kurians.
    It would probably be easier to just rewrite the whole game instead of doing these fundamental changes.
    The worst programmers are found in asia and india and you know where the game was developed.

Probation Senior Member

The company is complete shat. They need to get on board like jagex and blizzard and release knight online (c) ( classic) i dont understand why they wont do so.. Does the company not own the license for myko? Whats the hold up. They would essentially kill off private servers for a time being and generate alot of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSinister View Post
    The company is complete shat. They need to get on board like jagex and blizzard and release knight online (c) ( classic) i dont understand why they wont do so.. Does the company not own the license for myko? Whats the hold up. They would essentially kill off private servers for a time being and generate alot of revenue.
    No, they neither have the license nor the technical know how

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    No, they neither have the license nor the technical know how
    I agree. If you look at NTT game twitch streams,and you see who are the admins and gms,you'd wonder how the game even runs as it is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    Would you play KO again if they remastered it? Discuss.
    Take it back to 08. Add some form of pvp arena format with seasonal pvp wank factor titles/rewards etc. Reduce pus prices by like 75%. Double drop rates to make farming actually somewhat viable and i think it'd be pretty fucking popular.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    I agree. If you look at NTT game twitch streams,and you see who are the admins and gms,you'd wonder how the game even runs as it is lol.
    Ntt doesnt run shit.

They just host the game. In a sense they are like private server, they just have a license from mgame.

Banned Senior Member

Never going to happen. One can hope, but nope. Honestly even if it did KOXPERS and such would just end up ruining it. I'd def come back to KO if it ever happened but I know it won't. I honestly am not sure why they wouldn't do it. KO was in it's prime 2006-2009. Miss those times a lot but sadly this game has turned into something that isn't even considered KO anymore. The community that's left on it is terribad. I'm actually not sure if NTTGame could even re-release a classic KO if they don't have the rights which is probably why you never see any DMCA's against MYKO type servers.

Probation Senior Member

That makes sense.. I wonder who you would need to contact in order to purchase a Myko style license and how much it would cost??

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Never going to happen. One can hope, but nope. Honestly even if it did KOXPERS and such would just end up ruining it. I'd def come back to KO if it ever happened but I know it won't. I honestly am not sure why they wouldn't do it. KO was in it's prime 2006-2009. Miss those times a lot but sadly this game has turned into something that isn't even considered KO anymore. The community that's left on it is terribad. I'm actually not sure if NTTGame could even re-release a classic KO if they don't have the rights which is probably why you never see any DMCA's against MYKO type servers.
    They are actually utilizing DMCA claims against MYKO type servers as well. NTT representatives are closing down facebook groups and pages actively, including my own server pages and groups got deleted, they claim intellectual property on the game despite it being 12xx private server, they have striked down many big server names pages as well. They've gotten very aggresive at the start of 2019, especially in closing down facebook groups, pages and youtube videos and channels.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    They are actually utilizing DMCA claims against MYKO type servers as well. NTT representatives are closing down facebook groups and pages actively, including my own server pages and groups got deleted, they claim intellectual property on the game despite it being 12xx private server, they have striked down many big server names pages as well. They've gotten very aggresive at the start of 2019, especially in closing down facebook groups, pages and youtube videos and channels.
    Whats ur point?
    They have every right to do so.
    Unless you are approved page by mgame/ nttgame, you have no legal base.
    And they do own right for Knight Online, in the west.
    So if you are in west (aka anywhere else than korea) they have trademark and license for the game and that includes 12xx version

Knight Online Classic

thats a great idea actually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast