Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

knightonlineworld petition

This is a discussion on knightonlineworld petition within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; asia is reddish-orange...
Page: 2

Psy

asia is reddish-orange

DisillusionedIdealogue

close enough lol :P

idefix

this will never work out u know why? becoz no turks = servers empty = no1 needs prem = k2 doesnt get money.
    k2 doesnt get money = k2 doesnt get gm's there = non turks will start haxing too = server will be sheit.
    k2 doesnt get money = servers dont get maintenance = servers lag like hell = no1 likes to be there.

xD otherwise nice idea but k2 wont give a shit about the topic imo...

Psy

No turks = room for other players
    No turks = less ksing
    No turks = a lot of other things

DisillusionedIdealogue

Originally posted by idefix
    this will never work out u know why? becoz no turks = servers empty = no1 needs prem = k2 doesnt get money.
    k2 doesnt get money = k2 doesnt get gm's there = non turks will start haxing too = server will be sheit.
    k2 doesnt get money = servers dont get maintenance = servers lag like hell = no1 likes to be there. *

i agree except that you think k2 has active gms atm (HAH! good one, bro), and also that you think non turks dont hack (also funny)

Proximus

Originally posted by DisillusionedIdealogue+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DisillusionedIdealogue)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix
    k2 doesnt get money = servers dont get maintenance = servers lag like hell = no1 likes to be there. *

i agree except that you think k2 has active gms atm (HAH! good one, bro), and also that you think non turks dont hack (also funny)[/b]
    :lol:

idefix

Originally posted by DisillusionedIdealogue+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DisillusionedIdealogue)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix

i agree except that you think k2 has active gms atm (HAH! good one, bro), and also that you think non turks dont hack (also funny)[/b]
    well there are non turks who hax, or atleast would hax, if there were NO gms on the server. also i didnt say gms nowadays are active, but there atleast ARE some...

DisillusionedIdealogue

Originally posted by idefix+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(idefix)</div>
    Originally posted by DisillusionedIdealogue@
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix

i agree except that you think k2 has active gms atm (HAH! good one, bro), and also that you think non turks dont hack (also funny)
    well there are non turks who hax, or atleast would hax, if there were NO gms on the server. also i didnt say gms nowadays are active, but there atleast ARE some...[/b]
    sure, if you look hard enough you'll find active gms, but if you look hard enough you may also find a gay republican :lol:

Foretold

Wrong.

In order for this to work, you must think past the present day server conditions. Take a look at the majority of players and where they are from, and also why they continue to play. As most of us know, the majority consists of mainly people from Turkey or in that relative area. Why? Because other Turks play this game, so Knight Online has somehow created an environment where Turkish people can play with their own nationality.

Well what does this mean?
    It means that if a server was created being primarily English (North American, whatever), the population of American speaking people would gradually increase due to the environment of the server. In other words, if an English person was to start playing now, he would find a server packed full of foreigners, and nobody that speaks English. Who the hell would want to stay in that.. So that person who is an English player was just driven from a game with potential due to the overwhelming number of foreign players. If the server was English, then that person would perhaps stay, thus the gradual increase of American players on that one server.

So stop saying that there will be empty servers, and that there will be nobody playing. Yes, there may be nobody playing at first, but it wouldn't be surprising to see how many of the original players come back to play, and also how many more players would actually STAY once they started a new character, seeing as there is no foreign environment and a relatively nice place where that person can play and speak English.

So, that pretty much nullifies the whole "Economically Unsound" argument, and the "Nobody will play" bullshit. If anything, it would perhaps make MORE sense seeing as the players who would continue to play on the server would be primarily from North America, and there would be less problems with money transactions, and less corruption in general. If hacks were released EVERYONE would have access to them, seeing as everyone speaks English, so it would be beneficial for K2 networks as they could figure out the hacks, and patch them more efficiently and quickly.

Think outside of the box. It's really not a bad idea...

idefix

Originally posted by Foretold+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Foretold)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix

Wrong.

In order for this to work, you must think past the present day server conditions. Take a look at the majority of players and where they are from, and also why they continue to play. As most of us know, the majority consists of mainly people from Turkey or in that relative area. Why? Because other Turks play this game, so Knight Online has somehow created an environment where Turkish people can play with their own nationality.

It means that if a server was created being primarily English (North American, whatever), the population of American speaking people would gradually increase due to the environment of the server. In other words, if an English person was to start playing now, he would find a server packed full of foreigners, and nobody that speaks English. Who the hell would want to stay in that.. So that person who is an English player was just driven from a game with potential due to the overwhelming number of foreign players. If the server was English, then that person would perhaps stay, thus the gradual increase of American players on that one server.

So stop saying that there will be empty servers, and that there will be nobody playing. Yes, there may be nobody playing at first, but it wouldn't be surprising to see how many of the original players come back to play, and also how many more players would actually STAY once they started a new character, seeing as there is no foreign environment and a relatively nice place where that person can play and speak English.

So, that pretty much nullifies the whole "Economically Unsound" argument, and the "Nobody will play" bullshit. If anything, it would perhaps make MORE sense seeing as the players who would continue to play on the server would be primarily from North America, and there would be less problems with money transactions, and less corruption in general. If hacks were released EVERYONE would have access to them, seeing as everyone speaks English, so it would be beneficial for K2 networks as they could figure out the hacks, and patch them more efficiently and quickly.

Think outside of the box. It's really not a bad idea...[/b]
    read the whole bullshit, im sorry for u that u had to write that long bullshit, but the thing is that nearly all north americans and english people already have 60+, and some even 70+, and some even lvl 80! who the fuck would start a lvl 1 char on some new server when they got a lvl 60-80 on an old server? theres lots of english talking ppl there too, people have adapted to the environment, and it is fun to play. sometimes we are having a blast at some nab turks stupidness, and makes the environment sometimes nicer. and yes, k2 would get less money, since even all players would go to the new server, the old srevers wouldnt be that full, so turks wouldnt have to buy prem to login, nor would the english speaking people. now if k2 would enable this server change scroll and make it cost 30 or 40$, then this would be a great idea for them, but i dont think they will introduce such PUS item. so as i said, i dont think that many will go to the english only server, even if they would do it. and do u rly think k2 gives a shit about anything else except money? only reason they make new servers is to get more money, so when servers start to get full every day, they will make a new server so more people can play the game basically. making a new server that wouldnt contain any turks would NOT make the server full ever, not even 80% full most of the time, so no1 would really have to buy premium unless they want to ofcourse... but ofc ppl dont buy prem ONLY to get to login, but thats a part of the reason.

DisillusionedIdealogue

Originally posted by idefix+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(idefix)</div>
    Originally posted by Foretold@
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix

Wrong.

Think outside of the box. It's really not a bad idea...
    read the whole bullshit, im sorry for u that u had to write that long bullshit, but the thing is that nearly all north americans and english people already have 60+, and some even 70+, and some even lvl 80! who the fuck would start a lvl 1 char on some new server when they got a lvl 60-80 on an old server? theres lots of english talking ppl there too, people have adapted to the environment, and it is fun to play. sometimes we are having a blast at some nab turks stupidness, and makes the environment sometimes nicer. and yes, k2 would get less money, since even all players would go to the new server, the old srevers wouldnt be that full, so turks wouldnt have to buy prem to login, nor would the english speaking people. now if k2 would enable this server change scroll and make it cost 30 or 40$, then this would be a great idea for them, but i dont think they will introduce such PUS item. so as i said, i dont think that many will go to the english only server, even if they would do it. and do u rly think k2 gives a shit about anything else except money? only reason they make new servers is to get more money, so when servers start to get full every day, they will make a new server so more people can play the game basically. making a new server that wouldnt contain any turks would NOT make the server full ever, not even 80% full most of the time, so no1 would really have to buy premium unless they want to ofcourse... but ofc ppl dont buy prem ONLY to get to login, but thats a part of the reason.[/b]
    :blink: hmm.. someone else who agrees with me on something? :blink: must be a mirage h43r:

thanks for saving me the trouble of reading all that btw :P

Foretold

read the whole bullshit, im sorry for u that u had to write that long bullshit, but the thing is that nearly all north americans and english people already have 60+, and some even 70+, and some even lvl 80! who the fuck would start a lvl 1 char on some new server when they got a lvl 60-80 on an old server? theres lots of english talking ppl there too, people have adapted to the environment, and it is fun to play. sometimes we are having a blast at some nab turks stupidness, and makes the environment sometimes nicer. and yes, k2 would get less money, since even all players would go to the new server, the old srevers wouldnt be that full, so turks wouldnt have to buy prem to login, nor would the english speaking people. now if k2 would enable this server change scroll and make it cost 30 or 40$, then this would be a great idea for them, but i dont think they will introduce such PUS item. so as i said, i dont think that many will go to the english only server, even if they would do it. and do u rly think k2 gives a shit about anything else except money? only reason they make new servers is to get more money, so when servers start to get full every day, they will make a new server so more people can play the game basically. making a new server that wouldnt contain any turks would NOT make the server full ever, not even 80% full most of the time, so no1 would really have to buy premium unless they want to ofcourse... but ofc ppl dont buy prem ONLY to get to login, but thats a part of the reason.
    You're missing my point. If you've ever been on the server at about 7pm EST, you might see a few people playing who are level 1, that are English, and never have played this game before. They think it's a fun game, so they continue to play as they see nothing wrong with it. So they logout, and bam they connect the next day at say, 10am EST, and would you look at that, no English people in sight... They think that's pretty asinine so they quit, and move on to another game.

It's these people that K2 needs to market to, not necessarily the old players. Also, when I first started off on KO, I didn't quit because there were people playing who were 30x better than me. No, If anything that made me want to continue to play to be equally as good as them.

If there was an English-only server, the amount of English people that would play it would continue to rise, just as the Turkish population on KO continues to rise.

DisillusionedIdealogue

erm... the population of the earth in general continues to grow.. so whats your point? :unsure:

Foretold

Originally posted by DisillusionedIdealogue
    erm... the population of the earth in general continues to grow.. so whats your point? *:unsure:
    Your main argument is that K2 would be losing money. They wouldn't lose any money. The servers would have a steady increase of English speaking people because of the English environment. The only reason why that isn't happening now is because of the mass population of Turks within each server.

And the reason why all English people are levels 60+ is because when the server was actually fun to start off on (when there was actually some sort of English community), was back when everyone was a noob and being a noob was indeed enjoyable.

If you still don't see what I'm saying, go study microeconomics/macroeconomics or something... It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

DisillusionedIdealogue

well, i have to disagree with you right off the bat. for me the english community has nothing to do with the reason i got to lvl 60+, as I started of in a Peruvian clan (La_Arena, which i loved), and moved through some crappy english clans, leveled some more in HISPANIA (three guesses on their ethnicity, another cool clan) found two decent english clans (thechosenfew and celestialwards, although i didnt play with either of them much, but they were cool). most of my leveling i did with either random turk/non-turk apos parties or with my hispanic friends. and i doubt my case is unique in that i had little to do with the "english community" and yet somehow enjoyed the game h43r:

and your argument is tantamount to "k2 can sit on their ass waiting for the community grow and make more money" (which seems to be their current strategy). and its absolutely true, this is where my comment about the world population comes in, its a no brainer that the ko community keeps expanding as time progressing, if they opened a new server and more people joined the game it takes an idiot to attribute the latter solely to the former (pardon my french..). that would be like opening more porn shops in the US and claiming the increasing population is due to an increase in porn shops. :rollseyes:

so in the end, i ask again, what's your point? (get a better one :lol: )

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast