Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the ko4lympics

This is a discussion on the ko4lympics within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; due to my fondness of sports, the ko4life community and the knight online game i've come up with a fun ...
Page: 1

Default the ko4lympics

due to my fondness of sports, the ko4life community and the knight online game i've come up with a fun basic concept that i'd like to see born into this world
    i dont know if it has been done before but if people are intrested , the tournament could be held like this

1. THE CONCEPT

a 4 round tournament with 16 teams competing for the first place on a low activity moment in arena or a desolate place in cz, a basic 8v8 will count with the concept of the last man standing. A moderate ingame entry fee will be asked to participate, winner, 2nd and 3'd get prizes. It will happen once month, and it will last 1 week.

2. RULES

a. each team will pick a team leader who is in charge of the entry fee and will keep the team posted of when the next match will occur.
    b. all levels,items, voice chats can be used
    c. last man standing principle counts BUT once u die, u stay dead to wait for a rezz => mages can NOT tp from town in cz, they can people around in the the fight but if someone dies, the only way to revive him is to rezz him
    d. there is a limit of 3 persons of the same class in each party, the limit for priests is 2!!! ( example : 2x warrior, 3x rogue, 1x mage, 2x priest)
    e. matchups will be randomly chosen ( see specifics for how this will be done)
    f. each match has a neutral referee who has the authority to declare a match valid or not, each matchup will be frapsed and posted here as proof/entertainment.
    g. each match begins when the referee calls it, the referee will seperate the teams from eachother and give the sign when they can start their battle ( in cz this would be done in voice chat, arena in all chat)
    h. When a date is set this can be changed until 2 days before the matchup, if a team fails to notify the referee or doesnt show up they automatically forfait the battle and lose the entrance fee
    i. Teams can be put together from various clans or the same clan

if more important rules appear, this will be updated

3. SPECIFICS

teamleaders of the participating teams send me a message here to enter the tournament, you can withdraw up to 4 days before the first matchup ( u will get a headsup early enough for the first match) if this has not been properly done, the team forfaits, loses the entrance fee and one of the reserve teams ( if any ) will get their spot. When they send me their message, they include the 8 classes, names, and mutual dates they could play in a set time period, i will give their team a number , from these numbers the matchups will be chosen, when ALL the matchups have been picked the matches will start until we have a winner.

example :entry fee : 240 mil ( = 30 mil/ member in the team)
    first prize : 20 gb
    second prize :16 gb
    third prize : 2 gb

i will not participate in the event to keep the neutral level, NEVER give someone the entrance fee who says he is me, if i did not guide you through it on ventrilo, everything will be ss'ed and is 100% safe if you follow this rule

keep playing with the concept, planned on doin it myself but now that i see this on paper i know i wont have the time to do it
    Last edited by Boeren; 01-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Step asid noob i got this Senior Member diablos13us's Avatar

Sounds Awsome hope it can be organized well and that is spreads like wildfire

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

16 teams x 2,4 gb/each entrance fee = 38,4 gb prize pool

1st gets 16 gbs
    2nd gets 8 gbs
    3rd gets 4 gbs

total prize 28 gbs

10,4 gbs left for the promoter?

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    16 teams x 2,4 gb/each entrance fee = 38,4 gb prize pool

1st gets 16 gbs
    2nd gets 8 gbs
    3rd gets 4 gbs

total prize 28 gbs

10,4 gbs left for the promoter?
    ya 0 gbs should be left over
    otherwise its rigged and everyone will bitch about u like we are now

Banned Senior Member

Looks ... kinda ... suspicious ...

Like i said in a different topic with a similar design premise.

KO is not a very difficult game. It has a very low skill ceiling, and most of the game is luck based. Saying that one players is better than another because he got out of place and duffed/jumped is not a accurate representation of skill.

Also, you spelled forfeit wrong.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernal View Post
    Like i said in a different topic with a similar design premise.

KO is not a very difficult game. It has a very low skill ceiling, and most of the game is luck based. Saying that one players is better than another because he got out of place and duffed/jumped is not a accurate representation of skill.

Also, you spelled forfeit wrong.
    Oh , the irony

im not a native english speaker, can only do my best :d
    well i came up with it like an hour ago, prices and shit arent optimalised but i thought it through a lil and judging every single match takes time, timing the matches, checking every vid, commenting it... investing 2.4 gb when u can win 16 gb... not that bad imo^^ anyways still open to suggestions :d
    and fuck you aviv you sound suspicious u turk!

btw ethernal ko isnt that easy either.... and to take out a whole time requires some skill anyways, + the prize money just ups the stakes, poker is a very easy game if ur not playing for money

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

Are the remaining 10,4 gbs going to you?

like i said, prices arent optimised, i just put on some numbers which were easily divided by 8 , so to answer your question : no
    was planning to do this for free but now that ive thought about how much time this thing is gna cost, maybe its a better suggestion for someone else to do
    keep on playing with the idea tho cuz its really one hell of an idea^^

Ñ∞ß² Senior Member

It looks good on paper. I would like some gear and scrolls restrictions though.

Little archer Senior Member

doing my common wall-of-text quick inspection, i could not find info on the server / ko this would take place onto.

i read it involves real gb pricing so it must be a official server? not all of us play official servers / have zone specific chars...

meh

no no this can be run on any kind of server.... just raise the stakes so its not just another fight in cz
    hell it can even be done in any zone... its just a semi worked idea that neads some details to work
    and machiavelli gear restrictions is really hard to pull off or u gota go to one of the private servers with it

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

looks like a good idea and a fun event, wont be easy making it tho, and about the gear diff thing shouldnt be a problem since a good teamplay can make up for gear.

Little archer Senior Member

so we would have to pay usd by pp? because gbs are worthless in private servers lol

i always wanted to make VS / party events in case i ever became king in cwest or anywhere... never could run though lol

that was before prem only could vote...

generally these ideas are cool but i dont think itll work :|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast