Idea for solving all problems in KO

This is a discussion on Idea for solving all problems in KO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Tell me what you guys think... I think this game needs a new and very impressive anti-hacking system. One that ...
Page: 1

runordie

Thumbs down

Tell me what you guys think...

I think this game needs a new and very impressive anti-hacking system. One that is better then X-Trap and HackShield. I know it might seem wrong, but maybe looking around at other MMORPG and see what their security is. I know for EverQuest, every time you load their launcher, it just scans every file in their Game Directory. Something very simple like this could be very effective. This function would eliminate all TBL editors. And if I remember correctly, GMs have the "power" to look at a users processes. So why doesn't K2 test the third party programs, and look what process comes up for those programs. Add these processes to a list, and have a scanner, scan the processes of the online users. And if a character is found with one of the known third party programs process, then flag the account. And during a restart, have someone go through and delete the flagged accounts. (K2 should like this because they won't need to hire GMs to ban peopel >_>) I know this "scanner" might not be possible because it would lag the shit out of the game. But something that randomly scans random players through out the day, could really be effective.

Well, this is what I think, what about you guys?

btw, if some one can post this in official forums, that would be good, every time I try, I get a 404 Page Not Found Error.

(I broke 1,000 post with this!!!)

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

This has been done,
    The older client of Knight Online contained a file that was dedected by some antivirusses as a trojan
    but it wasnt, it was simply a file that scanned the game directory.

Dunno what they are using now tho :mellow:

runordie

This has been done,
    The older client of Knight Online contained a file that was dedected by some antivirusses as a trojan
    but it wasnt, it was simply a file that scanned the game directory.

Dunno what they are using now tho :mellow:[/b]
    It was a file that allowed the GM to look at the process.

That would definitely solve most of our problems. I don't know why they removed it. Maybe there was a way around it or it was an inconvenience. Scanning files on a users local computer then comparing them with files that are up to date on a Knight Online server would work well. Would only have to check when the game starts to load and it wouldn't cause anymore lag.

No idea why they don't still do it.

g1 / k2 are loosers atm. they only look at the present, i.e fix current koxp, which i think theyre doing.

something like this would stop current + FUTURE koxp.. which is what ko needs

runordie

An in game scan would still be necessary. I think, not sure, but after the scan, someone might be able to then change their TBL files. I don't know, but I think that can happen.

Richie

Problem with most 3rd party programs is that they disable or bypass the security. In effect rendering anything KO puts in..useless.
    Constant updates of anti hacks systems and knightonline.exe's is the only way to reduce hacks usage. Hacks will never be gone completely.

Banned

$$$$ will solve all problems. K2/mgames dosn´t put enought money in the game.
    Dupe/corrup gms/regions (turk problem)/bugs/hackers,botters/high price for premium keeping gg players away/goldfarmers/ gms never online (not enought gms).
    Knight online will never get better, i played it for years so i know how it works, it will cost more and more for every year to.

Play and have fun whit what you have now,that´s what i did when i played

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

ey run you're back

xanarchistx

No idea why they don't still do it.[/b]
    Intrusion or personal files, and possible hack of people's files using that file.

u think k2 cant do this ? u think campany makes millions every month cant do new anti hack system ?
    they just gainin more players with those hack program , they hack find them selvs lv 80s with gg gear stop hacking and buy prem :xxx
    thats just a guess , but im 100% sure k2 has their reasons of not making 1
    probly coz every1 still buys prem .

asenptot

(and it must be the 1000x1000 suggestion to K2.. how many they took real and fixed something ?)

nobiszcz

Idea for solving all problems in KO?=QUIT

Tell me what you guys think...

I think this game needs a new and very impressive anti-hacking system. One that is better then X-Trap and HackShield. I know it might seem wrong, but maybe looking around at other MMORPG and see what their security is. I know for EverQuest, every time you load their launcher, it just scans every file in their Game Directory. Something very simple like this could be very effective. This function would eliminate all TBL editors. And if I remember correctly, GMs have the "power" to look at a users processes. So why doesn't K2 test the third party programs, and look what process comes up for those programs. Add these processes to a list, and have a scanner, scan the processes of the online users. And if a character is found with one of the known third party programs process, then flag the account. And during a restart, have someone go through and delete the flagged accounts. (K2 should like this because they won't need to hire GMs to ban peopel >_>) I know this "scanner" might not be possible because it would lag the shit out of the game. But something that randomly scans random players through out the day, could really be effective.

Well, this is what I think, what about you guys?

btw, if some one can post this in official forums, that would be good, every time I try, I get a 404 Page Not Found Error.

(I broke 1,000 post with this!!!)[/b]
    I think if you use too much of these "code words", you get this error. (maybe not all)

Maybe you remember the Question and Answer Topic...
    There was a Topic where you can ask randoms questions and after 1 month they closed it and answerd most of these questions.

I tried to answer there too. And used alot of these word like: K2, Antihack,Database,Gms and alot more.
    I was not able to post it, always this 404 Error. I was pissed ofc.
    I tried it about 3-4 days. No chance, then I just wrote about 4-5 sentence with just a few of these words and it worked.
    Maybe thats a reason.

btt. I like these Ideas, but like you said its very laggy then. And if this programm Scan the file before you are ingame there are much ways to bypass this scan.

At least try it. :S

Cassie

They need to bring punk buster back, if u disable it the game wont run.. if anything is edited the game wont run, shit it use to ban people if I recall right if they tried to run a hack?