Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

KO needs a Colisseum

This is a discussion on KO needs a Colisseum within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; It would work like this . . . As a combatant ---an indivual or party leader---I could put up some ...
Page: 1

Auria

Default KO needs a Colisseum

It would work like this . . .

As a combatant---an indivual or party leader---I could put up some amount of coins and challenge any other individual or party leader from either nation into a Colisseum battle. If the challenge is accepted, the opponent puts up the same amount of coins and we are transported into the Colisseum as spectators to await our turn to fight.

As a spectator, I can enter the Colisseum and place bets on any upcoming battle up until it starts. I should be able to see a list of the upcoming battles and who is on each team.

Battles take place in sequence. When it's a particular teams turn to battle, they are transported to the combat floor, given 30 sec to prep, and then combat begins. Spectators can only watch and cannot enter the combat area. When you die, you are dead. You cannot respawn to rejoin the battle. First side with all combatants dead is the loser. There should be a time limit on the outcome of a battle, maybe 10 minutes, in the event of stalemates.

Winning combatants receive their own money back plus the money that was put up by the opposition. (So basically doubles the money you risked.)

Winning bets are paid out of the betting pool based on each individual's percent contribution to the winning team's betting pool. Combatants should be allowed to place bets on their own matches in addition to the money they put up for the match initially.

Rankings could be maintained to make it much more interesting. Perhaps the top 3 Colisseum leaders could get a special symbol similar to the NPS symbol, or some other benefits.

I believe something like this would be a wildly popular enhancement to the current PvP system. It takes the PvP challenge system to a new level, and offers players the chance to make money (and settle scores) at the same time.

I'm a software engineer with some game design experience, so I realize it would take some work to be sure that the system was fair and not subject to abuse, but I believe it's doable and that the basic idea is sound. Any KO developers out there listening?

Comments on the idea?

Cadence96

Default Re: KO needs a Colisseum

Originally posted by Auria
    Comments on the idea?
    Yesss!!!!.... the losers must be eaten by lionsssssss

Gamre83x

i second the idea

Cadence96

Default Re: KO needs a Colisseum

Originally posted by Auria+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auria)</div>
    Rankings could be maintained to make it much more interesting. Perhaps the top 3 Colisseum leaders could get a special symbol similar to the NPS symbol, or some other benefits.

I believe something like this would be a wildly popular enhancement to the current PvP system. It takes the PvP challenge system to a new level, and offers players the chance to make money (and settle scores) at the same time.

I'm a software engineer with some game design experience, so I realize it would take some work to be sure that the system was fair and not subject to abuse, but I believe it's doable and that the basic idea is sound. Any KO developers out there listening?

Comments on the idea?[/b]
    mmm... I don't get it.... I can imagine how ppl would fix the results just to make easy gold.... like irl :lol:
    nothing like arena ;D

<!--QuoteBegin-Auria

Any KO developers out there listening?

(sleeping)

SaintSilvia

hey thats a great idea bro......... think that everone shoutin ur name in colliseum arena... perfect idea+11111111111111

Flonne

nice idea
    id add a 1v1 arena too not just 8v8 ^_^

I dont think any mgames developers frequent this forum. They are too busy reading C++ for dummies. Nice idea though

flamthrow

Have you by any chance played the really old myko cos thats like the exact same thing they used to have

oldschool arena :wub:

lolior

i think myko had it few years ago or im confusing with another game..
    u would enter some menu and u see rooms with a coins bet and if u enter the room u lose this amount everytime u die

NightOwl

one of the best ideas I have ever heard. Dude, u should be assigned responsible for the whole KO management. And I'm not kidding. In like 4 years they couldn't come up with anything half as brilliant.

BTW, I think there also should be a list of ppl waiting for a challenge outside the colliseum so u could go there, place ur wager and go do some other thing while u wait for someone to challenge u. Something like a pop up window saying "x is challenging u. He is a lvl Y class Z. Do u accept?" and if u accepted u would be teleported to the colliseum

mason_cro

Very good idea,as is any other idea that might actually make the game more fun / interesting. Props.

Chant

Auria for KO Developer.. cause KO developers atm sucks ass.. you shud replace the aurian.. nice thinking.. well i like the beting part... POKER anyone? you lose, you take off undies... :wub:

Browzer

nice idea, but i think it would be wildly abused
    for example N° 1 fights N° 2 and N° 3 is spectator
    N° 3 places a 50 million bet on N° 1 and gives N° 2 25 million if he loses.
    that way N° 3 makes 25 million free coins.

but nice idea tho if they make it happen im sure they'll figure out a way to stop people from abusing it.

+1

NightOwl

u just win ur money back and a percentage of the pot that other ppl betted... game doesn't generate coins to pay u. U just take a share of what other ppl betted... imagine, u bet 100M and pay 50M for 2 to lose... if someone betted on 2 1 coin, that's all u get. the funny part is making even matches so everyone places tons of bets on both side... something like F9Devil vs Krakatoa. both sides would have tons of bets, so, each side money pot would be full and would be distributed evenly for the betters of the winning side=no abuse.

flamthrow

Originally posted by lolior
    i think myko had it few years ago or im confusing with another game..
    u would enter some menu and u see rooms with a coins bet and if u enter the room u lose this amount everytime u die
    as i said earlier gay :wub:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast