Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the ko4lympics

This is a discussion on the ko4lympics within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i do think it will work because i have done it before back in the days when i had more ...
Page: 2

i do think it will work because i have done it before back in the days when i had more time, it was something like this but in another game.
    but it has to be planned to the last detail or it will indeed go wrong, but i can assure u , u feel amazing when u win

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

I've seen tons of these tournament style ideas over the years and I could be wrong but I don't think 1 was ever successfully pulled off, at least on a grand scale, as I'm sure there have been a few tiered vs's. Of course it would be awsome. To me the only way it could work (and this is a long shot) is if you did this with a gm. The only place gms exist is in euko, but you would have to find one that actaully knows how to play knight online, so there is your first obstacle. A regular player cannot in any situation prevent another player from butting in and attacking, but a gm could at the very least be announcing things on the message board such as "anyuone who interferes with the tounament will be banned" etc.. I suppose the one leading the touney could pm the 2 next contestants a place to meet, like the anals of cz or abyss or something like that, but that takes the fun out of it, because being able to spectate the event seems like half the fun. Also if the touney was offically sanctioned then you'd reach out to a lot more contestants, and it might even be a nice full day event. The gm could even give out item prizes to the winners. Now that I'm thinking about it I feel like something like this did actually happen officially some time ago? Maybe I'm getting it confused with I think it was like an obstacle course of some sort and the winners got prizes? I'm not sure cuz I never participated.

edit: and forget private servers as the prizes would be meaningless, uinless everyone agreed to pool in paypal but I doubt that would work because taht would limit younger players/anyone without pp from participating

Little archer Senior Member

my idea for a king vs event was to bodyblock the entrance to the indoor arena with 10x warriors

kill anyone that is interfering inside

and leave only the contestants there... looks easy on paper

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    my idea for a king vs event was to bodyblock the entrance to the indoor arena with 10x warriors

kill anyone that is interfering inside

and leave only the contestants there... looks easy on paper

A good idea if the long shot gm thing didn't pan out. It would at least solve the organization issue with the chat.

I just see two problems: people couldn't watch the matches happen which seems like a big part of the fun. If people were allowed in then theres the issue of whos allowed in who isn't. Secondly you can get into the arena from server 2

edit: Also a gm sanctioned event would deter people from using hacks in vs's

edit2: I'd love to see a day of 8v8 then another day of 2v2 and 1v1 etc. Also no skill restrictions what so ever, it just gets too retarded everyone nitpicking about what skill is fair and what isn't
    Last edited by gregg; 01-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

even if they relogged to s2, they would die and be outside again

people could watch the matches from outside. in the gray arena with the thing in the center

I think holding it as a public event would always be destined for failure, too many scrubs around who would just want too ruin it. Maybe if the place of the 8v8 isn't public news but got 3-4 dudes on the outside frapsing then knocked up a real nicely editted vid, could work. Could end up with every round frapsd and editted until you have a grand final, would be pretty badass i know i'd be down.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    I think holding it as a public event would always be destined for failure, too many scrubs around who would just want too ruin it. Maybe if the place of the 8v8 isn't public news but got 3-4 dudes on the outside frapsing then knocked up a real nicely editted vid, could work. Could end up with every round frapsd and editted until you have a grand final, would be pretty badass i know i'd be down.
    agreed...

Honestly ANY kind of KO tournament would be ruined by everyone that just wants to interfere...

I think the best idea would be someone to organize a "private" private server where only accounts for participants are made then just some random guy fraps the whole thing. But thats like killing a fly with a bazooka.

So best idea is go into CZ go into a secret spot where no one knows where it will be and have people VS each other there. Some like like the falcon cul de sac or golem valley..

Sigh i wish ko had GG names for their locations

Maybe could host it on 2 different servers, say get 8 teams, 4 orc 4 human from EUKO Europa and the same from C-west, battle it out on there servers till you have 1 team from each, then host the finals on a private server

Get each member of the 2 final teams to front 30-40 bucks each then use the winnings to buy gbs for the team that wins on there server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12