Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

KO rivalry

This is a discussion on KO rivalry within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've been playing this game for 5 years, have always read the forum but never really bothered posting. Anyway I ...
Page: 1

Default KO rivalry

I've been playing this game for 5 years, have always read the forum but never really bothered posting.

Anyway I just feel like putting out a KO discussion about rivalry since these forums seem pretty dead.

I know we've all been in this situation.

You (warrior) and a friend (rogue) are both pretty close KO buddies for years. Then all of a sudden one of you decides to switch over to the others class. It's all good in the beginning ,your just teaching him and he acknowledges your dominance over the class. Suddenly though he gets good, pretty much almost as good or better. Then he just becomes annoying to you, a guy you once tried to teach all of a sudden seems condescending .

Another aspect.

Remember back in KE you had sucky players ( wether because of items or skill) , average players( guys who rolled with 1 or 2 uniques and some +7 shit average skill) and the big boys ( Dante, f9devil, Hitmachine, Murtaza full +0 and up mostly +7/+8 average to pro skill ) .

The sucky players and a few average players would lick the dick of those big boys left and right. Everyday on this and other forums you'd see praise for those players everyone considered sick. Of course though the sucky players started to evolve and were pretty much considered pro. All of a sudden these guys pretty much felt they were bigger then the previous big boys of the server . The cycle would go on and on...

Now a days though things have seem to changed, with the fact that items and levels aren't that hard to come by everyone pretty much thinks they're the bomb diggity shit. Everyone is out to correct each other on simple flaws and a lot of egos have been destroyed or inflated. You'll notice every topic has everyone putting each other down , ect ect. Go ahead and search topics two years ago , most people were less assholeish (not a word).

Anyway I want peoples thoughts on the rivalries of this game. Why do you think people can't just acknowledge the fact that their rival is pretty good. Why is it hard to be friends with a guy who is the same class as you. Why do you think everyone has a sharpened ego. What changes in the game could be implemented to fix the fact that almost everyone is on the same level.

I know I typed a long ass essay but I'm on a insightful high at the moment. I also pretty much hate how this forums seems to be dying . Just post your thoughts without flaming. If you honestly have nothing cogent to type just leave the topic be PLEASE .

P.S. : Some of this shit doesn't apply to everyone , I realize some folks don't have much of a ego when it comes to KO. But they're certainly some folks who have egos that just stand(or stood) above many . (Example : Zero, F9, steven ,RW, Delicious aka Mike, and a lot others I've noticed. All I could come up with off the top of my head.)

Banned

man... no one really care.
    i don't even bother reading everything u said just couple of sentences

Montezuma

:P nah times change. Back in the day if you had a +1 unique you were praised. Now if you have a shell +9 peice you are called a babashopping fag or data base hacker....

Well to begin with, it's just a competitive game. Since 1v1 used to be fairly dominant, people are always trying to beat each other.

People think that acknowledging that someone is good will make that person grow an ego of his own. Thus, they don't acknowledge them at all. It's sort of a cycle. Especially when you get to be the best on your server, there's no one left to put you in your place and your ego just keeps growing. Those who are on the top will probably tend to have egos like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    :P nah times change. Back in the day if you had a +1 unique you were praised. Now if you have a shell +9 peice you are called a babashopping fag or data base hacker....
    +1 This too, back then, I suppose there was some honor/dignity. The term babashopping was used to describe those who used real currency and were looked down upon. Now it's common practice.

Kill or get killed

Banned

Everything you said is true , I know from personal experience , and I've lost quite a few friends in real life and ingame thanks to this game and the ego fights it causes.
    I think that in the past , this game was more about individuals being good , while now one can't be good , it's all about groups , and that's why there's no "big boys" anymore , and the cycle has ended ( reason for lack of "good" movies )
    When you watched 411's dc movie or Zero's movie , You'd get excited because it was different from anyone else and there was one guy to focus on , while now it's simply not that , the level of skill is pretty much the same everywhere as individuals.
    About your last paragraph , I'm not sure that the guys you mentioned were really so good , or did they just gain fame because of their ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsive View Post
    Everything you said is true , I know from personal experience , and I've lost quite a few friends in real life and ingame thanks to this game and the ego fights it causes.
    I think that in the past , this game was more about individuals being good , while now one can't be good , it's all about groups , and that's why there's no "big boys" anymore , and the cycle has ended ( reason for lack of "good" movies )
    When you watched 411's dc movie or Zero's movie , You'd get excited because it was different from anyone else and there was one guy to focus on , while now it's simply not that , the level of skill is pretty much the same everywhere as individuals.
    About your last paragraph , I'm not sure that the guys you mentioned were really so good , or did they just gain fame because of their ego.
    I think it might have been a bit of both. A big ego which crushed the guys who couldn't think for themselves and enough skill to back it up. Now a days every rogue is either better or as good as zero was , but I've still yet to meet any who can seem as bit as egotistical. Same goes for the others I named in the last paragraph.

Good insight btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Shame View Post
    man... no one really care.
    i don't even bother reading everything u said just couple of sentences
    Read the last sentence before the P.S. paragraph and try not to post here again. Here I'll quote it for you

"If you honestly have nothing cogent to type just leave the topic be PLEASE ."

Scallywag

all the great players of the past that i had the honour of playing with were not only skilled (and some didnt even have the best gear) they had manners and were humble. Thats why it was such a joy to party with them. If you made a mistake they laughed and were always gracious.

Whats left today at the top is mostly a bunch of rude, immature, kids with over inflated egos, and no manners who think they are gods gift to this game and take joy from belittling others.

In my opinion they are sadly lacking compared to past legends and definately not worth the adulation they receive from other players.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

lol what u said is pretty true O.o fuckin everyone on cwest thinks there the shit, people who get beaten in a vs blame the items or lvl but no never the skill, even if u take 1 dagger off and put ur undy gear on or go naked or something. i know danny did that to me once on sinins yeh i got shamed >.>

Main problem you don't see any more big boys is no one bothers to pk without a full 8 man party. It's getting ridiculous, the only people pking you'll find are parties with 3 warriors, 2 priests (one of which is a full debuffer), a mage and possibly a rogue.

It's hard to get "Solo-Pk" clips like back then, probably impossible. That's why what we do to have fun is pk in small groups, maybe 3 or 4, and take on 8+ people, because it somewhat replicates solo pk. It's not just 8 people run into another 8 people and start wacking away. It actually requires some thought to beat 8 people with just 3.

I think more people should try pking with smaller parties, honestly, it's a lot more fun, trust me. You may get your ass handed to you the first couple of times, but once you get used to it, you'll be having the times of your lives, making great pk vids while your at it ^^ (Btw, make sure you have a support mage, you need it)

amparnell

Yeah this is true. Many of you probably remember ROBSTERCRAW. Well I was the one that taught him everything when he was a little lvl 40 and i was like 60 or something. then he started sharing accounts, lvling like crazy etc. soon hes lvl 80 and im still lvl 65 or something and he thinks hes big shit. So yeah that kind of stuff happens all the time but I dont let it bother me.

naw back then if u had +8s ppl called u dupers.

Hey cutie Senior Member

babashopping ruined the game.

Banned

Wow, finally a post worth reading. Was beginning to think this forum had truly hit the shitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Ace View Post
    Everyone is out to correct each other on simple flaws and a lot of egos have been destroyed or inflated.
    You had a lot of good points, and pretty much all made perfect sence to me.

I'd only like to simplify it all and say that it's this games uncanny ability to inflate ego's. That's what it's all about to most folks. First to +8. First to +9. First to make a movie using Sony Vegas 9.0 of a uber-baba-shopped rogue using minor pedal and then denying it on the forums.

It all kinda starts to blend together. What you have left is the worlds biggest virtual pissing contest. Unfortunately for most of us, that contest is either no longer achievable (through every1's means and willingness to baba-shop) or no longer desirable because it seems to have all be done before, ya know?

I've pretty much been playing since the game started as well. For me the biggest change in the game would have to be peoples attitudes towards babashopping. back a couple years ago it was just like you were the devil if you did and got hammered for it. These days most people just accept it whine for a bit and get over it. Thats what i think anyway, a little off topic from egos but yea. But the community has definately changed. Not like it used to be. Not even any big ares or diez drama flame war topics anymore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast