General overview of KO's future

This is a discussion on General overview of KO's future within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi all, I've been around here for a while now, playing this game from the beta with several breaks till ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default General overview of KO's future

Hi all,

I've been around here for a while now, playing this game from the beta with several breaks till now.
    Playing from Ares, Diez, Manes, Girakon to C-West now..
    There have been good times and times where hacks where actually ruining the game. Merchant hacks, trade hacks, arrow shower hack in PvP, dupes and alot more.
    Currently, I notice a high amount of counter strike spamming archers in the PvP area nowadays, and ofcourse still wallhacking.

Now this has probably been discussed numerous times, but I would like to have some constructive posts. We all know KO is programmed in an old code, and that fixes brings in more bugs. But does anyone still have hope that one day they fix all of this? There should be a solution to most of this I reckon.. Moving things server side seems a good idea, but my knowledge about these kind of things is lacking.
    Is there still hope?

Discuss!

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

I still have hope. Also been playing since the betas

Old days FTW.

By making some skills fully server sided they can fix most of the problems.
    Dupes on the other hand and such will keep appearing, but most private servers patched almost all old bugs in 1/4 the time it took Mgames to do it.

if they do server side the skills i think maybe a lot of the koxp may go down. Just gonna have to wait for that one patch everyone is talking about

as for duping etc i think it will always be around

I don't think we will see any serious improvement unless another company takes over.

Anal Rapist Senior Member

Nahh.. won't happen mate, been like this since the begginin and it won't change. On the other hand, look up on sexyko , their gettin an emulator to use Usko's files .. Let the fun begin !

Banned Senior Member

So moving all skills server side would be a major fix. If it is this simple, why aren't they doing this? I know they might be lazy and not putting much effort in making the game better. But this should be something simple right?

What would be the odds of an other company taking over? Would any company see any potential in Knight-Online these days? I suppose not with all these other major MMORPG's around. Also, does anyone know what the value of the company is anyway?

Banned

future of ko?
    sooner or later every1 will have to decide if he will start to cheat or leave ko for good, no room for legit playing.
    all the hopes which were givin to k2 failed, if they did not put up any anti-cheat protection in like 1 year, i dont belive this will ever happen.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eldar View Post
    future of ko?
    sooner or later every1 will have to decide if he will start to cheat or leave ko for good, no room for legit playing.
    all the hopes which were givin to k2 failed, if they did not put up any anti-cheat protection in like 1 year, i dont belive this will ever happen.
    1 year? try about 3... and they are still pushing the b.s. but k2 has accepted the inevidibility that cheating will always be there, and players dont seem 2 not want 2 keep paying, so why should they care as long as they are making money Oo

Banned

3 years ago cheating in ko wasnt at this level, no way dude
    yes 3 years ago there were cheaters aswell, but it was bunch of individuals with totally noobish gear on. loook at current cheaters.
    thats why i mention last year, maybe it lil more, i ment the point where cheaters became totaly fearless, wont get baned, when k2 just gave up (tho they keep bullshiting that they are not) of any actions against cheaters. that may be 1 / 1,5 year
    and if u talking about making money out of ko, its not k2 anymore, its HF team iam sure about that

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avatero View Post
    So moving all skills server side would be a major fix. If it is this simple, why aren't they doing this?
    not all... just counter strike and power shot

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    not all... just counter strike and power shot
    They still need to fix other ones such as all warrior skills since they now use no mana.

Quote Originally Posted by CkkJl2 View Post
    They still need to fix other ones such as all warrior skills since they now use no mana.
    wait so warrior s are screwed up right now also? i thought was just a stun bug or somethng like that

nah hes talking about making warrior skills server side, because with koxp u can make it so warrior skills use no mana, therefore waste no money on pots etc.

Also they have pretty much the range of an archer nowadays -.-