Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Knight Online Remaster

This is a discussion on Knight Online Remaster within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by DoomBringer Whats ur point? They have every right to do so. Unless you are approved page by ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    Whats ur point?
    They have every right to do so.
    Unless you are approved page by mgame/ nttgame, you have no legal base.
    And they do own right for Knight Online, in the west.
    So if you are in west (aka anywhere else than korea) they have trademark and license for the game and that includes 12xx version
    Looks like you didn't read his post nor my comment, so let me re-write it just for you and perhaps you'll get the point

lilorc is saying that he's unsure if NTTgame owns the license for the "classic" and if they could even re-open it as classic and referring that you've never seen any DMCA requests for the older versions. I responded that they are in fact utilizing DMCA against MYKO servers and 12xx files as well, which means they fall into the same trademark category, from which you can conclude that they do have the trademark for any version of the KO they run, since they are pursuing takedowns to all versions of KO private servers. Hopefully you can see the point from the context now, which is that if they'd want to open a "MYKO" server they could.

Nonetheless they won't because KO isn't WOW, and downgrading an upgraded version is a big waste of functionality and time for them since their servers seems to do just fine as they are.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Also blizzard went for classic because of crazy hugr numbers of players requesting it. For example over 2m pre registered accounts for wow classis before launch. When it went live they opened 12 additional servers for it because the hype was unreal.

Point being, from bare monthly subscribtions the money they blizzard get per month from wow classic alone, os huuuge.

KO doesnt have anywhere near the numbers of players for them to be economically worth the effort.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    Looks like you didn't read his post nor my comment, so let me re-write it just for you and perhaps you'll get the point

lilorc is saying that he's unsure if NTTgame owns the license for the "classic" and if they could even re-open it as classic and referring that you've never seen any DMCA requests for the older versions. I responded that they are in fact utilizing DMCA against MYKO servers and 12xx files as well, which means they fall into the same trademark category, from which you can conclude that they do have the trademark for any version of the KO they run, since they are pursuing takedowns to all versions of KO private servers. Hopefully you can see the point from the context now, which is that if they'd want to open a "MYKO" server they could.

Nonetheless they won't because KO isn't WOW, and downgrading an upgraded version is a big waste of functionality and time for them since their servers seems to do just fine as they are.
    Didnt read hes post.
    Didnt focus on urs.

Also, downgrading KO has no point, because this game does not have a fanbase who would go "ooh, i would like to play it again"

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    this game does not have a fanbase who would go "ooh, i would like to play it again"
    ooh, i would like to play it again. You're wrong

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    ooh, i would like to play it again. You're wrong
    But can you bring enough people to flood the servers, so that they would need to open atleast 1 extra server :?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123