Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A letter from the Producer reposted from main website

This is a discussion on A letter from the Producer reposted from main website within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Letter From The Producer http://www.gamersfirst.com/knightonlinewor...ws&nID=1077 POSTED BY KORLASH | 07/19/2010 Hail Knights! Going forward, once or twice a month I ...
Page: 1

Ignore Me Senior Member

Default A letter from the Producer reposted from main website

Letter From The Producer http://www.gamersfirst.com/knightonlinewor...ws&nID=1077
    POSTED BY KORLASH | 07/19/2010
    Hail Knights!

Going forward, once or twice a month I will be writing a little letter to the community to give everyone a general update on Knight Online’s current status and the future as well. I am doing this because a lot of users are very passionate about this game and I’d like to give all of our loyal players a better idea of the big picture. This month’s letter I will be focusing on all of the recent hack fixes we have put in place and our future plans on how to combat them.

For quite a long period of time, hack tool use was very prevalent in the game. I was confident that with the help of the developer we would able to tackle these problems but that it would not be an easy road to get there. The community as a whole was less optimistic because they have heard it a million times before and we cringed each time we had to tell users a fix would be coming soon; this is not what anyone wanted to hear. Instead players wanted to hear firm dates for fixes.

Within the last several patches we were able to make some breakthroughs with reducing the functionality of hack tools. The developer has a lot of enthusiasm to fix these issues and in the future I expect a steady stream of fixes. We are also coordinating fixes for bugged quests, clan list issue amongst other things. Everything is not perfect but we are working on getting there and making Knight Online better than it has ever been.

Not only are we focusing on fixing the things that matter most to players but we are also planning many more exciting events and content updates. The Character Seal Scroll will also be making its return to the store with some modification. Now, users will have to verify specific parts of their billing history in order to qualify for purchasing the item. We have done this as a preventative measure against account compromises. The scroll itself will not be tradable but the Cypher Ring (character ring) will be. We are also working on releasing a PvP server which will be available for a limited time and have rewards you can bring back to the live servers. More details on the PvP server will be coming soon.

All of that said, there is still an issue out there with some users getting blue screens. I believe this is related to the APR and when a user is running a modified version of Windows. We attempted to resolve this issue in the last patch with some mixed results. This is a very high priority for us to fix and we will be releasing another fix for it next week. If you are still experiencing this issue, I suggest taking a minidump file and sending it to Korlash on the forums along with your character ID and server.

Thank you for your continued loyal support of Knight Online and enjoy the clean PvP!

Cano Senior Member Canofwhopass's Avatar

considering ko has fixed a lot of the koxping in pk, i actually believe this letter

He didn't even mention ITEMS THEY DELETED FOR NO REASON!!!! AQ

Now that 95% of the english lost all their items or have quit, They decide to put out a letter. I think its to Late....

ko4mylife1

everytime i see "a letter from the producer" it remind me matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Canofwhopass View Post
    considering ko has fixed a lot of the koxping in pk, i actually believe this letter
    +1 yes you are right......

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Now that 95% of the english lost all their items or have quit, They decide to put out a letter. I think its to Late....
    Still hundreds of players in Carnac West, & none that I am aware of have lost gear. So, 95% would be much of an, 'exaggeration'.

I was super excited when I saw pvp server.... then i saw limited time AQ, if it was like a PVP server w/ standardized gear for every single class that lasted 4 ever, that would def be my big return!

Banned

why they didnot talk about the lost items or hacked accounts ?

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    I was super excited when I saw pvp server.... then i saw limited time AQ, if it was like a PVP server w/ standardized gear for every single class that lasted 4 ever, that would def be my big return!
    HellsGarem...

Banned for scamming.

HellsGarem was fun as hell! It would be awesome if it made a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by jaspreet View Post
    HellsGarem...
    lol, i only heard legends about it, not that old school :P

Quote Originally Posted by AlextraEG View Post
    why they didnot talk about the lost items or hacked accounts ?
    thats not k2 fault, but the ppl in-game who uses bot=keylogger and acct trading=scams hacked

Banned

:S yea so they must solve these scams
    when ppl get scammed
    they can see
    which ips logged from the char
    and traded to who
    and ban other char and recover lost items

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    lol, i only heard legends about it, not that old school :P
    lol sorry if i appeared to look like a prick with that post, i was just saying, btw the Hellsgarem event is apparently the same place the Hell Breaker was constructed in lol...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast