Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Letter From The Producer

This is a discussion on Letter From The Producer within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Greetings Knights, I just wanted to take a moment to speak to you regarding some of the recent issues that ...
Page: 1

Greetings Knights,

I just wanted to take a moment to speak to you regarding some of the recent issues that we have faced in Knight Online. Know that your cries have not fallen on deaf ears.

Our greatest concerns at this time are the recent monster drop rate that occurred after the last maintenance, disconnection issues that some players are facing, and our ongoing struggle to keep up with speedhackers. While we are working closely with our developer to solve these quickly and decisively, I want to take this opportunity to explain where we are with each one currently.

The last patch included a fix for a quest bug and the long awaited fix to the drop rate of Opals, Sapphires, and Crystals. Despite undergoing our usual battery of rigorous QA testing, however, the live servers ended up with an increased drop rate for unique and high class items. In response, we brought the servers down for more testing and investigation, during which time we were hard at work with Mgame to patch the game. After multiple unsuccessful patches, however, it was decided that this fix should go back to the developer for extended coding and patching before being re-released. I personally understand your frustration with this, but as there was no completion time set for the next patch attempt, bringing the game servers back online was of the utmost importance.

I’d also like to address the concern I’ve seen about the amount of items that made their way into the economy during the time that the patch was live as we’re not about to go ignoring something if it’s game-breaking. After thoroughly checking the logs, however, it was determined that the amount of unique and high-class items dropped was not enough to warrant a rollback. This is not to say that we don’t realize that this patch has had effects, but a rollback of item inventories would affect all players on all servers and would nullify 7 to 8 hours of game time from legitimate Knight Online players. That being the choice, we would rather a small number of additional great items stay in the game then to have to harm our players in such a way.

We have heard reports of players having disconnection issues when trying to play Knight Online recently. We are now asking these players to either send a PM to their GM or write a ticket to customer support giving the following information: What part of the login process they are being disconnected from (Login Screen, Character Select Screen, after entering the game) and what country they are trying to login from. This information will be vital in our diagnosing the issue and finding a solution.

Finally, the speedhacking issue. While GMs continue to ban speedhackers on a daily basis due to more potent methods for catching and locating them, there is a powerful and comprehensive fix in the works. We recognize the importance for fairness in PvP, and look forward to delivering this fix soon.

If you say one thing about Knight Online players, you have to say that they’re tough, and we here at Knight Online can’t thank you enough for your patience and support while we work through these issues. Now to the point of all this! We make Knight Online, but you make Knight Online great, and we never forget that. As a small appreciation of your continued support, starting tonight after our short server maintenance we will be running a 25% experience boost across all servers. This event will extend all the way through to next Tuesday’s maintenance. We’re also going to run extended Boss Events across all servers this weekend (June 7th and June 8th).

See you in Carnac and happy hunting (I know you love that phrase )!

-The Castellan[/b]
    There You Have it Folks No Roll Back

Banned

just more things to try to keep our minds of the matter at hand...

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

-Still in work aka "COMING SOON"
    -"If you are having connection issue pm a GM", OK!! Why don't you try?
    -QA aka Quality Assurance? Does KO have QA team? El Oh El don't make me giggle
    -Boss Events? Lemme guess during Turkey morning hours?
    -Legitimate Users: 0- Non-Legitimate Users: 979465401

If there wasn't enough warrant for a rollback then do it manually like you did during PUS madness but wait it had to do with real money so you guys couldn't just let it go right? LoL

PWNT again?

I guess its something that linus tried to make us feel a little bit better but still none of this stuff he says will happen. the exp event sure the boss events during turk time which sucks.... no rollback.... no speedhacker ban... it will be the same.

morgoth666

nice...very nice...im so pissed now :angry:

PFC Senior Member

well no roll back omg so this game is fucked up

Banned

-Still in work aka "COMING SOON"
    -"If you are having connection issue pm a GM", OK!! Why don't you try?
    -QA aka Quality Assurance? Does KO have QA team? El Oh El don't make me giggle
    -Boss Events? Lemme guess during Turkey morning hours?
    -Legitimate Users: 0- Non-Legitimate Users: 979465401

If there wasn't enough warrant for a rollback then do it manually like you did during PUS madness but wait it had to do with real money so you guys couldn't just let it go right? LoL

PWNT again?[/b]
    Lawl! :lol: :lol:

NathanAlgren

so ppls get rof from tyons and those fuckers cant even make a rollback

iam sooo pissed off

pffff no rollback will ruin this game forever and ever.

ooo

WOW, really WOW fuck

time to /quit ?

Canek

zzzzzz still cant believe they didnt rollbacked... i should rather lose 8 hours of exping than having those items stay.

Siphen

I wasnt actually online or checking the servers when they released this messed up patch. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long the game was like this? I think it's unfair and pretty stupid, but if only 50 uniques dropped on each server...

Depresion20

pff this is shit.. ko disapoint us again now noob and new ppl well be beter equipt than ppl that make alot of effort trying to get iteams ....

Banned

This make no sense, they just needed to do a rollback of 7 hours = time before the maintenance, or just check "legit drops", that make just bach/felankor or this kind of drop remained, im really pissed of those lazy guys on this one h34r:

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast