Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

KO passes 10mil download mark download.com

This is a discussion on KO passes 10mil download mark download.com within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; umm... gratz?...
Page: 4

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

umm... gratz?

Trii

Wow what a bunch of drivel. 10 million DL's free or not is a ton. Just a company who draws that much attn just from one game, not including WR or other games is amazing, currently WR is getting double, almost triple the amount of KO DL's. There aren't 100 prem users on each server, that's such a lopsided thing to say that isn't substantiated by anything. You mean to tell me the top 10 clans on both orc and human side only have 5 prem customers each? Fuck man, you talk a lot of shit with nothing to back it up but some completely off topic examples that don't relate at all. You really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to web count, page visits, DL's etc. The fact that the company does such a crap job with CS and still is able to generate these numbers is amazing. You for some reason, are taking what I am saying as more than what it is. All I'm saying is that KO, just KO on DL.com passed 10mil DL's and yes, no matter what your shortsided thinking is, that is amazing. And you should read the annual reports by K2. It's a small company that is turning over huge profits and investing back in it's infrastructure. You can have them send an investors relations package and then maybe you won't compare it to music but just since you did bring it up, if a record sells a million copies that's considered a hit record and awarded as such. If you are going to make such non relating examples please know what you are talking about. And really, learn a little before you start throwing numbers around like you know something.[/b]
    pointless talking to someone with a I.Q. of less then 40 like yourself since you cant grasp the concept everyone here has already stated NUMEROUS times yet you just look past that

10 mill dl's in 4 years is nothing compared to the amount of actual playing people since many people have dl the game over 20 times....you blind that you didnt read that

and again the examples i give out are real life ones that apply to this situation and you blindly over look them thinking your word is god when in facts its a stupid concept your trying to preach

sorry what i find more amazing is that out of 10 mill dl's there are less then 1 mill players playing knight online

and really learn some common sense and stop acting like anyone gives a shit about 10 mill dl's from a crap company who steals from its customers

the prove how stupid ur theory is i will dl the game tonight 5 mill times and never even install it......wow amazing now its 15 mill dl's....wow what a accomplishment lol...u get the point yet dude or are you still clueless to the fact the real accomplishment would be to keep the 10 mill people who dl the game playing the game

oh god another essay contest...

pointless talking to someone with a I.Q. of less then 40 like yourself since you cant grasp the concept everyone here has already stated NUMEROUS times yet you just look past that

10 mill dl's in 4 years is nothing compared to the amount of actual playing people since many people have dl the game over 20 times....you blind that you didnt read that

and again the examples i give out are real life ones that apply to this situation and you blindly over look them thinking your word is god when in facts its a stupid concept your trying to preach

sorry what i find more amazing is that out of 10 mill dl's there are less then 1 mill players playing knight online

and really learn some common sense and stop acting like anyone gives a shit about 10 mill dl's from a crap company who steals from its customers

the prove how stupid ur theory is i will dl the game tonight 5 mill times and never even install it......wow amazing now its 15 mill dl's....wow what a accomplishment lol...u get the point yet dude or are you still clueless to the fact the real accomplishment would be to keep the 10 mill people who dl the game playing the game[/b]
    That's funny since it's 10 mil DL's since Sept 07 new patch. And you are wrong, 10 mil DL's is a ton and no there aren't 100 prem players on each server, as a matter of fact when servers are full during highest times, there can be upwards of 300k players on at one time every single day not including the busiest times when they run events etc. IQ? I'm stating the point that this is an accomplishment of 10 mil DL's for one site, and the point u are making is that they should have 10 mil prem players, the game sucks, you hate KO, 10 mil is nothing? That's neither here nor there, we're talking about one accomplishment. You are sour so you are just taking a negative point of view. If you were running a business and had 10mil potential customers in 6 months u would be ecstatic. I never said KO didn't need to work on their CS, so why are you using other points that have nothing to do with this topic, In an IQ test you would have a lower score because your points aren't valid, they are off topic and not backed by anything but opinion.

agendas

For all u skeptics who think k2 is going under KO is being dld almost 30k a week still, warrock even more...with all that profit you'd think they'd fix the dc, lag and get some better cust serv.[/b]
    And I guarantee the majority of those people have already quit. :lol:

TunaFishyMe

I been known ko was at 15m downloads. KO is almost big as WoW[/b]
    it dont think it matters how many people download...how many play concurrently is the read question.
    Games that are free will obviously have a big download. The number of players is the real question, which i doubt it can compare to WoW. Maybe in Turkey but definitely no where else.
    Just advertisement alone from Blizz wont give KO a chance.

Its amazing all the negative responses to just a simple post regarding the number of downloads. You all seem so bitter and dislike this game, why don't you guys all quit too since it's such an unpopular, shitty game. You don't like it, doesn't mean there are no customers. I think you would all be very surprised to see how much K2 is generating in gross income, you guys are wrong just go look at the numbers. Despite all your whinny remarks, the statistics are what they are, your opinions don't reflect what is actually happening and no amount of complaining is going to change it. Why is it that you can sell items in game for real USD? Because people are playing and the items have value to them. I don't like the CS K2 provides, don't like the scammers, hackers, etc. But that doesn't mean that the game itself is unpopular, 10 mil DL's since Sept. tell u otherwise.

Trii

Its amazing all the negative responses to just a simple post regarding the number of downloads. You all seem so bitter and dislike this game, why don't you guys all quit too since it's such an unpopular, shitty game. You don't like it, doesn't mean there are no customers. I think you would all be very surprised to see how much K2 is generating in gross income, you guys are wrong just go look at the numbers. Despite all your whinny remarks, the statistics are what they are, your opinions don't reflect what is actually happening and no amount of complaining is going to change it. Why is it that you can sell items in game for real USD? Because people are playing and the items have value to them. I don't like the CS K2 provides, don't like the scammers, hackers, etc. But that doesn't mean that the game itself is unpopular, 10 mil DL's since Sept. tell u otherwise.[/b]
    ? didnt you get the point most have QUIT lol .....your living in some fantasy world where 10 mill people are playing ko ROFL

anyways dude you dont seem to get the point and prob never will cause of 2 reasons

1. your just that stupid

2. you work for k2 and are there poster boy

anyways have a nice delusional life xD

? didnt you get the point most have QUIT lol .....your living in some fantasy world where 10 mill people are playing ko ROFL

anyways dude you dont seem to get the point and prob never will cause of 2 reasons

1. your just that stupid

2. you work for k2 and are there poster boy

anyways have a nice delusional life xD[/b]

Great points? Numbers baba, use realife numbers, not ur colorful opinions of me. How many people post in KO4Life (a community that is based around a game everyone quit? very astute! lol) How many people actually pay for pem? How many DL's of the game were DL'ed in the last 5 months from the 4-5 sites that you can load from? How many unique accounts are logged into everyday?

In actual fact, which is what I am using, K2 as a company is doing great numbers for their size and profit margins. Like I said before, not insulting you personally, but inviting u to learn the facts first so when you call me stupid, it isn't the kettle calling the pot black. If I wanted to just insult you because I was holding to point of view solely based on opinion, well that might just be what you're doing, so never mind. You've proven nothing but you can't backup your point with facts and have to resort to simpleminded insults. Learn the facts no one said 10 mil people were playing Mr. Youaresodelusional, did you read the other posts before your panties got all bunched up around your vagina?

Trii

Great points? Numbers baba, use realife numbers, not ur colorful opinions of me. How many people post in KO4Life (a community that is based around a game everyone quit? very astute! lol) How many people actually pay for pem? How many DL's of the game were DL'ed in the last 5 months from the 4-5 sites that you can load from? How many unique accounts are logged into everyday?

In actual fact, which is what I am using, K2 as a company is doing great numbers for their size and profit margins. Like I said before, not insulting you personally, but inviting u to learn the facts first so when you call me stupid, it isn't the kettle calling the pot black. If I wanted to just insult you because I was holding to point of view solely based on opinion, well that might just be what you're doing, so never mind. You've proven nothing but you can't backup your point with facts and have to resort to simpleminded insults. Learn the facts no one said 10 mil people were playing Mr. Youaresodelusional, did you read the other posts before your panties got all bunched up around your vagina?[/b]
    sorry i am russian ...insults are a form of friendliness xD

but you keep saying k2 is doing well cause of ko and that is a wrong statement....k2 does well cause of mu online and sword of the new world....that is why they are doing good...not cause of ko....ko has been declining in revenue for some time but it has not gone below there break even point so it will stay open

also you said its a accomplishment for 10 mill dls when its not considering how many people dl it and never install it or dl it and install it over 20 times

and people post on these forums not cause they play ko....simply cause its where all of us who quit ko still like to hang out like me.....i can pm my friends here and in other parts of these forums we are still conversing on other games......this is not just a ko forum

Havoc2

The only reason those downloads are so high is because Chinese players had to download usko to continue making $$ off of knightonline. That probably gave them an easy 6-8 million downloads. Of unpaying customers that will ruin the game.

1.5 million is probably from other countries other than the US
    .5million is probably from the US that uninstalled it after a month

Wow has over 5million active & paying US customers along with atleast 70 servers.
    KO has.. say 24 servers with 1000 players on each (thats being generous)
    600 of those dont / cant pay prem and never will

400 left
    200 pay bronze prem
    100 pay silver / gold
    100 pay gold / plat (at most)

thats per server, thats about the average profit of a fastfood restaurant, i just multiplied 400 x 26 to be nice = 10,400
    in a fastfood restaurant you can make between 400 (being slow) and 1400 (being busy) an hour
    10,400 x 24 = 249,600 a month from all the servers

a good fastfood restaurant, say arbys (used to work there) they make 15k - 20k a day
    you do the rest of the math i dont care, k2 is lost

sorry i am russian ...insults are a form of friendliness xD

but you keep saying k2 is doing well cause of ko and that is a wrong statement....k2 does well cause of mu online and sword of the new world....that is why they are doing good...not cause of ko....ko has been declining in revenue for some time but it has not gone below there break even point so it will stay open

also you said its a accomplishment for 10 mill dls when its not considering how many people dl it and never install it or dl it and install it over 20 times

and people post on these forums not cause they play ko....simply cause its where all of us who quit ko still like to hang out like me.....i can pm my friends here and in other parts of these forums we are still conversing on other games......this is not just a ko forum [/b]

I know that this is what you think but in actuality its not the truth. Remember KO, back in KE days, how many servers were there then? And now? I used to play with non prem only! Now you can barely get in at all with non prem. Did you know that on an average day KO has over 300k players on at any one time? This is average day, not it's busiest days and is its not the total number that logs in for the entire day. KO has turned a profit for K2, you're facts are incorrect, sorry.

There will always be people who quit after 3 years, 2 years, a day, etc. There will also be people who return. This forum is not just people who quit although many who post are just straight up bitter people. Why are items still able to be sold for USD ON EVERY SERVER??? Look at the market places here, look at the turkish forums where items are 20% higher. Why are the Chinese farming? Because there are people buying, period, otherwise they would go else where. You talk about logic, put aside ur negative "opinions" and use some urself (unbiased).

You may have a negative point of view on KO, like many people who quit and many current active players. But that, doesn't mean you are correct. 10 million DL's is an astronomical number of DLs in 5 months, it just is, sorry deal with it lol. Just don't start lying about what I am saying and twisting it, I never said K2 was a good company, I never said KO will go be good in the future or popular in the future, I never said 10 mil people are playing, I never said people don't quit, uninstall, install more than 1x etc, all I said is that K2 is currently doing well as a company (and I am not saying I dont think they suck because I do think their company is being run by a bunch of douche bags who dont give a flying fuck about their paying customers), and that 10 mil a ton of DL's. And those are just the facts. I have my issues with K2 but I do know good stats when I see them.

If you like to insult as a Russian, then let me say that you are one ass eating whiner with an IQ of small squirrel and I mean that in the most friendly Russian way.

Unbelievable.

Trii, Your "facts" are backed up by nothing but pure bullshit and biased opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. You must've been seriously bored or seriously got ur ass beat by ur boyfriend to come on a neutral thread like this and start flaming. I am not just acusing you of flaming like a majority of morons on this forum, but you are seriously providing us with the definition of flaming.

Rad is just telling the community about something surprising, and something that actually shows the slightest bit of success in this retarded company, and you are throwing your Russian poo in his face. I laugh at you.

Personally, I believe that 10 mil is a benchmark that has not been reached by many PC MMORPG's. Yes, people have DLed more than once, yes, ppl quit, yes ppl reinstall; but its not to spit on the integrity of a prestigious benchmark.

Wow. I guess in the future people who want to post something about K2's relative success need to write in Russian to avoid being flamed for no reason.

Trii

I know that this is what you think but in actuality its not the truth. Remember KO, back in KE days, how many servers were there then? And now? I used to play with non prem only! Now you can barely get in at all with non prem. Did you know that on an average day KO has over 300k players on at any one time? This is average day, not it's busiest days and is its not the total number that logs in for the entire day. KO has turned a profit for K2, you're facts are incorrect, sorry.

There will always be people who quit after 3 years, 2 years, a day, etc. There will also be people who return. This forum is not just people who quit although many who post are just straight up bitter people. Why are items still able to be sold for USD ON EVERY SERVER??? Look at the market places here, look at the turkish forums where items are 20% higher. Why are the Chinese farming? Because there are people buying, period, otherwise they would go else where. You talk about logic, put aside ur negative "opinions" and use some urself (unbiased).

You may have a negative point of view on KO, like many people who quit and many current active players. But that, doesn't mean you are correct. 10 million DL's is an astronomical number of DLs in 5 months, it just is, sorry deal with it lol. Just don't start lying about what I am saying and twisting it, I never said K2 was a good company, I never said KO will go be good in the future or popular in the future, I never said 10 mil people are playing, I never said people don't quit, uninstall, install more than 1x etc, all I said is that K2 is currently doing well as a company (and I am not saying I dont think they suck because I do think their company is being run by a bunch of douche bags who dont give a flying fuck about their paying customers), and that 10 mil a ton of DL's. And those are just the facts. I have my issues with K2 but I do know good stats when I see them.

If you like to insult as a Russian, then let me say that you are one ass eating whiner with an IQ of small squirrel and I mean that in the most friendly Russian way.[/b]
    another one of your off track and delusioanal posts....thanks for proving me right again

you overlook everyones ideas but your own.....DELUSIONAL.

you keep stating k2 is doing well cause of ko yet you over look the fact i have stated and many others have they dont make much money on ko...its made from sword of the new world and mu online

if you think those are good stats from what they were gained on or based you then you dont know good stats if they bite you in the ass

good stats would be 10 mill dl's and 10 mill PLAYING customers not 10 mill dl's and 5k PLAYING customers

stop posting cause the more you do the stupider you sound

i am stating the obvoiuse as everyone has pointed out to you and havoc just destroyed your fairy world dream cause his post is very accurate

Unbelievable.

Trii, Your "facts" are backed up by nothing but pure bullshit and biased opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. You must've been seriously bored or seriously got ur ass beat by ur boyfriend to come on a neutral thread like this and start flaming. I am not just acusing you of flaming like a majority of morons on this forum, but you are seriously providing us with the definition of flaming.

Rad is just telling the community about something surprising, and something that actually shows the slightest bit of success in this retarded company, and you are throwing your Russian poo in his face. I laugh at you.

Personally, I believe that 10 mil is a benchmark that has not been reached by many PC MMORPG's. Yes, people have DLed more than once, yes, ppl quit, yes ppl reinstall; but its not to spit on the integrity of a prestigious benchmark.

Wow. I guess in the future people who want to post something about K2's relative success need to write in Russian to avoid being flamed for no reason.[/b]
    yet another pointless person posting.....even when people post up facts with numbers you avoid reading all the pages so whats the point in arguing with idiots who cant read all the pages of this post where countless people have posted actual numbers

i cant imagine your stupid enough to think 10 mill dls for less then 5k people still playing knight online is a benchmark ROFL....just dumb if u cant see its a FAILURE on there part as a company to keep there customer base vs there game

anyways you 2 have fun patting k2s back for RUINING 10 mill players experience

Excuse me? Ive read all posts, all pages. You must be some leet haxor to know where and what I do/n't look at.
    Anyhoo, Ive read all your posts. I dont see numbers. I dont see helpful links. I see a cynical immature kid trying to get attention.

" As of October 2007, Knight Online was listed as the 4th largest MMORPG in terms of market share by http://mmogdata.voig.com/. " (quick wiki)

Here you are child. ---> http://mmogdata.voig.com/

This is information collected as of late 2007. Fairly new accurate information.

TO CONCLUDE:
    4th largest market share
    healthy showing in Subscriptions graph
    A noticable bit of success in the Absolute Contribution for MMO's of 2007.

Click on KO in the SUBSCRIPTIONS table. Notice the number of increase of subscriptions in the month of march. Somewhere around 700k? SO your trying to tell me that out of 700k new subscriptions for one month, there are still only 5k ppl that play this game!?!

To add, WOW rapes all these categories, hands down. But KO is actually showing that they are at least attempting to compete. They may be the Minnesota Timberwolves, but hey, they are giving the SPURS a run for their money.

btw. I hate k2.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast