Lagging

This is a discussion on Lagging within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone else lagging? It's pretty annoying, everyone will stop running (while im running) then 2-5 seconds later everyone is running ...
Page: 1

PayForMySinS

Default Lagging

Anyone else lagging?
    It's pretty annoying, everyone will stop running (while im running) then 2-5 seconds later everyone is running again (but ahead of me) and then continues every 20-40 seconds...Is anyone else getting this or just me?

ResTrikteD

Default Re: Lagging

Originally posted by PayForMySinS
    Anyone else lagging?
    It's pretty annoying, everyone will stop running (while im running) then 2-5 seconds later everyone is running again (but ahead of me) and then continues every 20-40 seconds...Is anyone else getting this or just me?
    Its your internet. Same thing was happening to me until I called my ISP. Somthing had gone wrong with the wiring in or to (Thats what they said) my tap. Try calling your ISP and asking them to run a test. Also, it could be a modem/router fuking up. Try using a friends or old one and see if it gets better.

morax

Are you running norton antivirus - i had the same problem, moved to AVG and everything was fine. Dont know what the problem was but my norton really hated KO, it caused some pretty bad freezes then next thing i knew id been runover by about 100 humans.

Damn annoying

PayForMySinS

Default Re: Lagging

Originally posted by ResTrikteD+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ResTrikteD)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-PayForMySinS
    Anyone else lagging?
    Its your internet. Same thing was happening to me until I called my ISP. Somthing had gone wrong with the wiring in or to (Thats what they said) my tap. Try calling your ISP and asking them to run a test. Also, it could be a modem/router fuking up. Try using a friends or old one and see if it gets better.[/b]
    I'll do that, i've tried 3 different modems and it still happens :angry:

tolgahan

as morax says if you use antivirus or firewall ,they can make your connection slower

Originally posted by morax
    Are you running norton antivirus - i had the same problem, moved to AVG and everything was fine. Dont know what the problem was but my norton really hated KO, it caused some pretty bad freezes then next thing i knew id been runover by about 100 humans.

Damn annoying
    Im having the same problem since around.. Edana launched. Its not freeze, its lag. The conflicts with Norton AV and KO came a couple months ago, and it was easily fixed by disable Norton AV. But this is different, sometimes the lags comes between 5~10 mins, sometimes up to 1 hour before it lags again, and when it lags too much it simply DC.

I never had this problem till Edana launched (not sure its Edana that caused it, but it started around that time). :angry:

Oh btw, when I start lagging, everyone just standing and not moving, while I can move around freely, except Im not really moving on the server side, so if I lags at 12, and running way back + poting, Im mostly dead when it stops lagging..

Cava

Originally posted by C4pt4iN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C4pt4iN)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-morax

Damn annoying
    Im having the same problem since around.. Edana launched. Its not freeze, its lag. The conflicts with Norton AV and KO came a couple months ago, and it was easily fixed by disable Norton AV. But this is different, sometimes the lags comes between 5~10 mins, sometimes up to 1 hour before it lags again, and when it lags too much it simply DC.

I never had this problem till Edana launched (not sure its Edana that caused it, but it started around that time). :angry:

Oh btw, when I start lagging, everyone just standing and not moving, while I can move around freely, except Im not really moving on the server side, so if I lags at 12, and running way back + poting, Im mostly dead when it stops lagging..[/b]
    thats a standard lag spike. always happens to me when there's too much dot damage

Originally posted by Cava
    thats a standard lag spike. always happens to me when there's too much dot damage *
    Yes, its a lag spike, but not standard lag spike. When it start lagging I lose contact with server for 10~20 secs (modem and router not blinking), and I never had that kind of lag spike before.

Forgot to mention, when it start lagging everything else works perfectly, MSN, browse websites, download, anything!

tolgahan

need a good connection per a computer.but not much for KO.
    i dont know if Ko servers has a probLem..

Cava

Originally posted by C4pt4iN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C4pt4iN)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cava
    thats a standard lag spike. always happens to me when there's too much dot damage *
    Yes, its a lag spike, but not standard lag spike. When it start lagging I lose contact with server for 10~20 secs (modem and router not blinking), and I never had that kind of lag spike before.

Forgot to mention, when it start lagging everything else works perfectly, MSN, browse websites, download, anything![/b]
    urm -edit- sorry wasn't thinking through llol... anyway i duno... but i've had weird lags lately too.. :wacko:

Originally posted by tolgahan
    need a good connection per a computer.but not much for KO.
    i dont know if Ko servers has a probLem..
    Whatever it is, the problem is definitely from K2 side, since not only 1 complaining about this problem. But then again, it seens only a few got this problem, or maybe most ppl constantly having lag spikes everyday so they dont notice it or used to it :lol:

PS: the complains started 1 week ago already http://www.ko4life.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1089

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

I am having huge lag spikes here too since yesterday. Tested the internet conection and it is good. Downloads good...........just knight lagging.

tolgahan

i have 512 Kbps internet connection and 13 computers in int. cafe .After 3 or 4 computer start to play Ko and other use internet ,lag starts.