Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

KO passes 10mil download mark download.com

This is a discussion on KO passes 10mil download mark download.com within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Excuse me? Ive read all posts, all pages. You must be some leet haxor to know where and what I ...
Page: 5

Excuse me? Ive read all posts, all pages. You must be some leet haxor to know where and what I do/n't look at.
    Anyhoo, Ive read all your posts. I dont see numbers. I dont see helpful links. I see a cynical immature kid trying to get attention.

" As of October 2007, Knight Online was listed as the 4th largest MMORPG in terms of market share by http://mmogdata.voig.com/. " (quick wiki)

Here you are child. ---> http://mmogdata.voig.com/

This is information collected as of late 2007. Fairly new accurate information.

TO CONCLUDE:
    4th largest market share
    healthy showing in Subscriptions graph
    A noticable bit of success in the Absolute Contribution for MMO's of 2007.

Click on KO in the SUBSCRIPTIONS table. Notice the number of increase of subscriptions in the month of march. Somewhere around 700k? SO your trying to tell me that out of 700k new subscriptions for one month, there are still only 5k ppl that play this game!?!

To add, WOW rapes all these categories, hands down. But KO is actually showing that they are at least attempting to compete. They may be the Minnesota Timberwolves, but hey, they are giving the SPURS a run for their money.

btw. I hate k2.[/b]

Well put and nice stats.

The problem with Trii is that he decided to back up his ill feelings towards the game with insults and words like delusional. In fact, his opinions are delusional since the facts show otherwise. He has debased himself by insulting others for quoting facts while he holds to opinion and negated anything he says by lying about what was quoted by others. Truly pathetic and in actual fact fits the definitions of the terms he uses to ridicule others (Low IQ, Delusional, Stupid, etc).

It doesn't take 10million subscribers to make KO successful, that is a term that can have many variables in itself. 10 mil DL's IN 5 MONTHS NOT 4 YEARS is solely an indicator of potential success and a benchmark for an online gaming company. How many people still play Halo 1? 700k subscribers each paying $9-30 a month isn't failing, even by ur delusional standards. MMOs are new since the advent of the internet. K2 is one of the companies on the forefront in an industry that is in its infant stages. If they continue to suck in customer service, they will eventually fail as a company.

Trii, from now on, just post some facts dude. Hate all you want but back the shit up with something other than ur tiny opinion backed by insults. And for once, read what is being written, stop lying about what is being said, don't selectively take one piece of a post and lie about it, it's in all honesty a little shameful.

Canek

The only reason those downloads are so high is because Chinese players had to download usko to continue making $$ off of knightonline. That probably gave them an easy 6-8 million downloads. Of unpaying customers that will ruin the game.

1.5 million is probably from other countries other than the US
    .5million is probably from the US that uninstalled it after a month

Wow has over 5million active & paying US customers along with atleast 70 servers.
    KO has.. say 24 servers with 1000 players on each (thats being generous)
    600 of those dont / cant pay prem and never will

400 left
    200 pay bronze prem
    100 pay silver / gold
    100 pay gold / plat (at most)

thats per server, thats about the average profit of a fastfood restaurant, i just multiplied 400 x 26 to be nice = 10,400
    in a fastfood restaurant you can make between 400 (being slow) and 1400 (being busy) an hour
    10,400 x 24 = 249,600 a month from all the servers

a good fastfood restaurant, say arbys (used to work there) they make 15k - 20k a day
    you do the rest of the math i dont care, k2 is lost[/b]
    just to point out something, right before K2 realesed WarRock (about 2 years ago) they realesed a public communicate saying that k2 revenues where in the order of 10 million dollars, just counting MU and KO, and we know KO has a larger population than MU, therefore k2 was making great profit back that days, imagine now that premium is even more expensive ;P

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Oh those number are soooo wrong. L2 has over 16mil ACTIVE subscribers. ACTIVE! Active who have active time cards. I saw offical NCsoft report about first half of 2007 a while ago. Out of those 16 mil 32% (i think) had 6/12 month subscription, 0.02 were GMs or staff accounts. About 0.5% who had won some lifetime free stuff or smth like that (and they counted those that are beeing used), most of those accounts were in SEA. Now add around 3-4 mil private server users, even more since iv heard asian private servers pwn us by numbers. Rofl 2 mil. MAYBE it was only NA version of l2 they counted, therefore even more reasons to highly doubt on all those numbers.

There, u see where K2 spends its cash. Buying themselves fame. Instead of propper CS. Thats why they put platinum premmy in - to beat wow's score.

Stop being idiots and stop being fenbois.

EDIT:

The huge Kamael expansion is free to all current Lineage II subscribers. Lineage II is known as the gaming market’s premier player-versus-player (PvP) MMO, and since its launch in late 2003, has reached more than 17 million players worldwide.[/b]
    17 mil already, my bad. So, lol10mildownloads.

Trii

Well put and nice stats.

The problem with Trii is that he decided to back up his ill feelings towards the game with insults and words like delusional. In fact, his opinions are delusional since the facts show otherwise. He has debased himself by insulting others for quoting facts while he holds to opinion and negated anything he says by lying about what was quoted by others. Truly pathetic and in actual fact fits the definitions of the terms he uses to ridicule others (Low IQ, Delusional, Stupid, etc).

It doesn't take 10million subscribers to make KO successful, that is a term that can have many variables in itself. 10 mil DL's IN 5 MONTHS NOT 4 YEARS is solely an indicator of potential success and a benchmark for an online gaming company. How many people still play Halo 1? 700k subscribers each paying $9-30 a month isn't failing, even by ur delusional standards. MMOs are new since the advent of the internet. K2 is one of the companies on the forefront in an industry that is in its infant stages. If they continue to suck in customer service, they will eventually fail as a company.

Trii, from now on, just post some facts dude. Hate all you want but back the shit up with something other than ur tiny opinion backed by insults. And for once, read what is being written, stop lying about what is being said, don't selectively take one piece of a post and lie about it, it's in all honesty a little shameful.[/b]
    you guys are talking about stats that are wrong as magyk just pointed out to you.....try using more credible sources other then this site that has incorrect stats

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

All we can conclude from this is that nobody except the companies themselves can say how many players they have. We've also shown quite conclusively that companies like to "big themselves up" and so will take the figures that show them in the best light.

We don't have comparable and confirmable stats on the same criteria for each game, so it's useless to compare.

The best thing to compare which is trackable by companies would be:
    - number of accounts logged into at least once in the last week.

This sounds somewhat skewed towards F2P games where players are more likely to have multiple accounts, but it's also fair to say that F2P games are more likely to have casual players that didn't login within a week, so it balances out.

you guys are talking about stats that are wrong as magyk just pointed out to you.....try using more credible sources other then this site that has incorrect stats[/b]

You need to quote some real sources urself mr. opinion and insults. And they're numbers are from public press releases, you can also check their annual reports. These are made to shareholders and employees. Man you guys are so down on this game I really don't know why any of u even bother playing or why the hell ur trolling in KO4Life if you quit. Bitter, sour explayers who have to constantly belittle and berate the game because you don't like the customer service and company that released the game. You think WOW is better? I can give you links to a dozen sites where you can buy macro'd accounts and farmed gold.

And for fuck sakes, I'll say it again, go look for yourselves and quote some real stats, we quoted for KO not all of K2 lol. Just saying their lying to try to prove some negative point is really pathetic, that's all you got left because you had nothing to begin with other than the opinions by people who quit something. The 300k a day logged in at ONE time not all day, if you did all day logins it would be more. 10 mil DL's in 5 months, awesome number quoted from one of the many sites you can DL this game and other MMO games from - one that is unbiased and has no vested interest in "pumping" the number up, oh really they are lying??? come on lol.

You can sell items for USD, Gold Farmers are in the game only because it sells for real money, the records from both K2 and from other gaming industry companies/magazines show that KO is gaining in popularity and in paying customers. K2 wouldn't have just spent all the money they did investing in brand new servers if this wasn't so. Use some of ur own logic and IQ to sort this stuff out for urselves as bitter as you are, put ur pea-brain biases and hate aside. Delusional indeed.

SouljaPriest

i didnt play ko long time im back now and many things changed.... i think k2 isnt best but better than 1-3 years ago

Havoc2

fu[/b]

just to point out something, right before K2 realesed WarRock (about 2 years ago) they realesed a public communicate saying that k2 revenues where in the order of 10 million dollars, just counting MU and KO, and we know KO has a larger population than MU, therefore k2 was making great profit back that days, imagine now that premium is even more expensive ;P[/b]
    I can gurantee you that K2 does not make 10 million from usko. Maybe all the KnightOnline versions together + myko and cko before they were removed. That's also yearly, mine is monthly.

I can gurantee you that K2 does not make 10 million from usko. Maybe all the KnightOnline versions together + myko and cko before they were removed. That's also yearly, mine is monthly.[/b]

I know you are leaving game but really, read the title and posts before responding. It's 10mil dl's in 5 months. GL in RL baba.

Most of those site offering this kind of data are wrong. About l2. iv seen pretty bad numbers but never 2 mil, u can find that many players in eastern-europe private servers. Wow has pretty stable 8 mil usually but i bet they do some good promo work and keep all updated.

Wait a min, 300k logged in at any given point? In USKO? Lol? Get a reality nerf pls.

And tbh, those who dont play this game have no right to be in ko4life, post and read? This aint some 3rd world country or china. Its da INTERNETZ. Besides, freedom of speech and blablabla. I dont consider myself as KO hater, i just didnt find the game appealing and ofc K2+turkey+drama made it pretty repulsive. But hey, atleast im not a fenboi.

I didnt found the report about all the figures but i did found 2007 business report and ofc the place where i quoted the 17 mil.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/ho...iewID=news_view
    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/ho...news_view_popup

could be the internet cafes downloading it many times after the exe fie get infected from viruses and then damaged[/b]
    cant, they all use deep freezes. reboot and all the changes are gone

@some1 who said turks cant delete so they reformat pc

lol we really know what has to be done. dont worry ;o)

Most of those site offering this kind of data are wrong. About l2. iv seen pretty bad numbers but never 2 mil, u can find that many players in eastern-europe private servers. Wow has pretty stable 8 mil usually but i bet they do some good promo work and keep all updated.
    Wait a min, 300k logged in at any given point? In USKO? Lol? Get a reality nerf pls.
    And tbh, those who dont play this game have no right to be in ko4life, post and read? This aint some 3rd world country or china. Its da INTERNETZ. Besides, freedom of speech and blablabla. I dont consider myself as KO hater, i just didnt find the game appealing and ofc K2+turkey+drama made it pretty repulsive. But hey, atleast im not a fenboi.
    I didnt found the report about all the figures but i did found 2007 business report and ofc the place where i quoted the 17 mil.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/ho...iewID=news_view
    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/ho...news_view_popup[/b]

Okay so you responded but you didn't actually read the posts. So, I leave it at that because ur arguing facts and numbers that no one is talking about (for example the 10 is once again just DL's of KO, no one said anything about 2 mil anything and the 300k is every day on all servers at and during normal high traffic flows recorded by a company other than K2 and reported publicly which you are welcome to research for ur self). And finally, I was getting to the point of one player who said he quit, referring to why he is posting, like you, without actually reading the post itself, insulting and name calling, and not backing up his opinions with anything at all except a quote by someone else who was stating his opinion. Cheers.

Okay so you responded but you didn't actually read the posts. So, I leave it at that because ur arguing facts and numbers that no one is talking about (for example the 10 is once again just DL's of KO, no one said anything about 2 mil anything and the 300k is every day on all servers at and during normal high traffic flows recorded by a company other than K2 and reported publicly which you are welcome to research for ur self). And finally, I was getting to the point of one player who said he quit, referring to why he is posting, like you, without actually reading the post itself, insulting and name calling, and not backing up his opinions with anything at all except a quote by someone else who was stating his opinion. Cheers.[/b]
    Well, blame the slow effect on morning coffee. My point in last 2 posts has been that this mmog whatever crap is very unreliable. If they turn 17 mil to 2 mil then they either get paid the do so or are very incompetent. Therefor that figure given for KO may not be true also. For my personal opinion, its just nonsense.

300k is another thing i hardly doubt also. THINK about server capacity, the size of the game and other factors. And just to be clear, the 300k was number of connections in given moment or the connections all together? Im lazy and slow, enlighten me. In given moment: no fuking way in hell, together: possible but i still doubt it.

Trii

Okay so you responded but you didn't actually read the posts. So, I leave it at that because ur arguing facts and numbers that no one is talking about (for example the 10 is once again just DL's of KO, no one said anything about 2 mil anything and the 300k is every day on all servers at and during normal high traffic flows recorded by a company other than K2 and reported publicly which you are welcome to research for ur self). And finally, I was getting to the point of one player who said he quit, referring to why he is posting, like you, without actually reading the post itself, insulting and name calling, and not backing up his opinions with anything at all except a quote by someone else who was stating his opinion. Cheers.[/b]
    he is arguing that your "resources" you posted are not actual stats on games and are a bunch of bs

he is pointing out to you the the sites you posted have the incorrect stats on l2 and thus they prob have the WRONG stats on ko

dude really your arguing over nothing you can prove either.....yours is all bases on some bogus site you listed that you "think" is correct

i dont need to post bogus stats when its common sense k2 doesnt make most of its profit from ko....its common sense that 10 mill dl's is not a accomplishment when in comparison to the actual number of people playing this game

he is arguing that your "resources" you posted are not actual stats on games and are a bunch of bs

he is pointing out to you the the sites you posted have the incorrect stats on l2 and thus they prob have the WRONG stats on ko

dude really your arguing over nothing you can prove either.....yours is all bases on some bogus site you listed that you "think" is correct

i dont need to post bogus stats when its common sense k2 doesnt make most of its profit from ko....its common sense that 10 mill dl's is not a accomplishment when in comparison to the actual number of people playing this game[/b]

Wrong again ,wow. Read ALL the posts for fuck sakes man your like a little kid at the candy store waiting for a hand out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345