Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Is KO dying ?

This is a discussion on Is KO dying ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey. I wonder is ko dying? 1. Its obvious that K2 makes new servers coz no1 new wants to play ...
Page: 1

Kiler666

Hey.
    I wonder is ko dying?

1. Its obvious that K2 makes new servers coz no1 new wants to play in older servers.
    2. They delete 3rd's servers coz of absence of existing players.
    3. What will be next ? Merge existing server like Ares with Diez, Xigeon with what ever.... and so on ??

Such steps were in other companies which already have died.

How long do u think ko will stay ??

My vote 2yrs.

ghagar18

Hey.
    I wonder is ko dying?

1. Its obvious that K2 makes new servers coz no1 new wants to play in older servers.
    3. What will be next ? Merge existing server like Ares with Diez, Xigeon with what ever.... and so on ??

My vote 2yrs.[/b]
    I belive it will last much longer then that. KO does start to die out but K2 is always lucky enough to throw on another expansion before it does to give players something new to look forward to. Removal of 3rd servers was merly a business strategy to earn more revenue. They will add new servers before they merging existing ones. What ever happened to intersever wars???

KO will die when turks will die ( not mean die in RL , i mean the fun will die for them or for other players ) and then k2 not gonne earn money and they will losse money every month , if they keep get huge money , they not gonne stop it.

Sweet , interserver was months agos , not year ago , a bit less , Ares won , was good fight vs Girakon , they lost becuse they used bug abuse.
    Hopefully this year its will be again.

sexy Owa

i personally believe k2 deleted the 3rd servers in an act of wanting more profits, possably for the release or development of another game, less servers, more premium k2 has always been about money. but to answer your question KO has been dying sence ke, when the game started becoming much more item relient, koxp run's without k2 trying even a tiny bit to stop it. customer service has always been shit, they care about money and not their customers, so in that perspecting ko will be dying, they will release new items, new servers, new zones, but nothing new when it comes to them caring about who they host this game for. USKO is dead, TRko has a bit longer to go, but yeh its dying

I doubt if KO is actually not at begining , K2 getting huge money every month , no way they lossing money , this game not going to over in the new 1-2 years , but well its k2 , and its future , nobody dont know what the future gonne be , so just wait.

St0neColdKill3r

koxp run's without k2 trying even a tiny bit to stop it.[/b]
    Hmm pretty sure koxp is pretty damn well dead.

Don't see this game dying anytime soon. For some players who miss the old times/players sure they move on, and some with legitimate grips but also some who the game has either passed by or they have bigger priorities. Certain times of day the servers are pretty empty but ppl have to sleep and or work sometimes right? Dupe has been gone for the most part for a long period of time aswell as koxp not being affective for higher lvl chars, so there are many things that draw ppl back to this game atm. Be interesting to see how it does play out in 08 though.

Hey.
    I wonder is ko dying?

My vote 2yrs.[/b]
    K2 makes so much money when they launch new servers, there's some 30000 (just pulled this amount out of my ass don't know how much) people paying for gold premium in the first 2 months or so. Trying to get to 70 the fastest, items and crap. When the newer server becomes vacant they release another one to pull in more revenue.

And they deleted the third servers to make more money. I would do the same thing if they weren't necessary. How many people eon average were on server 2 and 3? 50? Costs money to keep the server up, but for 50 people is a waste and they can just go to the second server and still have no problems of doing anything. Thus was removed. That's what I think anyway, they could have spilled coffee on all of them, broke them and had to say they were removing them to hide their embarrassment for all I know.

sexy Owa

Hmm pretty sure koxp is pretty damn well dead.

Don't see this game dying anytime soon. For some players who miss the old times/players sure they move on, and some with legitimate grips but also some who the game has either passed by or they have bigger priorities. Certain times of day the servers are pretty empty but ppl have to sleep and or work sometimes right? Dupe has been gone for the most part for a long period of time aswell as koxp not being affective for higher lvl chars, so there are many things that draw ppl back to this game atm. Be interesting to see how it does play out in 08 though.[/b]
    dead only means they have yet to crack the code or whatever to have it re released koxp will never die so long as k2 sticks with cheap protection on their game and even worst customer service. thats all im saying they do on the other hand make it difficult for a koxper to have a consecutive run with the program usually pop's up and gets shut down within a few weeks to a month :/

tamarama

People have suggested that KO is dying since before I started playing.

Is the game dying? Define it.

Do less people play? Define people. If you mean "English speaking people who make sense when they speak English" then, *YES* less people are playing. If you mean, "Do actual fewer numbers of people play?" Then technically, "YES" again because there was a time when you could not log on to d1/d2 OR the now-dead D3 without getting "Server is full, kthxbb" before they put the 80% rule in place. Now non-prems can log on more-or-less anytime if they're patient enough.

I would say it's at the top of a very looooooooooonng downhill plunge. I doubt they'll gain real quitting momentum--but doubt it not, if they approach the "KO is not profitable" margin, the game will be gone before you can snap your fingers.

The only 1 thing i really scard is , when k2 have full server in thier list , i really really hope they not going to start delete oldest servers , i mean they will delete Ares for new server , becuse then , nobody will not going to play there ( the old people from Ares with good items ).

Damn when i thinking about it , i doubt if they not going to do it , k2 oh k2...

TwistTheKnife

You know, everyone says k2 got rid of the third server to make more money. I dont beleive this is true. All they would have to do is make the premium cut off less. In other words, say hypothetically once the server reaches 700 people online, premium is required to join. They would just change it to where once 400 people are online premium is required. They wouldnt have to wipe out a server to accomplish this. Some servers truly are dying in population, it was k2's theory at removing a server would force the population that would be on server 3, to the other 2 server's. Think about it ^_^

You know, everyone says k2 got rid of the third server to make more money. I dont beleive this is true. All they would have to do is make the premium cut off less. In other words, say hypothetically once the server reaches 700 people online, premium is required to join. They would just change it to where once 400 people are online premium is required. They wouldnt have to wipe out a server to accomplish this. Some servers truly are dying in population, it was k2's theory at removing a server would force the population that would be on server 3, to the other 2 server's. Think about it ^_^[/b]
    Yeah but we all know K2's about money and thus found a way to take advantage of older server population decreases. And so the idea to cut server 3 was born.

sexy Owa

You know, everyone says k2 got rid of the third server to make more money. I dont beleive this is true. All they would have to do is make the premium cut off less. In other words, say hypothetically once the server reaches 700 people online, premium is required to join. They would just change it to where once 400 people are online premium is required. They wouldnt have to wipe out a server to accomplish this. Some servers truly are dying in population, it was k2's theory at removing a server would force the population that would be on server 3, to the other 2 server's. Think about it ^_^[/b]
    k2 cant fix a problem without causing another let alone setting more strict premium requirements for the server entry >.< might end up missing a few servers. they got rid of valk&#39;s and replaced them with gryphons, for money. just the same way as they removed a server its not word on the street most people believe they deleted the server because of population changes from spreading onto new servers >.< k2 is all about cash :S thats just how they are

The only 1 thing i really scard is , when k2 have full server in thier list , i really really hope they not going to start delete oldest servers , i mean they will delete Ares for new server , becuse then , nobody will not going to play there ( the old people from Ares with good items ).

Damn when i thinking about it , i doubt if they not going to do it , k2 oh k2...[/b]
    Please some1 , you think k2 gonne do it?
    Or they will just have longer list of servers ?

like moste ppl wil say k2 lifes in the past whare evryboddy wos buyabel with low 3d images and shit
    there alot bether games now and the shud know that the only thing thats keeping them alive is the pvp (combo)
    i wil say k2 get 2 years for english players the turks are unknown

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast