Yes I got hacked once. Here's the rest of the story.

This is a discussion on Yes I got hacked once. Here's the rest of the story. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Once upon a time there was this char named Ungnone. On a cold winter day while Ungnone's operator (that's me) ...
Page: 1

xxAzraelxx

Default Yes I got hacked once. Here's the rest of the story.

Once upon a time there was this char named Ungnone. On a cold winter day while Ungnone's operator (that's me) was at work; his video-game-junky brother-in-law logged onto his character and went puttering around in Moradon. He recieved a pm from someone named __phosphor__ who claimed to be a gm. The Inlaw was asked to turn over Ungnone's account information so that Ungnone could be investigated for duping. This noob brother-in-law sang like a bird. Two minutes later the hacker shot the singing birdy down. Ungnone's wife immediately signed onto Ungnone's character and logged off the hacker. She traded Ungnone's important items to her own char until she got dced. Then she kept repeating this process knowing that Ungnone's operator was on his way. Together they stripped Ungnone and all the alternate characters of all their gear and money and left them in Moradon. During the process they tried in vain to contact Phosphor who basically hung up on them, not that he should have been motivated to help anyway.

Days later Ungnone's operator received a new password to change the password on the Ungnone account, and did so. The character had been regeared and was in a different clan. ClanOfTheBrokenBow was broken. The gear that was on the account when it was recovered was stripped and sold. One noob hacker failed to get anything off of Ungnone but ClanOfTheBrokenBow will never be reactivated. I bear no ill will toward Festo/phosphor because although I got very little help I still came out on top.

Phosphor aka Festo had no GM tools all he could do was pass on the information. Basically he was powerless to do anything for you.

Aba

sad ending

xxAzraelxx

I gathered that Phosphor was unable to help me when he logged off. As I said I don't have any hard feelings at all about the incident. I actually look on that day with a little pride and a snicker. I lost nothing and gained a set of +7 gear and scrolls left on the char by the hacker. Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Banned

a forum mod(on official forum) helped getting the char back to its orginal owner.

ty to that guy who brought my friend back to playing this game with me.

dpierre6

happy h43r:

evenson

AND NOW YOU KNOW, THE REST OF THE STORY.

dazlin

I want a wife like you have... Commend her on being very smart. (slap the bro many times)

All i could do is ask tech GM's or inhouse GM's to help. The normal response would be email me ill deal with u later. 30 emails later not 1 email back

xxAzraelxx

With 25k+ people to respond to I am not surprised that K2 is slow to respond -- I'm actually impressed with the speed of service I have received. I already said I'm not sore. You were unable to ban my character while he was being hacked and that's ok because yes my wife ROCKS THE HOUSE.

btw i do remember this incident

xxAzraelxx

You can delete this if you want. Or do I have to do it?

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Kinda sucks, unlucky :/