Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is KO a game or an addiciton? :D

This is a discussion on Is KO a game or an addiciton? :D within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; but i cant resist loggin on and setting up a merchant :P[/b] Roflinmycopter!...
Page: 4

Banned

but i cant resist loggin on and setting up a merchant :P[/b]

Roflinmycopter!

KillKnight

Angry

100% addiction :S
    coz if u start play cant stop :S
    I play this game 5 years

smknguns

id say its an addiction... all the money and time we put in this game where we still have to deal with hackers, and i cant stop

Banned Senior Member

Drug , its easier to stop use heroin then to stop play a fucking KO ... thx god im clean like 5-6 months god punish ppl who made this game xD

Ezquerra

Drug , its easier to stop use heroin then to stop play a fucking KO ... thx god im clean like 5-6 months god punish ppl who made this game xD[/b]
    amen

oO Jc Oo

for me it was a addiction
    and now for 2-3 months a game

i let a frend play my account so it is used[/b]

:wub:

gayzor

spyrskara

Drug , its easier to stop use heroin then to stop play a fucking KO ... thx god im clean like 5-6 months god punish ppl who made this game xD[/b]
    100% true :lol:

come back to ares baba

btw its both

Xtr3m3

For some reason KO is addictive....you quit but sooner or later you come back lol that means you are still kind of addictive to the game...I quit...I come back...I quit...I come back...and that is how it goes with me h34r:

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

In everything you do in life, your brain reacts. It releases and creates chemicals, such as dopamine and seratonin, 24/7. It never stops working. When doing certain activities, gambling, athletics, video games, your brain releases these chemicals. Almost anything can become addictive, for example, emos who cut themselves are often addicted to the reaction the brain has after the cut. The more you expose yourself to these reactions, the more your brain and body overall need the chemicals. Which is why some activities such as video games and gambling can cause addictive behaviors, like drugs as many of you say. Also it can cause harm to the brain overall.

Drugs are just an artificial way to cause these releases of chemicals to the body. Except for they ussually incite a greater, and more harmful reaction than by non-chemical inducing means (gambling, video games, atheletics) . For example, drugs like meth, cocaine, speed, etc. causes large releases of dopamine in the brain, as well as greater manufacturing of the chemical, giving you that high feeling. Also drugs used for depression, ADD, OCD, and etc. also cause this increased dopamine levels, and release of the chemicals, which is why you see people getting addicted to speed after taking shit like Adderall for their ADD.

Since you release so much of those chemicals, especially with drugs, it requires your brain to make more, and ussually without that drug, or playing video games etc. your brain cant create enough to satisfy itself, and it incites you to play, or abuse more so you can have that high. Often when not on that high, people can feel depressed, weak, or a variety of other symptoms.

So yes, over-playing KO can cause an addiction because your body grows accustom to that chemical reaction. I'd say much less than cocaine or most other domestic drugs, but an addiction nonetheless.

The problem with KO, is that to have fun playing it, the pk etc. requires alot of work, playing time, to maintain that ability. Most people will tell you KO is not fun if your playing for an hour a day, and your lvl 4x, 5x, 6x without gear. So to get to lvl 70+ and decent equipment status, you need to play for longer periods of time, and playing for longer extended periods of time increases the chance of you becoming addicted. The people who play console or non-online games, that don't require 1000s of hours of playing time to be highest lvl, highest geared, won't get addicted to that particular game, as many do to KO.

Banned

Heres my story.

I was easily addicted to this, i let it affect my school grades, and I stole from my sister. She let me use click & buy once for Bronze premium, one night..i brought 4000KC with her card next day i brought Gold Premium. My mum took the laptop off me after 12:00am but I used to sneak downstairs to get it, play until 4am and that would be the earliest I went to bed. I was skiving school to play KO, I was being tutored after school hours to make up for my hours being late for work (Obviously because I couldn't get up for school on days I stayed up so late) I would regularly fall asleep in lessons such as Geography and Science.

Knight Online is pretty addictive, I can't even remember now why I got addicted, what the thing is that makes me want to play so bad.

I was so addicted, I never went out, the only reason I came off the game was for my Girlfriend. I lost a total sense in going out with friends, thank god I got to grips before I lost my friends and my girlfriend caught on.

It's a mind crazy game...

Xtr3m3

^^WTF! That is pretty fuck up XD

That is a Hall of Fame story XD

Also I notice when I play KO my grades go down h34r: I really don't know why...

Both?

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

^^WTF! That is pretty fuck up XD

That is a Hall of Fame story XD

Also I notice when I play KO my grades go down h34r: I really don't know why...[/b]
    because you dont do homework? dont pay attention in class because ur thinking about what if i upgrade this, trade that, my gear will be this? Or even dont go to class? lol

Sadly I too am guilty of skipping school before, not completely to play KO... but while I wasn't in school I was playing it so... yeah.

/wrists.

Game is addicting. I'm a competitor, and that got to me when i used to play this shit like crazy. I wanted to be the best and I would spend hours trying to keep up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast