Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

KOXP character sales

This is a discussion on KOXP character sales within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; how about the guy adds some1's msn, and shows him shit there...sure some guys may not ask for this. but ...
Page: 3

how about the guy adds some1's msn, and shows him shit there...sure some guys may not ask for this. but if we made ALL users aware that he should ask for these 5 peices of infos, and SS and shit it would be gd.... also maybe an ss of him hitting 80?
    cos i know for sure, every1 who hits 80 takes an ss

hell, i even took and ss when i hit 60 in new server :P

Just have them post their stats, but just not the name. It would be obvious if they koxped because then they would have around 5k nps or under, or just have all rental gear and quest accessories.[/b]
    I dont know I kinda went crazy when np medals was around so I striped all of my characters nps lol, I sure theres some other people who did the same. But i also agree the little np mostly means that they r koxped

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

i think we should ask for a screenshot with stats and a special message in it like "hey ko4life. this was made at 1st of july".

i dont think there is a possibility to stop selling of koxped char at this site. infos about nps, lvl history, registration day of acc etc cant be proven 100%. to say name and clan might cause a bann and isnt a solution too. all we could do it to give members of this forum a FAQ for buy/sell accounts/chars and keep telling players to ask for important infos about this char. a good way might be a forum/topic where members could ask everybody about a name and if hes legit. in this topic u should only post a real proof. perhaps its possibil to change settings of this forum so members cant see posts of other members and topic starter will get a summary after a certain time.

These are all great suggestions, just need to hurry and get these rules finalized.

Screenshot which includes:

-Name
    -National Points
    -Quests done (We know Koxpers dont do any Quests)
    -Further equip ? (To check at KOK?)

jpo183

There is no way to prove this. KOK is buggy and isnt always 100% correct.

You take your chance on buying a char thats been koxp. which should mean ALL prices for chars will be low.

Hence I pay 20$ for 70-75 rogue

Well, the nps thing is stupid because we all know that the guy can just say he stripped the nps with medals/ and or donated to his clan. (Unless on Ionia where there isn't medals) & not very many clans donate. I think former clan must be mentioned, hardly anyone levels to 80 solo, and the suggestion of taking an ss of the registration date is great although they could just log on an older account.

im just gonna go ahead and think you mean 'a bought account' and there is a large difference, one has a high chance of being banned after the purchase, the other has a very small chance....

this clearly isnt a topic about stoping koxpers, its obvoiusly about stopping koxpers selling there characters, so that our community isnt at risk of getting fucked over after spending 100+ usd on an account.[/b]
    Agree on your point, it sucks badly wen a charc gets banned after you paid for it.
    It is hard to see if some person has botted an account to 80 or not.

A option?
    - Not allow to sell a character without having 5 vouchers(The seller must collect 5 vouchs before starting an topic, this 5 are responsible for the seller)

Of course the buyer will contact all this 5 vouchers to be sure they are really his vouchers :unsure:

you should also check the date the account was registered.. I don't think anyone should have lvl 80 characters on a 2 week-old account :P[/b]
    After seeing your post I suggested a similar(and more complex) version of this in our hidden forums.

Would clean out people who try to NCS on brand new accounts.

A option?
    - Not allow to sell a character without having 5 vouchers(The seller must collect 5 vouchs before starting an topic, this 5 are responsible for the seller)[/b]
    Vouches mean absolutely nothing, even if the 5 are responsible, that does not mean the guy selling would not scam, or still possibly be selling a koxped char.

Vouches mean absolutely nothing, even if the 5 are responsible, that does not mean the guy selling would not scam, or still possibly be selling a koxped char.[/b]
    Ban all this 5 vouchers and the account seller?

6 less members but the forum is scammers and kxpers free, ppl wont give their vouch fast becouse they take a risk for ban.

Ban all this 5 vouchers and the account seller?

6 less members but the forum is scammers and kxpers free, ppl wont give their vouch fast becouse they take a risk for ban.[/b]
    Not like they are ip banned, they can just log on a different account, & as I said, this does not mean that the character in question is still not koxped.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

How about you finagle your forum, so that all character sales topics go to a hidden review forum. This way character sellers can put ALL the info in it, and the mods can check it out, and then delete the info and re-route it back to it's forum. It's a little extra work, but you could tell the seller's that it may take a few days, this way everyone isn't so bogged down. Just the existence of such a filtering method would root out the koxpers, making your jobs easier from the get-go. =]

zrocker0404

Make a rule to ASK for permission from Ko4life mods to let you sell the char. You send a full SS of the char to make sure its legit, they can check KoK, and if it looks legit, then the mod posts it for them or something. The mod will know whether or not its k0xped and if it isnt he doesnt have to give out the name on here.

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

Make a rule to ASK for permission from Ko4life mods to let you sell the char. You send a full SS of the char to make sure its legit, they can check KoK, and if it looks legit, then the mod posts it for them or something. The mod will know whether or not its k0xped and if it isnt he doesnt have to give out the name on here.[/b]
    i think this is a bad idea. mods shouldnt be involved in char trades. system need to work without activ part from mods. the only job mods should do is to react and investigate but they shouldnt be a part of account salling at all <_<

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast