Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

KO rivalry

This is a discussion on KO rivalry within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; the game is dying. Sad to say but its true, Most of the time i can log on A1 or ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Senior Member DEATHxPROOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    511

    Default

    the game is dying. Sad to say but its true, Most of the time i can log on A1 or A2 with no premi. Only reason you would have premi is to XP. The game has changed because of the $$$ factor people are willing to scam steal hack KOXP to get ahead or to make a profit.

  2. #32
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zrocker0404 View Post
    Heh, i know what you mean. I take back all that crap i've said before about running ect. I've tried going solo when im bored and end up towning or not seeing anyone. Sometimes u find someone to kill, but usually people dont come out by themselves, and i'm sure just as many orcs call me a runner just like you lol, but i guess its just the cwest pk and the fact that we're weak little archers lol
    yep im glad u can see it now lol.

  3. #33
    Senior Member C4pt4iN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Ace View Post
    This post is actually dripping with egotistic behavior, exactly what I was talking about.

    I'll put out my opinion on each of your points, refuting some agreeing with others.

    "Rivalries meant something, most of your opponents were legit and players were devising new strategies and playstyles all the time."

    Rivalries still do mean a lot, why would I post this topic if they didn't? Do you think I was searching through old topics and said to myself , " Hmm, rivalries don't mean shit now a days." In my opinion rivalries have gotten even more heated then back in the day. Back in KE there was a healthy respect for your rivals, now a days if your considered an opponent you automatically suck cock at KO.


    Everyone Cheats, items injected.

    I've personally played multiple servers , never met anyone who's items were injected. I think you (and your old crew) are just the type with a whole lot of conspiracy theories . I still remember the ridiculous topic about grimyares. I do agree though the cheaters numbers have increased exponentially. It is actually come to a point where k0xpers are now being seen with dragon symbols .


    People are no more skilled than 4 years ago, the only new developments in playstyle have been the pedal and table edits.


    Obviously , your knowledge of today's play style is very limited due to the fact you don't play anymore. There is no point even refuting this point since anyone with knowledge on current gameplay knows you are completely wrong on this point. I mean some posts in this topic even addressed some of the changes in game style. If you want me to get into this point , just request it. For now I'll leave it be.



    The best players in 2009 aren't even better than nychris who frankly wasn't that good. What is left to have a rivalry about? All that's left is a bunch of noobs trying to get e-famous with their awful videos and items they never earned.


    This is just an obvious attempt to put other people down and inflate your own ego. Now if everyone will notice, this is what I meant. This post in all was just a way to make this person feel good about themselves. Fact is you don't actively play this game anymore. You credibility on this whole matter is questioned due to that fact alone. Your comments on people's skill level is just an attempt to make yourself look good to those who can't think for themselves.


    Another point is that this topic has nothing to do with anyone's skill level , it's all about the evolution of rivalries in this game. Honestly , I've felt your posts were all run by your ego, so please if you can refrain from posting in this topic. Your posts will just set it back and cause a flame war. I've never seen a post from you that hasn't insulted those in the topic on a personal gaming level.

    So PLEASE no more useless posts from you. It's tiring having to argue with a pigheaded , ignorant individual such as yourself.
    That speech of zero was somewhat ego talk, but it have truth within.

    I remember the old days, when I see the killing list in CZ, I know exactly who they are, like their class, their playing skills etc. When I face someone, I get the satisfaction of killing them after a hard battle, and when we meet again we will fight again. But now, its like a group of bees, everyone runs around like an army and if u get spotted, everyone jumps u in 2 seconds. This game has became a huge gangbanging, nearly nobody have the dignity to stand for a good fight.

    About the cheating and items injection.. Im not sure about illegal items are injected, but either way they are illegal, and u know it, thx to King of Knight - Welcome it cant gets any easier to see all those crazy stuff, +9 I can go with that, but those +9 uniques or +10 items around all server, dont tell me thats conspiracy theories, it doesnt take much common sense to tell what is possible to make or not. A good example of one of Diez so called "top" rogue: King of Knight - Player Information I think his items pretty much tells u how crazy it can get. And btw, those dual Dark Vanes used to be +10, so no.. He didnt used the rebirth method. I think u got the point already.
    The lvl of cheating is certainly not any better than injected items, in the old days the worst cheat we had to deal with was speed hacker and a few arrow shower, but most of those arrow showers were disturbing at exp spot. Nowadays we got lets see... lvl 80 rogue spamming Power Shot and arrow shower (fixed, I know), godmode (mostly fixed, but still saw a few), scrolls removal (dunno if its fixed), TBL edit (transformation, no casting), R bug. And just before the minor heal cooldown there were pedals all over the places.

    About the player's skills, I would say its hard to tell at a certain point, since pvp now always end up in party vs party, so the individual player have hardly any significant meaning for the fight. However, as a priest player I watch how the other priest plays, and I must say their tactical skill remain somewhere the same as many years ago, just got higher lvl so they have some more skills to play with, to avoid this as an ego speech, I will say that the priest I observed are only good at pressing aoe heal and mana pot (even when its not necessary), But then, there a few priest that really impress me with their determination speed and observation for correct skill usage, and thats what remain gives me the rivalry feeling.

    The last thing was him about the best current players. As again, its hard to tell the individual player since this game has became totally party based. But if we were looking at the NP point of view, and looking at the top NP holders, then for Diez, on human side most of them gained from NP transfer, while a few earned it the hard way. On orc side we have Zesta as #1 np holder, ok.. Hes a fair player, so credit to him, but then #2 we have a NP transfer already.. Whats the point of rivalry in that?

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Ima make it short.

    You cant compare old ko to todays ko. Its a different type of game.

    Zero became a legend by being a pioneer for this game. F9 for having great skill. Boo did cuz he told everyone that he is, and eventualy introducing the pedal. Elu for great skill and new ways of np earning. Now these guys pretty much earned their names in hall of fame for being unique.

    But then came the guys with low selfesteam and alot of complex. Who belive that the legends are way overated and that they deserv all the fame theese guys worked for. So they will try to trash talk everyone in order to prove their greatness. Thats what i think of rivaly :-P

    But people are stupid. Instead of fighting eachother, they should work togather to help this game survive.

    Me for example: when i came back to this game, i only did it to make movies, which i thought i was the best at. But then i saw Elkars stuff, and i thought, theres my rival. But instead of being rivals we joined togather and helped eachother produce the movies you have seen today. That kind of rivality benifited the game and community.

    And the great thing about being a great moviemaker and an average skilled player is, you have no rivals. You dont care for vs's and most of your works can not be stolen from you. Specially if u have made custom stuff for vegas :-P

    But it pissed me off when bryantheidiot tryed to brag about his youtube quality, while i try to help others by posting tutorials instead. Now, thats bad rivaly :-P

    Also, be ready for a new SininS movie any day soon! Its gona be sexy :-P
    Last edited by Salmin; 09-16-2009 at 02:01 AM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Blast_Radius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salmin View Post
    Ima make it short.

    You cant compare old ko to todays ko. Its a different type of game.

    Zero became a legend by being a pioneer for this game. F9 for having great skill. Boo did cuz he told everyone that he is, and eventualy introducing the pedal. Elu for great skill and new ways of np earning. Now these guys pretty much earned their names in hall of fame for being unique.

    But then came the guys with low selfesteam and alot of complex. Who belive that the legends are way overated and that they deserv all the fame theese guys worked for. So they will try to trash talk everyone in order to prove their greatness. Thats what i think of rivaly :-P

    But people are stupid. Instead of fighting eachother, they should work togather to help this game survive.

    Me for example: when i came back to this game, i only did it to make movies, which i thought i was the best at. But then i saw Elkars stuff, and i thought, theres my rival. But instead of being rivals we joined togather and helped eachother produce the movies you have seen today. That kind of rivality benifited the game and community.

    And the great thing about being a great moviemaker and an average skilled player is, you have no rivals. You dont care for vs's and most of your works can not be stolen from you. Specially if u have made custom stuff for vegas :-P

    But it pissed me off when bryantheidiot tryed to brag about his youtube quality, while i try to help others by posting tutorials instead. Now, thats bad rivaly :-P

    Also, be ready for a new SininS movie any day soon! Its gona be sexy :-P
    +1, totally agree, that's the kind of rivalry we need, and the kind of rivalry we used to have

    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt4iN View Post
    That speech of zero was somewhat ego talk, but it have truth within.

    I remember the old days, when I see the killing list in CZ, I know exactly who they are, like their class, their playing skills etc. When I face someone, I get the satisfaction of killing them after a hard battle, and when we meet again we will fight again. But now, its like a group of bees, everyone runs around like an army and if u get spotted, everyone jumps u in 2 seconds. This game has became a huge gangbanging, nearly nobody have the dignity to stand for a good fight.

    About the cheating and items injection.. Im not sure about illegal items are injected, but either way they are illegal, and u know it, thx to King of Knight - Welcome it cant gets any easier to see all those crazy stuff, +9 I can go with that, but those +9 uniques or +10 items around all server, dont tell me thats conspiracy theories, it doesnt take much common sense to tell what is possible to make or not. A good example of one of Diez so called "top" rogue: King of Knight - Player Information I think his items pretty much tells u how crazy it can get. And btw, those dual Dark Vanes used to be +10, so no.. He didnt used the rebirth method. I think u got the point already.
    The lvl of cheating is certainly not any better than injected items, in the old days the worst cheat we had to deal with was speed hacker and a few arrow shower, but most of those arrow showers were disturbing at exp spot. Nowadays we got lets see... lvl 80 rogue spamming Power Shot and arrow shower (fixed, I know), godmode (mostly fixed, but still saw a few), scrolls removal (dunno if its fixed), TBL edit (transformation, no casting), R bug. And just before the minor heal cooldown there were pedals all over the places.

    About the player's skills, I would say its hard to tell at a certain point, since pvp now always end up in party vs party, so the individual player have hardly any significant meaning for the fight. However, as a priest player I watch how the other priest plays, and I must say their tactical skill remain somewhere the same as many years ago, just got higher lvl so they have some more skills to play with, to avoid this as an ego speech, I will say that the priest I observed are only good at pressing aoe heal and mana pot (even when its not necessary), But then, there a few priest that really impress me with their determination speed and observation for correct skill usage, and thats what remain gives me the rivalry feeling.

    The last thing was him about the best current players. As again, its hard to tell the individual player since this game has became totally party based. But if we were looking at the NP point of view, and looking at the top NP holders, then for Diez, on human side most of them gained from NP transfer, while a few earned it the hard way. On orc side we have Zesta as #1 np holder, ok.. Hes a fair player, so credit to him, but then #2 we have a NP transfer already.. Whats the point of rivalry in that?
    Also agree with this, the legends of KE were not legends just because they did well in CZ. They were unique, and they were smart. Inventing minor combo etc. Many people will brag that they can beat them now, sure you might be able to, but I don't think you could say you would have invented minor combo back in KE like they have.

    Also, c4ptain is right about skill level. Most players are average skilled, they just spam heals, novas, staff, minor, or hellblade. But, if you look really closely, you can see which players are truly skilled. Priests that start casting cure before the debuff even hits, rogues who cure their party and keep their party alive, warriors who shockstun priests and not other warriors (>.>), mages who instead of using fire staff, will use light staff against priests and runners. This small difference in skill between good players and average players can really influence who wins a fight. You better cure your parasited mage ASAP or else he's dead. Starting the cure before the parasite actually hits him will work wonders in that situation.

    It's a bit harder to see now, but if you do look closely enough, you can tell who is truly skilled.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Zero didn't invent minor combo LOL.
    Even people in MYKO used it before he did , he's just the one who gave it the fame , and vice versa.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Blast_Radius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsive View Post
    Zero didn't invent minor combo LOL.
    Even people in MYKO used it before he did , he's just the one who gave it the fame , and vice versa.
    Cause he could use it properly. Minor comboing consists of mashing a couple buttons, anyone can do it, but not everyone can do it properly. And I wouldn't call it fame, rather he brought it into public view, maybe because he was a good sin to begin with so everyone noticed him. Anyhow, I doubt half of those wannabe's have accomplished anything remotely close in their time playing KO.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    517

    Default

    tl;dr
    make a conclusion next time.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blast_Radius View Post
    Also, c4ptain is right about skill level. Most players are average skilled, they just spam heals, novas, staff, minor, or hellblade. But, if you look really closely, you can see which players are truly skilled. Priests that start casting cure before the debuff even hits, rogues who cure their party and keep their party alive, warriors who shockstun priests and not other warriors (>.>), mages who instead of using fire staff, will use light staff against priests and runners. This small difference in skill between good players and average players can really influence who wins a fight. You better cure your parasited mage ASAP or else he's dead. Starting the cure before the parasite actually hits him will work wonders in that situation.

    It's a bit harder to see now, but if you do look closely enough, you can tell who is truly skilled.
    totally agree with you... it's hard the be good priest (either bp or int), when i'm bp i usually play like warrior and forget about cure and heals and when i'm int... i just debuff too much and forget about taking care of mages. So to be good you need to know what you NEED to do for the party to survive.

  10. #40
    teehee
    Guest

    Default

    ko is dying too much servers and too much turkies but how long have we been saying that, ko4life is even dying even the k2 forums are more full than these now and i didnt think ive see that k2 dont deserve players just go play japko or a priv server at least at japko they have more weps faster updates and nothing fked up there, if u moan about k2 but have just paid them u need ur heading seeing too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •