Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

ko or wow

This is a discussion on ko or wow within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; WoW pvp blows, nowhere near frantic enough. If KO fixed the hackers it'd be a great game even with all ...
Page: 5

War_Hunter

WoW pvp blows, nowhere near frantic enough. If KO fixed the hackers it'd be a great game even with all the bugs in it. Seriously tho they should fix some of the spelling mistakes, it's embarassing (Captine? wtf lol)

Agreed with the spelling errors

*Gargoyle Quest Kill 250

You search and search and eventually you find Gagoil.

Like really?

If you are more of a Role Player, definitely WoW.

If you like great PvP and earning your rank. Go go KO.

Acrimony

Quote Originally Posted by ThGuardian View Post
    Agreed with the spelling errors

*Gargoyle Quest Kill 250

You search and search and eventually you find Gagoil.

Like really?

If you are more of a Role Player, definitely WoW.

If you like great PvP and earning your rank. Go go KO.

My point exactly. KO is for PvP and WoW is for role playing :P

Thats why I came back to KO

there is diffrences..

I like rusty spoons Senior Member Holocaust's Avatar

out of those 2 options, i'd say RL

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Currently I am playing both games again. I am playing on a few of the private KO servers so when our server is launched I can have some fun with some old friends. I reactivated my WOW account today and spent a few hours getting reaquanted as I've not been playing for several months.

Now the one thing people always say about WOW is the PvP is poor. Thing is try playing the arena and it opens up a whole new world. The fights are 2 v 2 , 3 v 3 and 5 v 5, they are fast and require excellent skill and team co ordination. Also with the multitude of add ons you can customize how you interact with the game, it makes a difference. Arena is by far the hardest PvP I have ever encountered in any game in 13 years of playing on line games. The normal battle fields are poor which is what most people encounter.

KO's charm is it's simplicity and the massive PvP. What I love about WOW is it's an more complex game with so many different layers of goals and achivements. I enjoy the socal side and raiding , because unlike say doing Felankor in KO you can spend several days with 25 people to do the bigger raids. You need to be so involed it's truley a challange and when you succed it's a great feeling.

My advice is play a decent private server for both games and if you like WOW then invest cash into getting the game and the expansions and try out a few of the different realms. I have owned WOW since 2005 but have not really got into it untill late 08.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Currently I am playing both games again. I am playing on a few of the private KO servers so when our server is launched I can have some fun with some old friends. I reactivated my WOW account today and spent a few hours getting reaquanted as I've not been playing for several months.

Now the one thing people always say about WOW is the PvP is poor. Thing is try playing the arena and it opens up a whole new world. The fights are 2 v 2 , 3 v 3 and 5 v 5, they are fast and require excellent skill and team co ordination. Also with the multitude of add ons you can customize how you interact with the game, it makes a difference. Arena is by far the hardest PvP I have ever encountered in any game in 13 years of playing on line games. The normal battle fields are poor which is what most people encounter.

KO's charm is it's simplicity and the massive PvP. What I love about WOW is it's an more complex game with so many different layers of goals and achivements. I enjoy the socal side and raiding , because unlike say doing Felankor in KO you can spend several days with 25 people to do the bigger raids. You need to be so involed it's truley a challange and when you succed it's a great feeling.

My advice is play a decent private server for both games and if you like WOW then invest cash into getting the game and the expansions and try out a few of the different realms. I have owned WOW since 2005 but have not really got into it untill late 08.
    Knowing that you can never be beaten with your group of PvPs doesn't cause excitement in the game. However in KO, knowing that you are probably the best 8 man party in KO history, you still have a chance of getting raped if like 50 come at you. Hopefully you see the difference, and that the risk and excitement of open PvP instead of dedicated 2v2, 3v3,... PvP is much greater.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Knowing that you can never be beaten with your group of PvPs doesn't cause excitement in the game. However in KO, knowing that you are probably the best 8 man party in KO history, you still have a chance of getting raped if like 50 come at you. Hopefully you see the difference, and that the risk and excitement of open PvP instead of dedicated 2v2, 3v3,... PvP is much greater.

thing is I suck like a $5 whore at arena so I still get the excitement ( well the utter fear of dieing ). WG is a good bit of fun when people are not expoiting bugs. Personally I enjoy doing achivements when I am not raiding as it's just a different aspect of the game that you can do but not oblged too.

maurice

ko for the win way better pk

Felix made a good point.

But i'm all for the more Hack and Slash style of PK that KO offers.

Costro

Never played wow.. KO pwnz:P but at WoW there is better quality, nice graphics .. but still doin' Knight Online!

--
    Succesfull trades: Gascot, Killingfrenzy978(chris).

KO all the way... enough said

Shizniz of it Senior Member Anzac's Avatar

play wow, pay for wow, that's it - no more charges
    play ko, pay for ko, run out of scrolls - buy more KC - can cost alot more

best solution
    pay for wow, and on Tuesday's maintenance play ko, without prem

as of right now wow because ko is unplayable

Back to KO ,

Played wow for 3 years.

Getting back to WoW on catacalysm launch,

Diablo III will pwn both.

But yeah , I don't know . Ko was really great. But WoW is so much more to do.

And the PvP isn't that bad on WoW.

Just some noobs can't play!

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    02-19-2010, 11:35 PM