Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Knight Online, and video games in General

This is a discussion on Knight Online, and video games in General within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was addicted to Knight Online since my freshman (9th) grade year. I remember playing it for hours on end, ...
Page: 7

cRuX

I was addicted to Knight Online since my freshman (9th) grade year. I remember playing it for hours on end, sometimes even to log on and just sit around and do nothing. I'd probably walk around at school thinking about nothing but Knight Online, and what I could do to get better at the game. It consumed me.

As a result, I failed my Freshman year. I recieved 3 B's in my classes and as a result I was behind on coursework from then on. I never understood why I even played Knight Online, but maybe it was some involuntary thought that I had to be better, but this was always at a cost - the cost of my grades. I tried to make up for my 3.5 GPA in my Freshman year, by essentially doing every extracurricular activity there was, involving my passions with my non-academic pursuits. I literally taught a computer science "course" at my school (since there were no classes related to programming at my school), worked as a technical director for theatre productions, became extremely active in our debate program, practiced endless hours of piano to win at competitions, played on the high school tennis team, started my own web designing organization, moderated you fools, and underwent an internship at the Boeing company, all to pursue my penchant for both innovation and engineering. Although my grades were bad in Freshman year, I consistently brought them up each year, up to a 4.0 in my Senior year first quarter report. But it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough.

My high school is the number one high school in California, and the top ten in the nation; we are a public school. Our school is extraordinarily competitive and for that reason we send a good number (5-6 students) per year to Ivy Leagues. For some reason, this year, I was the only person applying to Stanford (early). In addition, I had one sibling who had already attended Stanford. I had so much going for me. But you can't make up for lost time. To err is to infinitely drown yourself in the hands of failure.

Yesterday, I recieved my rejection letter from Stanford University, and for that reason I now realize my mistakes. There is no way to amend, you need to take every moment and do well. Stop playing video games, or at least control yourself to perhaps 2 hours per week. You won't gain anything by being good at this game. You won't gain anything by becoming the #1 forum troll on ko4life. You will only lose.
    Time is forever fleeting,
    you cannot catch it.
    Oh, do not waste time weeping,
    for you will waste your wit.
    I'll be unreachable by MSN, this forum, and on any game until next April. Bye.[/b]
    Kid in my town was rejected from Stanford too.. I think they're just bitches..this kid had highest possible GPA..already taking college courses in highschool..was involved in many extra-curricular activities and got 35 on ACT. I think stanford are just stuck-up bitches..no worries.

Ohhh noes! Lutz made me realise i wasted my life on dumb things

I always knew i shouldn't have spent so many years of my life reading Harry Potter, now the last book is out and it sucks!

All these years i couldn't think of anything else then Harry.. and how i could possibly make my way to Hogwarts.

And then BAM J.K fookin Rowlings just smash aways all my dreams with this last book and i'm like so sad right now.
    Think about it people don't waste your life on dumb things and be a man like Lutz and I!

DragonFire

I love you lutz

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

imma just work for k2 -.- 30 min drive and i know everything about the game. might as well not waste the time ive already used lol

denzil

good to hear that, its nice when scammers get fucked

imma just work for k2 -.- 30 min drive and i know everything about the game. might as well not waste the time ive already used lol[/b]
    Where do u live? I live 30min away from k2 also. Maybe we are neighbors and we don't even know it :P

imma just work for k2 -.- 30 min drive and i know everything about the game. might as well not waste the time ive already used lol[/b]
    Takes me 30 minutes to get there as well haha.

Takes me 30 minutes to get there as well haha.[/b]
    Lol where do you live also.

TOYSOLDIER_

this game is highly addictive. kinda late to quit it now
    i dont wana reapeat wat other people say, but having good grades doesnt mean that those school will accept u 100%
    Ohhh noes! Lutz made me realise i wasted my life on dumb things

I always knew i shouldn't have spent so many years of my life reading Harry Potter, now the last book is out and it sucks!

All these years i couldn't think of anything else then Harry.. and how i could possibly make my way to Hogwarts.

And then BAM J.K fookin Rowlings just smash aways all my dreams with this last book and i'm like so sad right now.
    Think about it people don't waste your life on dumb things and be a man like Lutz and I![/b]
    ummm lol? h34r:

PSYK0SIN

GL
    your a very intelligent man i dont think youl have any problems just believe in your self

Vyper

OMG, I laughed so hard when I read this! I remember him on Vent saying in such a serious manner, "Okay I've got to get to work". :P

Anyways, I went to Cal Berkeley, my best friend in high school got into Stanford. I was pretty devastated. I took the same attitude as Lutz and strove to do my best while I was at Cal, always feeling a little remorse at not getting into "The Farm". I'm now doing very well both socially and financially. Life is a journey and not a destination. My friend kinda developed an attitude that everything was owed to him, maybe because he did get into Stanford. So getting into Stanford doesn't guarantee you anything. Hard work will...

Good luck in life and make the best of wherever you end up!

oh shut up! You worked at wendy's. what is there to ruin!?[/b]

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

My friends brother got into stanford last year. He had 4.0's through high school and was on the varsity basketball team, that was about it...

good luck in whatever you want to do, don't regret what you did in the past, just learn from it, and since you had fun with ko then it wasn't totally waste, you have rights to enjoy your time also

Record

Good Post lutz, made me think, reflect, and react.

Also, we do seek happiness, but more so we seek Fulfillment.

There is a thing calleda blueprint, which was what we had have standards for everything in our life, when we fulfill it, that is when we succeed.

I lol'd at babybash

Ripper_of_romania

wtf I'm surrounded by nerds and high-grades people :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

If an 8~8.9 mark is something to cry about serious guys get out of ur basement. School helps with absolutely nothing .

I for one don't study at all maths,chemistry,physics,computer science because they are a waste of my life.

If I don't want to work abroad,school is a total waste

School and education are overrated -_-

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast