Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Knight Online, and video games in General

This is a discussion on Knight Online, and video games in General within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I now work for Tech Support for an undisclosed Internet Service Provider[/b] aka answer the phone or be a KO ...
Page: 9

mammlea2

I now work for Tech Support for an undisclosed Internet Service Provider[/b]
    aka answer the phone or be a KO CSR.

It really sux that u didnt make it into whatever university u wanted to, because i personally know how it feels. Im almoust 20 years old now, just finished high school and had same problem as many KO players. I barely finished HS, basicaly like 4 professors gave me passing marks and its all cause of KO. I basicaly stoped giving shit bout education some 3 years ago, and ever since i had this attude that school is a place where ure ought to spend some time every day and its just a way it works. What really used to kill mood for me was not the stuff that we used to learn in school, but the sheer time that u get to spend every day there > 7 X 45 mins + time between classes every day 5 days per week...

So after i finally finished high school i couldnt basicaly get into any state university and i felt really bad about it, it was like a shock. But then i googled a bit and found myself a private unversity 5 mins from where i live, like 2K euros a year and u get a certificate of Paris Sorbonne university. Right now im having the best time of my life, university is like a joke compaired to high school, i spend in one week same time there as i used to spend in just one day back in school. God bless my third world country's education system!

Anyways im sure ure gonna find something that will work out for ya, good luck.

+1

Played KO while in HS.
    I thank KO because of that, it shaped my life aswell as establishin very good contacts worldwide.
    I dont regret it, i met amazing people in Ares in NN, Polish, Germans all of it. They helped shape who i've become.
    I learn nothing in school, total waste of my time. Its what you do outside that counts. I have a 4-figure a day income.[/b]
    I smell BS here

I smell BS here[/b]
    why did you even quote his post? everyone is just ignoring his point, since he always talks dumb bs. :X

Havoc2

Lutz, go into the Marines. Its what im doing =) I have a D in nearly every class except 1 which I have an A in, and I still get to go! You don't even have to go into the infantry do computer shit there. I'm going into recon sniping but none the less its a 24 grand a year paycheck after 5 months. And everything on-base is tax free!

The DON Senior Member Raekpacman's Avatar

I pretty much LOL'd at this. So many people have it worse than you.

the_man_slayer

in uk its hard for uni grad's to get a job cos their all saying that you need experience, a peice of paper doesnt mean much :X

Wow...This is so true,maybe I should stop :|

Psy

YOU IMBECILES!!! HE IS CONDUCTING A PSYCHOLOGY EXPERIMENT!!!

STOP GIVING HIM STUFF TO WRITE ABOUT!

ISeeYouPee

by luts..i was thinking about this and i dont know , school is so boring i just want my college to go by but anyways gaming is fun and i dont know what i would do with out it. i mean i love playing ko anyways ya ill take it easy . cu later bro gl in life

Lutz, go into the Marines. Its what im doing =) I have a D in nearly every class except 1 which I have an A in, and I still get to go! You don't even have to go into the infantry do computer shit there. I'm going into recon sniping but none the less its a 24 grand a year paycheck after 5 months. And everything on-base is tax free![/b]
    24grand a year u call that good? LOL

by luts..i was thinking about this and i dont know , school is so boring i just want my college to go by but anyways gaming is fun and i dont know what i would do with out it. i mean i love playing ko anyways ya ill take it easy . cu later bro gl in life
    24grand a year u call that good? LOL[/b]
    You can always be a video game designer or work @ K2?o.o
    Yeah,24grand a year is terrible.That won't do anything.Crap car,not enough food,not enough to get what you want or your child wants.Basically,military are for failures.

I have a 4-figure a day income.[/b]
    $20.50 per day in mcdonalds? nothing to shout about.

I quit KO when i felt the time was right, not when i was forced into it for some RL reason. If you let the game control you then, as eric said, it is your fault. Personally, I think you have to be a total moron or a masochist to continue playing KO nowadays.

You can always be a video game designer or work @ K2?o.o
    Yeah,24grand a year is terrible.That won't do anything.Crap car,not enough food,not enough to get what you want or your child wants.Basically,military are for failures.[/b]

Actually it's not. People in the Military make decent money. Especially when they first start. They live on Base, so free housing, the Military pays for utilities, so no bills, the Chow Hall is cheap, so food isn't a problem. Basically, you pocket a LOT of the money you're making, so if you're smart, it's no problem to have a decent car, etc. Also, everything on Base is tax-free, so thats another plus.

Having said that, I wouldn't be going into the Military anytime soon. I actually plan on becoming a doctor, neurologist specifically.

Anyway, back on topic; Sorry for the rejection Lutz. I do however, know how you feel, as KO did the same thing my Freshman year. Luckily for me though I suppose, I realized it early on and simply quit KO. Also, for people who are saying that Lutz is simply blaming KO for his not getting into Stanford, honestly I think that's crap. It seems like to me that he is, rather than blaming, warning people here. He's seen first-hand what can happen if you let a game run your life and let's be honest, Lutz is probably one of the hardest workers that anyone who knows him has met. Imagine if this was just a regular kid, but instead of Stanford, he'd be rejected to everything he applied for. Think of this as one of the "Horrors of the Online Video Game".

My 2 cents.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Actually it's not. People in the Military make decent money. Especially when they first start. They live on Base, so free housing, the Military pays for utilities, so no bills, the Chow Hall is cheap, so food isn't a problem. Basically, you pocket a LOT of the money you're making, so if you're smart, it's no problem to have a decent car, etc. Also, everything on Base is tax-free, so thats another plus.

Having said that, I wouldn't be going into the Military anytime soon. I actually plan on becoming a doctor, neurologist specifically.

Anyway, back on topic; Sorry for the rejection Lutz. I do however, know how you feel, as KO did the same thing my Freshman year. Luckily for me though I suppose, I realized it early on and simply quit KO. Also, for people who are saying that Lutz is simply blaming KO for his not getting into Stanford, honestly I think that's crap. It seems like to me that he is, rather than blaming, warning people here. He's seen first-hand what can happen if you let a game run your life and let's be honest, Lutz is probably one of the hardest workers that anyone who knows him has met. Imagine if this was just a regular kid, but instead of Stanford, he'd be rejected to everything he applied for. Think of this as one of the "Horrors of the Online Video Game".

My 2 cents.[/b]
    Warning noticed and took, limiting myself to 2-3 hours a day, mainly merchant Need to study for finals that start on Wednesday >_<

Centurian

So you fuck up your education because you have no self control? Welcome to the real world. It just happens to be specific that your poison was a video game, others suffer from issues that affects their life and education just like you, but dont sit here and preach about fucking poor me and take the fun away for everyone else.

Other people can balance KO and work and study and family and many other things. Maybe you&#39;re just a born loser destined for failure, and you need something to blame it on?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast