Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Knight Online, and video games in General

This is a discussion on Knight Online, and video games in General within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; bye,, but being in addicted to games doesnt always mean u will fail.. or even playing video games.. its the ...
Page: 10

Mercyful

bye,, but being in addicted to games doesnt always mean u will fail..
    or even playing video games.. its the poeple who can cantrol themselves... lutz set example
    theres actaulyl 2x poeple going to harvard in my school out of a school of 1300
    they were addicted to video games yet.. was also able to controlt hemselves to get good grades in school and play sports

well.. i can empathize with Lutz. I had/have an addiction to online games that has, in the past, f*cked up my grades in college. Failed year 1 Computer Science at Queens Belfast, (mostly due to Sof2/partying) Failed year 1 Multimedia(Too much time on ko- basically terrible prioritizing on my part) I wouldnt change a thing about my past. During the last 3 years I have managed to find my perfect girl, and are now planning to get married. Sure.. in an ideal world i would have passed everything first time.. but I can only learn from my mistakes.. i dont take advice easily, and that, in my own opinion is my biggest downfall. Anyways its simple to know if your spending too much time on video games.. people just dont WANT to admit it to themselves. I hope that this topic helps some people understand their feelings.

SillyHo

Sorry Lutz things didnt work out for you the way you planned. Nothing in the life ever does. It isnt the game that got you it was an admitted addiction. Same shit coulda happened to you had you become consumed with Football. You end up spending countless hours in film sessions, then lift weights with the team, followed by practices, followed by individual workouts if you really plan on being anything. That was just a small example as it could be anything from drama, to your debate, to a science club. If you let any one single thing dominate you to exclusion of others it is natural to see a tailing off in the other arenas.

As for needing college to be successful...lol at that. I went to college in the fall of 1990 to a small school in east texas. I was majoring in chemistry and my minor was going to be secondary education and/or chemical engineering (trying to decide if i wanted to teach and coach soccer at a highschool or work in the oil fields). My mother got recalled active duty desert storm and I returned to washington state to watch the house and take care of things here. After she returned my student loans came due and I learned I could not play soccer for the university since I was still classified as a second term freshman. Mind you I was rookie of the year, all-district and all-league for a team that went to the small school national tournament. I bounced around from delivering pizzas, to armed security, to working in a manufacturing plant as a mig-tig welder. Now I make 41.90 an hour as a union Elevator Constructor. I am married with 2 great kids and while I think I spend a little too much time on this game, I am always available for my family.

Life is life for a reason. If it always went as we planned it, or worse had it planned for us, it wouldnt be much of a life. You are correct about the enjoying it part, you just have to find what you like yourself and not worry about what other people decide is success. In the eyes of my son I am a GOD and the rest of you are noobs, or cheaters, or lucky to have me as a friend. Mind you he is only 8 years old, but in his world, how can I say he is right or wrong?

ILoveYouToo

Sorry Lutz things didnt work out for you the way you planned. Nothing in the life ever does. It isnt the game that got you it was an admitted addiction. Same shit coulda happened to you had you become consumed with Football. You end up spending countless hours in film sessions, then lift weights with the team, followed by practices, followed by individual workouts if you really plan on being anything. That was just a small example as it could be anything from drama, to your debate, to a science club. If you let any one single thing dominate you to exclusion of others it is natural to see a tailing off in the other arenas.

As for needing college to be successful...lol at that. I went to college in the fall of 1990 to a small school in east texas. I was majoring in chemistry and my minor was going to be secondary education and/or chemical engineering (trying to decide if i wanted to teach and coach soccer at a highschool or work in the oil fields). My mother got recalled active duty desert storm and I returned to washington state to watch the house and take care of things here. After she returned my student loans came due and I learned I could not play soccer for the university since I was still classified as a second term freshman. Mind you I was rookie of the year, all-district and all-league for a team that went to the small school national tournament. I bounced around from delivering pizzas, to armed security, to working in a manufacturing plant as a mig-tig welder. Now I make 41.90 an hour as a union Elevator Constructor. I am married with 2 great kids and while I think I spend a little too much time on this game, I am always available for my family.

Life is life for a reason. If it always went as we planned it, or worse had it planned for us, it wouldnt be much of a life. You are correct about the enjoying it part, you just have to find what you like yourself and not worry about what other people decide is success. In the eyes of my son I am a GOD and the rest of you are noobs, or cheaters, or lucky to have me as a friend. Mind you he is only 8 years old, but in his world, how can I say he is right or wrong?[/b]
    You lost me in the end. You might be God to your son, but i'm his pimp that lil punk reports to me

*sigh* i'm so lame

SillyHo

Point is happiness is what you personally make of it. In his small world I am king of everything. Its just an example of how his perceptions and thoughts of what make him happy are all that matter to him. Its all in the minds eye

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

btw lutz. ur nuts lol. i would be liek crazy happy if i got into uci. its in the same city as k2

MillionVoices

lol you're pro in school[/b]
    well i spent most of my freshman/sophmore year outside smoking stogies and in 11th grade got 88 AVG. Thats what colleges look at in NYC here.

lol at all the fags who tried to make a joke or said bs about my income. It's called Self-Employment/Owning your own Buisness.

Zero that superiority complex or arrogance, what has it earned you, I bet your one of those people who sit around and think they are better than everyone, but at the end of the day your just a zero. typically ****** in the hood mentality, they think they are smarter than everyone and all this shit, and why they dont have this or that, then they go pop people who piss em off. If your really what you claim to be , you wouldnt be such a jerk-off to people. Every turk knows who you are congratulations, that all you'll ever be. Just a well-known person in a video game. Why dont you tell us who you are outside of life, yea the real world, not the virtual world.

I just bought my Benz a week ago, all you haters can go suck dick for all I care. Honestly what would I gain by lying on a gaming forum, some people need to grow up. yesterday was my first post in about a pretty long time, and I see haters are just as quick to reply as b4.

-Gondy

Cadence96

Well... in my time in this forum I realized that Lutz is smart. Specially when he managed to discover king's scam, It was an omghowyoudidit.

Maybe for games he didn't reach Standford in this reality. But maybe this reality is better than another reality when he used his time studing more. Who knows?
    Everything in excess is bad... games, religion, studies, money wasted, money saved, etc...

But personally, I think that KO is a non-human game, the exp system is very abusive.

Or maybe all this topic is a psy experiment...

ILoveYouToo

well i spent most of my freshman/sophmore year outside smoking stogies and in 11th grade got 88 AVG. Thats what colleges look at in NYC here.

lol at all the fags who tried to make a joke or said bs about my income. It's called Self-Employment/Owning your own Buisness.

Zero that superiority complex or arrogance, what has it earned you, I bet your one of those people who sit around and think they are better than everyone, but at the end of the day your just a zero. typically ****** in the hood mentality, they think they are smarter than everyone and all this shit, and why they dont have this or that, then they go pop people who piss em off. If your really what you claim to be , you wouldnt be such a jerk-off to people. Every turk knows who you are congratulations, that all you'll ever be. Just a well-known person in a video game. Why dont you tell us who you are outside of life, yea the real world, not the virtual world.
    I just bought my Benz a week ago, all you haters can go suck dick for all I care. Honestly what would I gain by lying on a gaming forum, some people need to grow up. yesterday was my first post in about a pretty long time, and I see haters are just as quick to reply as b4.

-Gondy[/b]
    I was being sarcastic. GPA here is based on a scale of 0-4 up to 5 if you take AP courses. And you said you had a 75 gpa i knew you were either lying or made a typo.

MillionVoices

The truth of the matter is KO had nothing to do with the reason you failed to get into an extreemely selective school. In reality the schools that are ultra selective like Stanford, Harvard, Yale, MIT etc. base their decisions on two things: How connected you are, (how connected you are to the school and how connected your family is) and how unique you are as an individual.

You said one of your siblings attended Stanford but having an alumni sibling really doesn't carry a lot of weight for you unless they've done something significant (ie given a large financial gift to the University). I am assuming (though I could be wrong) that your sibling either has yet the means or the will to do something like this for the university.

Everything else you talked about ie good grades, extra curricular activities etc. really don't mean shit. In reality every student applying to those types of schools carry those in their portfolio. What else did you present them with to seperate you from everyone else? Everything you said in your post to be honest is boring and average.

What kind of application letter did you send? How did you show them that you will benefit the university by attending. After all applying for the college is the same as applying for a job its your job to show them that you are the best candidate for the position. If i was working in the admissions office and you were listing those sorts of things in your application letter that you were in your post, I'd probably pass you over before I finished reading.

In the end it wasn't KO that failed you, it was the way you applied and presented yourself. Suck it up and take it as a life lesson and move on to the next alternative. The End.[/b]
    +1

Few years back in an interview i got a position by saying that every single person who applies is a total fool and that they are incompetent. I had such a conveincing speech going on, the lady certinely hired me and she never regreted it.

Point is dont Ivy league schools have like Interviews to determine admission.

Oh about that GPA, i have a 3.0 now in college.

Got a Litertaure final in 6 hrs, have about 3 plays to read ahhhh.

RiseAgainst_

Things happen for a reason, im sure that for you, not attending to Stanford will be the best step you will ever make and when you are older you might think what would be of you if u did but you will also be happy cuz of the path you took.

Jc.

KirbyKommando

Don't be down because you couldn't/didn't accomplish something other people want you to.

It's important to set your own goals in life and do everything you can to accomplish them, nothing is worse then regretting something you could but didn't do.
    If you wonna fuck a dog and two chicks at the same time then do it, go for it.
    If you wonna study hard, get a good job, work your ass off to provide food for your family/people you love then do it, give it your all.
    If you don't succeed, atleast you tried your best and have nothing to regret.

It's only life, right? :lol:

Don't be down because you couldn't/didn't accomplish something other people want you to.

It's important to set your own goals in life and do everything you can to accomplish them, nothing is worse then regretting something you could but didn't do.
    If you wonna fuck a dog and two chicks at the same time then do it, go for it.
    If you wonna study hard, get a good job, work your ass off to provide food for your family/people you love then do it, give it your all.
    If you don't succeed, atleast you tried your best and have nothing to regret.

It's only life, right? :lol:[/b]
    lutz he eats dogs and not havin' funny hours h34r:

lutz he eats dogs and not havin' funny hours h34r:[/b]

you baba should try it sometime

aint bad

good luck in life.

couple years ago i lost a girl that i lived with for over a year because of this game.

shit happens, but we learn. Glad I stuck with the better decision

take care

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast