Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

ko or wow

This is a discussion on ko or wow within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Axarus What is good in KO and in WOW? i would say KO pvp is imo best ...
Page: 2

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axarus View Post
    What is good in KO and in WOW? i would say KO pvp is imo best i dont rly enjoyed in WOW pvp i had 80 druid out there but the pvp system in WOW is absolutely other then in KO just watch few pvp movies at youtube and u will know how it looks but ofc u have to play a bit to feel pvp in WOW. Best thing in wow is for me varriety of weapons armors even ur face look etc cause in KO 85% of sins/warriors/mages/priests looks pretty same :/ what about xp? hmm in KO u keep killing same mobs per hours and hours and u r so fcking boring of it right? in wow u making so many quests u r not killing same mobs u r exploring rly very large areas/lands with many different kinds of mobs u can travel by space by teleports by trains by boats etc etc ;p Pets or lets say mounts in WOW are rly exciting many totally other kinds of dragons bears tigers etc In WOW u have so many different ways u can pk not only on wars and cz like it is in KO u can pvp on arenas 2v2 4v4 ... u can go battlegrounds ( forgot the names :P ) u can try to rush ur enemies in their own lands ;P u r chosing the style of play u can be on pvp server or u can try on pve server where the mainly goal is to finish all available instances where u farm ur pr0 gear and kep getting better to make some opportunity on harder instances Bosses in WOW are totally differnt then in KO in KO its just drainers tankers and healer u keep spaming ur skills in wow u need rly good tactic to kill boses u have to make an amazing coorperation with ur clannies to kill the hardest instances tactics are sometimes very complicated and sometimes u spend on 1 boss few hours b4 u take it dow ;p

sry for my chaotic statement hope u will get my mind:P
    Sounds about right except there's no 4v4 arena
    I'm not saying that the PVP wasn't fun in KO but after learning how to PVP in WoW myself I can honestly say WoW requires 100 times more skill if you want to use your class to it's fullest.
    Let's compare some classes, shall we?

Warrior
    In KO:
    Statwise you just stack hp and str. In PVP you can beat pretty much anyone just by spamming one skill (depending on your gear of course) and you need absolutely no skill to spam that one button.
    Q: What about comboing, it requires skill?
    A: Have you ever watched those babashoppers play? Almost all the servers are full of them and none of them can play properly, yet they pretty much rape you without any kind of effort

in WoW:
    Depending on what kind of PVP you're about to do you need to stack following stats
    Fury: Armor penetration, crit, str (ap) and stamina. Fury is not really a good spec for PVP, unless they make some changes in the talents. It's good in PVE gear for ganking people in battlegrounds but that's about it, you'd need way too many talents from other talent trees to make it effective in the arena so it's not worth it.
    Arms: Armor penetration, str (ap), stamina, crit. A really good spec for PVP, an arms warrior that knows what to do is pretty much impossible to kill unless you happen to be a death knight.
    Protection: Armor penetration, block, defense rating, stamina, str (ap), crit OR Armor penetration, crit, str (ap), stamina. Protection is not that known for PVP but currently it's probably the best spec for warrior PVP wise. It does require some gear but once you have that gear you're unstopable. Playing protection also requires alot of skill.

Rogue
    In KO:
    Minor and/or hp pot spam, 10(?)ish skills that are useful for PVP.
    After the minor nerf rogues became a bit more balanced class (there are still tbl editors who get rid of the minor cooldown). So basically you run stealthed and spike everyone who looks bad geared, then run away or you try kill stealing.
    Obviously not everyone plays like that but it's pretty common nowadays. Rogues require the most skill to play if you want to make NP instead of losing it. It is rare to see a rogue with a good minor combo because it requires good co-operation with your both hands and eyes. (No I'm not talking about jacking off, you perverts)
    Basically you just stack dexterity and nothing else, of course you get hp from uniques and that also gives you more mana.

In WoW:
    I won't bother typing too much about the different specs because I haven't played a rogue for too long so obviously I can't possibly know everything about it. But lets get this started atleast.
    There are 3 specs for PVP, obviously just like every other class. The most common on is mutilate spec which highly relies on keeping your enemy stunned. Personally I love this spec because it's really simple, even for a noobie like me. But! Even the "easiest" spec for rogue requires alot of skill if you want to be do decently well on the arena. By using their cooldowns a good rogue can easily fight against 3 opponents (depending on the class of course.. damn paladins..) and probably kill them all. Since rogues are using energy you can't just spam one skill and hope to kill someone, it just doesn't work. You need to be calm and keep an eye on your energy while you're stunlocking your enemy.
    In battlegrounds rogues are really annoying because they, just like in KO, can use stealth and just choose their opponents.
    As for stats you stack Armor penetration (optional), Attack power (agility), stamina and crit.

Crap, I'll finish this later.. gotta go to work, I'll just post this reply so you guys can QQ how wrong I am. Obviously for pvp resilence is needed but I didn't bother including it there, yet atleast.

EDIT:
    Okay I'm feeling really lazy so I'm not sure if I'll bother comparing priests and mages.
    I guess what I'm trying to say here is, in WoW you have to take in account so many different things unlike in KO where stacking one or two specific stats is enough.
    What makes WoW so much better (for me atleast) are the talent trees that allows you to tweak your character to fit your playstyle. Also the class balance is being monitored all the time and there are changes in every patch if not pvp, atleast pve-wise. Oh yea and I almost totally forgot, you only have 4 classes to choose from in KO but in WoW you have 10 classes so there's something for everyone.

I'm not saying that I'm totally right because people have right to have their own opinions but personally instead of grinding 200+ days of exp to hit lvl 83 in KO I'd prefer spending 2 weeks to hit lvl 80 in WoW. The PVP is really alive and depending on the battlegroup you can keep doing it 24/7 if you want to. What I've heared KO's pvp is almost totally dead on old servers unless it's CSW or Lunar Wars, even then you're most likely facing fully babashopped characters.
    I won't even bother mentioning PVE because KO doesn't really have one.

My bottomline is, you need to be alot more skilled in order to be a successful player in WoW than you need to be in KO.
    I also should've been more specific about the whole thing but there's way too many things to mention so I'm just keeping it fairly simple.

I guess I should add some videos to prove my point.

Mage pvp: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=39506 <- Vurtne, one of the most legendary mages in game. The video was relased 3 years ago but it's still one of the best and funniest mage videos out there.

Priest pvp: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=133081 <- Hydra, probably world's best priest at the moment. Unlike in KO, priests in WoW are either healers or casters.

Warrior pvp: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=121203 <- Gforce, one of the best warriors out there, he's mostly playing arms specced.

Some machinimas worth watching:
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=53953 <- Tales of the Past 3
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=97157 <- The Craft of War
    Last edited by Dark3lf; 12-13-2009 at 12:44 PM.

kamux

KO pvp much more fun

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Tho lolwow is dead, id srsly rather play lolwow than pretend to pk in KO. KO pk in a nutshell is 2 zergs collision happening in bowl and whoever has the best hax, who can stomp pedal faster, who can smash his 1 skill button at the right time or who just has better items, usually wins. Theres close to 0 skill related to KO pvp and is only appealing for some nostalgic gettogether event.

I prolly regret saying this later on but, wow pvp (doesnt matter that its only a XvX event on arena, since wow HAS NO real pvp), is way better than KO ever has. Too bad that the arena system L2 stole from wow died in 3 months>.< Coz i got to hand it to wow, arena rox and in relality, would be the only thing to make me play it, for a week or 2.

Oh yeah and /win topic for 50 posts. Too bad that the reward is bitter.

kslide

ko ftw wow is boring and i hate the controls

PvP doesn't take skill.
    In KO: omg 3rr3rr3rr3rr3rr3rr im a baws
    In WoW its a little more complicated then that but still, pressing buttons isn't hard.
    But overall WoW is better then KO in so many ways, be it lvling, bosses (lol ko bosses), gameplay etc.
    Also the "Free2Play"... yea right... KC+premium is allot, in WoW its only 15$/month.
    Not to mention K2 support vs Blizzard, i remember buying the 500hp or whatever scrolls by accident and i took K2 3 weeks to say sorry can't do that, where in WoW it takes max 3 days to get an answer AND they will actually fix the problem you have.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klkl View Post
    PvP doesn't take skill.
    In KO: omg 3rr3rr3rr3rr3rr3rr im a baws
    In WoW its a little more complicated then that but still, pressing buttons isn't hard.
    But overall WoW is better then KO in so many ways, be it lvling, bosses (lol ko bosses), gameplay etc.
    Also the "Free2Play"... yea right... KC+premium is allot, in WoW its only 15$/month.
    Not to mention K2 support vs Blizzard, i remember buying the 500hp or whatever scrolls by accident and i took K2 3 weeks to say sorry can't do that, where in WoW it takes max 3 days to get an answer AND they will actually fix the problem you have.
    and if WoW gm's DO say no cant do that, u just put in another ticket and 9/10 times ull get a different gm who will say yes lemme get right on that ROFL

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

and when you get hacked in WOW they give you your stuff back!

Also with the authenicator the security is a lot stronger than KO

oh.. here we go again, comparing 2 different games with 2 different goals.. wow is and will always be a more pve game rather than pvp (theres an actual story behind warcraft), while ko will always be pvp game rather than pve. there is no skill or beauty in taking a boss down in ko, but in wow, its the primary goal to take down the hardest boss and get the satisfaction of achive something that other guilds couldnt. that being said, ko however have so many playgrounds including events that ppl can enjoy pvp, pve in ko have only 1 purpose, get higher lvl and better items so they can eventually pk.
    looking both games from the pvp aspect, wow do requires more brains to play, but then again those bg and arena gets boring pretty quick (for me), so i had to go pve a bit to "recharge" the motivation to pk again. ko nowadays is about staying around the biggest party and gangbang the other nation, solo is almost non-existing or pointless since ull get gang'd eventually, but overall still a bit entertaining with different ways/places of pvp.
    imo comparing these games are like counterstrike or battlefield, cs's graphic engine and gameplay has been the same ever since beginning, simple and dynamic, u chose a side and just kill (mostly), and many ppl loved it for that. battlefield however is quite different and advanced (from what i remembered), u gets to chose a side, then ur speciality, and u can drive tanks or fly a flight, but not everyone likes these advances.

to put it short:
    ko ~ simple, solid, most pvp focused, rather short battles (can be extended to endless with 3+ priests)
    wow ~ advanced, big varity, most pve/story focused, tactical, colorful, cooldowns

oh, and about the hacking part, u dont always get ur stuff back in wow, just like in ko u dont always get a compensation, it all depends on the gm, how nice and naive he is. and i dont believe ko is less secured than wow, the high hacking rate in ko is caused by the virtual items value, theres a profit in hacking a ko char, while hacking a wow char is almost pointless, since all the good stuff are bop. yes ko was bad secured in the past, but i dont believe their server is easily penetrated as what it used to be.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I got all my stuff back when i was hacked and so have any of my guildes who have been hacked

The arenas really ruined WoW. People want to flex their epeens and show their "skills" but all it really does is create a new variable to balance skills and items around. Assuming that arenas somehow fit into the storyline (which they don't) implementing them and basically selling them as THE pvp of WoW has totally eclipsed battlegrounds, which are pretty fun and actually fit into the story of wow. Anyways, KO is all about the pk and really not many people even know the story of it (i read it on the site once, but it was kinda dumb and i didnt really remember any of it). The essence of WoW is the story. There are backstories on bosses and zones and cutscenes that progress the story.

Quote Originally Posted by C4pt4iN View Post
    to put it short:

ko ~ simple, solid, most pvp focuse, rather short battles (can be extended to endless with 3+ priests)
    Wrong.- KO is about farming items, it wasnt at the begining but it is now. The only reason ppl go to cz its because they want to farm cz bosses, or that since they have already farmed, they can pk. And money runs KO now, buying and selling items its what most people play this game for.

wow ~ advanced, big varity, most pve/story focused, tactical, colorful, cooldowns.
    Actually it has the same focus on pvp as on pve, the difference in KO you can farm items to PvP, without having to actually PvP, while in wow most of the better suited items for PvP you get them trhu PvPing.

oh, and about the hacking part, u dont always get ur stuff back in wow
    You ALWAYS get your stuff back, within a week unless your request its not a legit one.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Wrong.- KO is about farming items, it wasnt at the begining but it is now. The only reason ppl go to cz its because they want to farm cz bosses, or that since they have already farmed, they can pk. And money runs KO now, buying and selling items its what most people play this game for.
    lol, those ppl farming coz the $ profit, but thats for the money greedy ppl only, if u dont need it, u can just pk, its not a must, just like in wow's AH, the only difference is ko items have real $ value, but thats only coz the good stuff in wow are bop.

Actually it has the same focus on pvp as on pve, the difference in KO you can farm items to PvP, without having to actually PvP, while in wow most of the better suited items for PvP you get them trhu PvPing.
    farming items to pvp without actually pvp, i dont get why the hell u would do that for, coz pvp is the only thing ko offer. as for the wow, u almost said it urself, pvp part of wow is sepreated almost as an optional game, u need to get pvp gear through pvp and all that. sure u can use ur pve gear, but u should know better how much a full resilience gear is gonna help in pvp.

You ALWAYS get your stuff back, within a week unless your request its not a legit one.
    i wont be discussing this any further, if thats ur experience, fine.

romanmarco

so Lets say Pk in ko its more exciting that Wow , however in wow u can enjoy different experiences?

Legit Good Gun Senior Member bladegreat's Avatar

Well WoW wins in everything except one very imporant thing ... The way ur pking, i have never found any game with the same PvP style as in Knight online. Thats the only reason i keep playing it - even tho millions of bugs and so on.

ilanlp

KO but sometimes Wow
    cuz ko had alot of hacker's now ..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    02-19-2010, 11:35 PM