Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Legacy server

This is a discussion on Legacy server within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Gollum not they wont get 80 easily, but lvl 75 u can do in 2 weeks ....... ...
Page: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    not they wont get 80 easily, but lvl 75 u can do in 2 weeks .......
    lol couple of months for a person like me, got more important stuff then being in a game 24/7 for 2 weeks lol

This will probably deal with your average 11year old koxper since once they're banned, they won't have any way back. Unfortunately, it won't handle gold farmers. They'll just make a tonne of accounts and keep making them every day, 6 months later they'll have accounts that can be used in the new server. And since they've been making new accounts every day for the last 6 months, they'll be able to log in every day. Gold farmers may even make more than one account per day, so regardless of if their banned on the new server, they'll have an abundance of accounts left to log in with. I wouldn't doubt they'd do this either.

shnizel

Quote Originally Posted by Blast_Radius View Post
    This will probably deal with your average 11year old koxper since once they're banned, they won't have any way back. Unfortunately, it won't handle gold farmers. They'll just make a tonne of accounts and keep making them every day, 6 months later they'll have accounts that can be used in the new server. And since they've been making new accounts every day for the last 6 months, they'll be able to log in every day. Gold farmers may even make more than one account per day, so regardless of if their banned on the new server, they'll have an abundance of accounts left to log in with. I wouldn't doubt they'd do this either.

Good point.

Server1 premium only, lets see them open non stop acc

Montezuma

You guys don't relize how long 6 months is do you? So much can happen to a server in 6 months.

only plat and gold available

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    You guys don't relize how long 6 months is do you? So much can happen to a server in 6 months.
    +1

i remember long time ago there was like 1 month without hacks, and it was so good, legit clans could get fela isi and all the bosses, people could farm in places that they couldn't coz of hackers...

even if they will do it, after they will be banned or ran out of accounts, they will give up

I think they should make the legacy server as it is now, but have a premium restriction. A 6 month old account is required to login and also you need premium to login to the legacy server (Bronze, Gold, Plat, whatever they deem fit)

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Soundz like really good idea to me.
    but also soundz like an utopia to me

(hack free server i mean)

Banned

i think this would be a epic failure if they did it :S

I think they should make the legacy server as it is now, but have a premium restriction. A 6 month old account is required to login and also you need premium to login to the legacy server (Bronze, Gold, Plat, whatever they deem fit)
    there gona need prem to login anyways.... so bb.

wawh

Exactly how they're gonna stop them making accounts?

IP ban => proxy
    E-mail=> change email (lol)
    Some hardware code w/e => bypass

"Good" idea but simply not possible
    To decrease the cheating to a mere 20% or less, they should just put P2P.. cheaters will give up eventually, well if someone or something bans them which no one or nothing does xD
    But ofcourse, k2 stays k2

GxD

so much servers at usko

rasta

Makes no sense to me. If the ip of the cheater gets banned he just uses a proxy or if he's got a dynamic ip he restarts his connection. If the cheater's account gets banned he just makes a new one or likely takes an old already existing inactive account.

That's just lame business by k2 trying to make a win - win situation. New server and new promises (which of course will not be held). In my opinion the two anti cheater rules (stated above) should apply to every server. Making more servers only will split up the population once more and make the servers emptier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
    sounds like a great idea to prevent cheating, but it will never really work... 6 months is just too long. this basically means that if you can join the server, you have already spent at least 6 months in another server.. why would you move?
    +1. in 6months u can do a lot. why lose all that just to move to anothere server. and it'll only have 6month delay. once an account is eligible the cheaters will rush right in. so 6months after its created the rush of koxpers/farmers will ruin the server's market. ta da. a quick fix

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234