Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

A Legit Conversation with a GM

This is a discussion on A Legit Conversation with a GM within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well, in the 5 years I have played this game, I have NEVER had an actual conversation with a GM. ...
Page: 1

Default A Legit Conversation with a GM

Well, in the 5 years I have played this game, I have NEVER had an actual conversation with a GM. I was on euko Europa talking to Kanne. I tried talking to him about my FPS problem that it seems many people are having. He wants me to send him a ticket of the issue and send a video of my fps so they can see the problem. Whether anything actually happens, I am actually impressed with that customer service.. For the first time ever.

yea, that FPS problem sucks. In most private server's my FPS is pretty good and actually good to play on. But on USKO it's simply terrible for me, i've reached below 5 FPS in cz, and then im not even speaking about moradon in server 1... Let's hope they really are going to take a closer look, and atleast get their lazy asses up to do something.
    MyFreedos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFreedos View Post
    Well, in the 5 years I have played this game, I have NEVER had an actual conversation with a GM. I was on euko Europa talking to Kanne. I tried talking to him about my FPS problem that it seems many people are having. He wants me to send him a ticket of the issue and send a video of my fps so they can see the problem. Whether anything actually happens, I am actually impressed with that customer service.. For the first time ever.
    What impresses me is that you actually talked to a GM, I've been playing here since right after the beta and I've talked to 1 GM so far, that gm was just a waste of time and did not do hes work even if 5 ppl pmed him the same problem, people even wrote it at the homepage. So how many Gms are there at euko?

summer interns are the best gms for KO

Well, idk how many there truly are, but even talking to one has been nice. I can post pics of the pm's if people do not believe me (which I know will happen lol)... I will make the video of my problem tonight to send to the gm.

Little archer Senior Member

whats your hardware? there's no reason to get such low fps on ko.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    whats your hardware? there's no reason to get such low fps on ko.
    Uh, 3.6 ghz with a nvidia geforce 500 card.. And I have 8 gigs of ram. So yeah, its shitty and doesn't make any sense at all lol.

Back in the older days of KOL, Back during Fire Drake Days....The Gm's at that time era, would actually be online, walking around with players in search for Koxpers.....If there was an area to check....many players would walk with him to that location....He/she would actually sit down and have full scale conversations with you....At this time era the only thing bad about koxper was the rogue shooting arrows out of their daggers.

I have chatted with several GM's thru the years here....I only came across one that wasn't so polite, but the rest were awesome, with great attitudes....Gaming friendly type of person, and did take the time to chat with you thru a PM.

Thru the years the hacks have gotten more aggressive, and harder to contained....And the game has been getting popular around the world and more and more players interested in playing the game, in which has become one of their favorite online game.....Today's GM's are not enough to go around and cover all the servers....But they do tend to do their best.....One of the smartest moves was adding in the sheriff system, in which it will help the Game Masters, to locate exactly what types of hacks they are dealing with....Such as speed hacks, walls hacks, botters, and now we have a new one which another sheriff calls them a ghost because they actually move faster that the person with a speed hack and the only way to catch them is thru a video recording.

Little archer Senior Member

Uh, 3.6 ghz with a nvidia geforce 500 card.. And I have 8 gigs of ram. So yeah, its shitty and doesn't make any sense at all lol.
    what vid card model

just reinstall mobo chipset and gpu drivers and it should fix it afaik

are u fucking kidding me that you are impressed with support from gm that log for damn 15 mins per week or two?

Yeah I am also having the same problem and my PC is not bad at all. 6 gigs of RAM, 2GB vid card Nvidia geforce and I still get bad fps when I play with graphic options at max which is totally ridiculous.

Note: When I play WoW on maximum graphics I get 0 screen freeze and my fps are doing great... why is KO not running properly ? - I don't know! And the requirements for KO are way lower than WoW requirements. I've always had this problem! - a few times tried private servers which were working perfect and had absolutely no problem like that, but usko / euko.. not working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Options View Post
    Note: When I play WoW on maximum graphics I get 0 screen freeze and my fps are doing great... why is KO not running properly ? - I don't know!

In my opinion it is because this is 10 years old game, with old game code, was made for old direct-x and totaly difrent computer/cards (barely support 2 cores from some time), ATM KO just can handle at max 25 % of power of my Geforce with 1920 x1080 resolution and double sreens.

@OP
    Don't be impressed yet. Be impressed when they actually do something.

@Razor
    I am impressed that Razor is able to try to help ppl and not instantly flame or post spam. GOOD JOB. Keep it up. But i already had an extensive talk with OP about his system and what he could do to improve it.

@Tenisha
    Well don't be alarmed cause yesterday i think i saw a rogue with a bow first shooting then hitting with his bow and then hearing the drain sound. Can't be 100% sure cause only seen this once and it could be another rogue that was there and just drained the instant i saw the rogue hitting with the bow.

@Option
    Yah i played wow also and when testing the max fps i could get with my 2x 8800gtx in sli setup i got between 150-300 FPS in wow with all options on max depending on wich area. I did alot of tinkering to get these kind of FPS tho. I did turn it down a bit cause this many FPS is totaly not needed.

@Everyone
    I also had an extensive talk to Kanne wich i ended with mixed feelings. He kept calling me Kid while i already said i'm totally no kid and do not appreciate being called one. He did however told me that they are working on it and promiced me it would get better. I also asked about the official forums wich he said i just have to wait. I also told him i a willing to help by making full HD ingame video of cheaters then posting them on the now not existing forum. I however already uploaded 25 cheater vids 2 month ago ad still see them running around the server.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    what vid card model
    GeForce GT 520 | Features | GeForce
    That is my video card, I thought it was a 500 model but its actually a gt 520...

As far as why am I impressed? Well, maybe not as impressed as I am surprised. I actually felt like a customer instead of a slave to this game for once, and I feel like the 100 negative the gm probably gets as soon as he logs in doesn't exactly encourage him to want to log on again. Not really wanted to defend a gm... but at least he is trying...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast