i just need some quick help with registering a symbol

This is a discussion on i just need some quick help with registering a symbol within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i know i'm doing something wrong and i just need help really quick. it's my first time registering a knight ...
Page: 1

suicide_dela

Default i just need some quick help with registering a symbol

i know i'm doing something wrong and i just need help really quick. it's my first time registering a knight symbol for my clan.
    what i did was, take the symbol i had and i put it in the folder called symbol_us. i named my symbol "symbol.bmp" cuz that's what it said to do. it didn't work so someone in the clan said to delete the old icon in there that was named symbol. i did. then i named mine "symbol" instead of "symbol.bmp". after that, every time i went to the person where u register the symbol it said that knight online was bugged and it closed the game. the symbol that i am using is a JPG file does that matter?
    can anyone help me figure out what i'm doing wrong? it kept bugging out so i uninstalled the game and i'm reinstalling it right now. any help would be nice. thanks in advance.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

u go to the mantel person and u pay 5mil to get it changed to what u saved as symbol.bmp...itll give a preview of what is currently symbol.bmp before u say ok

yes it matters that ist a jpg file...it tells u to save it as a bmp file for a reason

once again i lose hope in humanity :rollseyes:

ya it has to be a .bmp file and be 32x32 pixels

gravedigga_bg

It cannot be a jpg file and be named symbol.bmp. Its either .jpg or .bmp extension.

Originally posted by gravedigga_bg
    It cannot be a jpg file and be named symbol.bmp. Its either .jpg or .bmp extension.
    not true...save it as .jpg then once its in the folder single click the name that will say symbol and change it to symbol.bmp ...itll really be symbol.bmp.jpg and be a .jpg file...hence why he was able to have to symbol.bmp files(and why his friend told him to delete one) he really had 1 real symbol.bmp and 1 fake one that simply had the name but was really a jpg file

gravedigga_bg

What i meant was all that matteres is the extension in the end (.jpg - JPG file or .bmp - BMP file).

What i meant was all that matteres is the extension in the end (.jpg - JPG file or .bmp - BMP file).
    doesnt always show if ur a noob with comps and go by just what u see...all hell see is symbol.bmp...but really its symbol.bmp.jpg

gravedigga_bg

If u reply to me 1 more time i'll kick u

rawr h43r:

gravedigga_bg

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-gravedigga_bg
    rawr h43r:[/b]
    *kick*, *kick*, *punch*, *mavashi geri*

suicide_dela

i got it to work. thanks guys