Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KOXP IS BACK

This is a discussion on KOXP IS BACK within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; "We're sorry, in an effort to combat the immense KOXP usage, we have temporarily disabled all skills. We are working ...
Page: 2

"We're sorry, in an effort to combat the immense KOXP usage, we have temporarily disabled all skills. We are working our hardest to re-enable them. Sorry for the inconvienance.

- The Knight Online Team"

Originally posted by Shurt
    "We're sorry, in an effort to combat the immense KOXP usage, we have temporarily disabled all skills. We are working our hardest to re-enable them. Sorry for the inconvienance.

- The Knight Online Team"
    if arrow shower multi shot ever disabled u will jus start to see the real cheaters come out spamable spike spam 1920 warrior spamming scream or better yet lvl 80 skill

dont underestimate how easy that is its just i say again koxp is candey for turks it keeps them busy and away from db hacking or injecting etc.....

ChosenAngel

Originally posted by Niro
    Just disable arrow shower/multishot and the main problem is fixed.
    this is how K2 thinks thats why there isnt select character, quests, FT etc etc
    they just really need active gms but that will take ages to happen

on manes theres like a gm on constantly banning people.. its crazy all of a sudden a gm appeared and hes banning everyone. I thought it was random generated names or something but there was some noob koxping in cz and 10 mins later he got a ban

OLD1953

Guys, get a grip.

Just check the KOXP forum every day or so, they announce it when they have a patch that goes around the latest XTRAP patch. Stay out of CZ until you see XTRAP screwing up again, when it gets patched.

Dunno why they have so much trouble with stopping this. Hell, gimme the launcher source code, I can cobble up some checks for the correct DLL's that'll make life hell for the KOXP programmers in a week or two.

I'd encrypt some (not all) of the data passed between functions in those DLL's and the main program, with an encryption key that was based on a bastard checksum process on each DLL that skipped over bytes and summed others in a psuedo random sequence - crap, base in on the digits of pi or e. Even one byte out of place in that DLL, and BOOM, program won't load any more. END OF KOXP.

Every time you update, you'll have to update the launcher where the DLL checksums are stored, and the DLL's you changed, but that's a damn small price to pay, IMHO.

JEEZ, I haven't been a developer for YEARS, and this one looks like a piece of cake to me.

oTEXo2

Originally posted by DontBanMe
    /ban turks
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12