Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Knight Online, and video games in General

This is a discussion on Knight Online, and video games in General within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I never regretted playing KO, nor did it ruin my life -_-[/b] oh shut up! You worked at wendy's. what ...
Page: 6

Banned

I never regretted playing KO, nor did it ruin my life -_-[/b]
    oh shut up! You worked at wendy's. what is there to ruin!?

Mmm lutz i know what it was to feel like that in school, but i FAILED at school myself, even though i was in the credit classes (Credit - in scotland its like classes were you get your A's) and i never got moved down despite failing everything :P

I then got a math tutor for about 10 weeks once every saturday, and i got very good results and gaining everything i needed to become and engineer, and now i have conquered my dream of being and engineer by luck and determination, mostly i passed English by typing this - i got in the habbit when i tryed to hide my identity on a game called FOM so i didnt get ganked by my buddys xD. I did no homework or work in class, got kicked out a few times too (one time was for assult on teacher, i didnt even touch him..) but things just happened to be on my side for once and i got my dream job, and this is just through "high-school"

I actually turned to computer games after fucking up my leg with an akkiles injury which made me unfit for sport as it caused allot of discomfort and pain in my legs, so i used the computer to pass time, and it gradually got addicting, taking this spare time, and taking my life with my friends away, and thats why people think im a nerd because i play games like this allot.

But, What is it you want to do? Education is boring, waste of time to me. Id often think in class, "what will i do in KO tonight?" but ive grown out and up and now i just spam the forum with long posts about.. shit

But the best thing to do is just apply for apprenticships or go round phoning your big electrical, gas w/e companys, even if they arent advertising - if nothing comes up, ASK when do they start recruitment - in aberdeen we have no shortage here due to being the oil capital of europe, and i now work for a small company of about 12 engineers, and lots of executives which is the biggest contracted and payed firm in Aberdeen than any others, which is great fun!

~Cammy

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

oh shut up! You worked at wendy's. what is there to ruin!?[/b]
    ahahahaha! :lol:

Banned Senior Member

oh shut up! You worked at wendy's. what is there to ruin!?[/b]
    I now work for Tech Support for an undisclosed Internet Service Provider

Willows

Tank is a smart man. That's all I have to say. (Though don't let it go to your head)

Honestly blaming the game instead of yourself is pathetic. I'm sorry that you didnt get into stanford, but it is YOUR fault not the game.

Anything can be addictive, it's up to the person if they have addictive tendencies or not. Are you going to blame every activity that takes up your time before you realize it's your own fault?

Psy

Lutz, you should have wrote:

Due to personal issues, am taking a leave of absence from moderating these forums and playing ingame.

-lutz[/b]
    You would have saved everyone's time, including yourself, if you left it as simple. Don't be like one of those angry PTA mothers moaning about games instead of their own parenting.

And to Eric: We shouldn&#39;t blame the game, nor should we blame ourselves. We should blame canada! (<-- click)

MillionVoices

I was addicted to Knight Online since my freshman (9th) grade year. I remember playing it for hours on end, sometimes even to log on and just sit around and do nothing. I&#39;d probably walk around at school thinking about nothing but Knight Online, and what I could do to get better at the game. It consumed me.

As a result, I failed my Freshman year. I recieved 3 B&#39;s in my classes and as a result I was behind on coursework from then on. I never understood why I even played Knight Online, but maybe it was some involuntary thought that I had to be better, but this was always at a cost - the cost of my grades. I tried to make up for my 3.5 GPA in my Freshman year, by essentially doing every extracurricular activity there was, involving my passions with my non-academic pursuits. I literally taught a computer science "course" at my school (since there were no classes related to programming at my school), worked as a technical director for theatre productions, became extremely active in our debate program, practiced endless hours of piano to win at competitions, played on the high school tennis team, started my own web designing organization, moderated you fools, and underwent an internship at the Boeing company, all to pursue my penchant for both innovation and engineering. Although my grades were bad in Freshman year, I consistently brought them up each year, up to a 4.0 in my Senior year first quarter report. But it wasn&#39;t enough. It wasn&#39;t enough.

My high school is the number one high school in California, and the top ten in the nation; we are a public school. Our school is extraordinarily competitive and for that reason we send a good number (5-6 students) per year to Ivy Leagues. For some reason, this year, I was the only person applying to Stanford (early). In addition, I had one sibling who had already attended Stanford. I had so much going for me. But you can&#39;t make up for lost time. To err is to infinitely drown yourself in the hands of failure.

Yesterday, I recieved my rejection letter from Stanford University, and for that reason I now realize my mistakes. There is no way to amend, you need to take every moment and do well. Stop playing video games, or at least control yourself to perhaps 2 hours per week. You won&#39;t gain anything by being good at this game. You won&#39;t gain anything by becoming the #1 forum troll on ko4life. You will only lose.
    Time is forever fleeting,
    you cannot catch it.
    Oh, do not waste time weeping,
    for you will waste your wit.
    I&#39;ll be unreachable by MSN, this forum, and on any game until next April. Bye.[/b]
    I dont want to be insulting to you.

But shit, GPA means my balls.
    Its all about SAT scores.
    wtf did you get on your SAT&#39;s?

You say KO fucked you up, yet you got a 4.0 no?
    Also you have all that extracirricular bullshit.
    How did you not get in? iTs because a computer is also responsible for the selection as well maybe your Essay was weak.

Let me say, why dont you tru to re-apply or call and ask how you didnt get in with a 4.0. Or schedule an interview with Dean of Admissions. If you really give a fuck drive/fly down there and do somethnig about it. Dont post here to raise your ego.

I got into every school I applied with my 75 GPA, only because my SAT scores were top of the line. As well as that NYU crap.
    Also colleges look at your 11th grade year.

Honestly school isnt everything, social life and networking >your grades.
    It doesnt matter what school you go or that, its all about the networks and connects you have.

J

Your name is Allen? O.o

Anyways isn&#39;t it true that since Standford is a private school they turn down a lot of asians?

MillionVoices

I never regretted playing KO, nor did it ruin my life -_-[/b]
    +1

Played KO while in HS.
    I thank KO because of that, it shaped my life aswell as establishin very good contacts worldwide.
    I dont regret it, i met amazing people in Ares in NN, Polish, Germans all of it. They helped shape who i&#39;ve become.

How can u blame KO lutz?
    was ur choice, not ko&#39;s
    anyways...who needs an education?
    i was expelled from high school in my 2nd year (4th form^^)
    in 6 days i will own my own home
    my bank account is sitting at a nice lvl
    i have 3 children
    and the 60 acres of pine trees my mother and i planted 15 years ago will be bringing us a few more dollars in 5 years

So who needs an education?[/b]
    I learn nothing in school, total waste of my time. Its what you do outside that counts. I have a 4-figure a day income.

runordie

+1

Played KO while in HS.
    I thank KO because of that, it shaped my life aswell as establishin very good contacts worldwide.
    I dont regret it, i met amazing people in Ares in NN, Polish, Germans all of it. They helped shape who i&#39;ve become.
    I learn nothing in school, total waste of my time. Its what you do outside that counts. I have a 4-figure a day income.[/b]
    And have learned all the different cultures

ILoveYouToo

I dont want to be insulting to you.

But shit, GPA means my balls.
    Its all about SAT scores.
    wtf did you get on your SAT&#39;s?

You say KO fucked you up, yet you got a 4.0 no?
    Also you have all that extracirricular bullshit.
    How did you not get in? iTs because a computer is also responsible for the selection as well maybe your Essay was weak.

Let me say, why dont you tru to re-apply or call and ask how you didnt get in with a 4.0. Or schedule an interview with Dean of Admissions. If you really give a fuck drive/fly down there and do somethnig about it. Dont post here to raise your ego.

I got into every school I applied with my 75 GPA, only because my SAT scores were top of the line. As well as that NYU crap.
    Also colleges look at your 11th grade year.

Honestly school isnt everything, social life and networking >your grades.
    It doesnt matter what school you go or that, its all about the networks and connects you have.[/b]
    lol you&#39;re pro in school

Psy

75 gpa? or .75? or 75% average? lol

either you&#39;re insanely smart, incredibly stupid, or average.

The truth of the matter is KO had nothing to do with the reason you failed to get into an extreemely selective school. In reality the schools that are ultra selective like Stanford, Harvard, Yale, MIT etc. base their decisions on two things: How connected you are, (how connected you are to the school and how connected your family is) and how unique you are as an individual.

You said one of your siblings attended Stanford but having an alumni sibling really doesn&#39;t carry a lot of weight for you unless they&#39;ve done something significant (ie given a large financial gift to the University). I am assuming (though I could be wrong) that your sibling either has yet the means or the will to do something like this for the university.

Everything else you talked about ie good grades, extra curricular activities etc. really don&#39;t mean shit. In reality every student applying to those types of schools carry those in their portfolio. What else did you present them with to seperate you from everyone else? Everything you said in your post to be honest is boring and average.

What kind of application letter did you send? How did you show them that you will benefit the university by attending. After all applying for the college is the same as applying for a job its your job to show them that you are the best candidate for the position. If i was working in the admissions office and you were listing those sorts of things in your application letter that you were in your post, I&#39;d probably pass you over before I finished reading.

In the end it wasn&#39;t KO that failed you, it was the way you applied and presented yourself. Suck it up and take it as a life lesson and move on to the next alternative. The End.

75 gpa? or .75? or 75% average? lol

either you&#39;re insanely smart, incredibly stupid, or average.[/b]

Actually, while applying for a few scholarships recently, they had one box for GPA&#39;s weighted out of 100, rather than 4.0 or 5.0. Dunno if it&#39;s the same, just throwing that out there.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast