Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

LMAO, GOOD JOB X-TRAP

This is a discussion on LMAO, GOOD JOB X-TRAP within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just curious, those ppl who got these x-trap detected, are u ppl using a software firewall?...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Senior Member C4pt4iN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Just curious, those ppl who got these x-trap detected, are u ppl using a software firewall?

  2. #32
    Lammer
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by C4pt4iN
    Just curious, those ppl who got these x-trap detected, are u ppl using a software firewall?
    I get the x-trap detection all the time.. except windows firewall and antivirus I don't use anything else.

  3. #33
    Senior Member claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Originally posted by C4pt4iN
    Just curious, those ppl who got these x-trap detected, are u ppl using a software firewall?
    I have one, but xtrap detected some acrobat reader files (.api extensions) and prevented me from even logging into the game. After I deleted them all went just fine

  4. #34
    imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States of Eurasia
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Originally posted by C4pt4iN
    Just curious, those ppl who got these x-trap detected, are u ppl using a software firewall?
    i haven't got any firewall on, even the windows xp service pack 2 firewall is off. (yes you can all hack my pc now, there's free porn for all <_< )

  5. #35
    justicetoall
    Guest

    Default

    i just got msn pm exactly same description
    blocked acc
    ur not alone
    but i knew that guys used to 3rd party tools
    maybe xtrap dedect some old files and not new ones

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ, USA & India
    Posts
    4,357

    Default

    devile ask my case to and my friends account got banned as well....x trap is messing up with fraps and game cam.......my friend got blocked for using game cam as a 3rd party tool i assume.....i use a pirated version of fraps free..... and now they wont work together....and now i think x trap ip blocked me

  7. #37
    sexa
    Guest

    Default

    i m having same apihookcrack problem sometimes.(occured at least 3 -4 times until now) i tried a second time than i got in w/o restart of pc. lets try to find which program causing this thing.

    using NOD32 as antivirus (internet, outlook, filesystem monitor working )
    i dont have firewall running but my router has a firewall

    running programs in backround:
    xfire
    net limiter
    deamon tools
    quicktime
    dap
    msn
    winamp
    vent
    fraps
    firefox
    realtek sound manager
    vmware gsx server

    and acrobat reader or anything related to it isnt working anytime for me even i ve disabled download new patches option.

    i ll try to get an ss of task manager when i get apihookcrack error.

    i m lucky cuz i always get this apihookcrack error before i login to game. but if i get blocked and lose 5 lvls it will be end of my ko carrier for sure

  8. #38
    Senior Member C4pt4iN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Originally posted by Tez/Aja
    devile ask my case to and my friends account got banned as well....x trap is messing up with fraps and game cam.......my friend got blocked for using game cam as a 3rd party tool i assume.....i use a pirated version of fraps free..... and now they wont work together....and now i think x trap ip blocked me
    I have FRAPS on 24/7 (well, not recording 24/7 :P ), so its not FRAPS that trigger x-trap

  9. #39
    Senior Member claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Originally posted by sexa
    and acrobat reader or anything related to it isnt working anytime for me even i ve disabled download new patches option.

    i ll try to get an ss of task manager when i get apihookcrack error. *

    i m lucky cuz i always get this apihookcrack error before i login to game. but if i get blocked and lose 5 lvls it will be end of my ko carrier for sure
    Devile posted something about it, he said that Xtrap looks for all programs in your pc, not only the ones who are running when u log in. even my acrobat wasnt running when I got the apihookcrack error

  10. #40
    TunaFishyMe
    Guest

    Default

    i think he meant it looks for all the programs running in your processes. I dont think it is able to scan through all your programs...it would take ages. I have acrobat as well (who doesnt) and i have no problem

  11. #41
    Senior Member claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Originally posted by Devile


    The thing with xtrap is that it works exactly like a spy software. Even checks your cookies and temp internet files. Every DLL and program u have installed (not just running), is checked by xtrap.

    Most ppl who say xtrap is crap don't know what they are talking about. Yes, it can make mistakes. False positives are frequent with this kind of software. Is all about tunning them.
    here what devile said and here the link to the picture of .api files I have deleted (and up to now I had no other problems with x-trap) http://www.ko4life.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20440 (bottom of the page)

    Hope it helps out

  12. #42
    h4x0r Admin Devile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Originally posted by De_Piere
    devile in your opininon is there any clann os security sistem that could help this game to be free from cheaters i mean ffs i agrre that osme can bypass the xtrap but i seee aoubt 10 macroers a day,... nothing has changded for me, xtrap might be better but still it isn't good enought
    I think Xtrap is pretty much perfect for this game. Might sound contradicting, but the problem is not Xtrap, its K2. Trust me, u give WoW administration to K2 and they will make it look like a piece of junk in less than 2 weeks.

    K2's approach against cheaters is WRONG and I have been telling them that for months. They keep fighting a battle the wrong way and they will never win it. They are improving, but taking a long time to realize they need to change the way they deal with cheaters.

    For example, Xtrap detected and blocked KOXP with the patch 2 days ago. COOL! GREAT! FINALLY! 24 hours later, new version of KOXP that bypasses Xtrap. Sure, they got quite some ppl banned but MOST of the cheaters knew already that KOXP was detected so they didnt play. 24 hours later, servers were full of macroers again. That race wont be won by that dumb approach of patching everyday and blocking instantly the hack, TELLING THE HACKERS the hack is detected.

    What I've been trying to tell them is, LET THEM HACK, dont block the hack. Dont waste your time blocking that in real time, patching everyday. Just take note of who did what. 2-3 days later, ban them all. Authors of hacks will go nuts looking for what is triggering alarms and since they can't get instant feedback and wait 2-3 days to see if they got caught or not, the developing cycle for hacks increases. A hack that is not updated soon and gets ppl banned frequently, dies.

    I know this will mean that there will be lots of low level accounts created on the same day macroing all over since cheaters wont care if they get banned or not, but guess what? WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THEM!? Whats more important? a guy who gets lvl70 macroing all the way or some dumbass who collects Kekuri rings? Low levels can't farm big stuff, meaning that won't effect much the economy neither the server, and if it does, they can for example remove Kekuri ring from Kecoons drop table so they can't even get that.

    Bottom line is, no high level will risk their character using a hack, meaning the end of most hacks.

    Everytime a hack goes public, K2 should secretly update their anticheat and detect who are using it. Days later, drop the bomb and fuck them all. Will u risk your main character doing using any hack knowing it can be detected at any point and u wont be able to notice before u get banned? Even hardcore turk cheaters will think twice before using hacks.

    But no, K2 is too smart to figure this out ...

  13. #43
    imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States of Eurasia
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-De_Piere
    devile in your opininon is there any clann os security sistem that could help this game to be free from cheaters i mean ffs i agrre that osme can bypass the xtrap but i seee aoubt 10 macroers a day,... nothing has changded for me, xtrap might be better but still it isn't good enought
    I think Xtrap is pretty much perfect for this game. Might sound contradicting, but the problem is not Xtrap, its K2. Trust me, u give WoW administration to K2 and they will make it look like a piece of junk in less than 2 weeks.

    K2's approach against cheaters is WRONG and I have been telling them that for months. They keep fighting a battle the wrong way and they will never win it. They are improving, but taking a long time to realize they need to change the way they deal with cheaters.

    For example, Xtrap detected and blocked KOXP with the patch 2 days ago. COOL! GREAT! FINALLY! 24 hours later, new version of KOXP that bypasses Xtrap. Sure, they got quite some ppl banned but MOST of the cheaters knew already that KOXP was detected so they didnt play. 24 hours later, servers were full of macroers again. That race wont be won by that dumb approach of patching everyday and blocking instantly the hack, TELLING THE HACKERS the hack is detected.

    What I've been trying to tell them is, LET THEM HACK, dont block the hack. Dont waste your time blocking that in real time, patching everyday. Just take note of who did what. 2-3 days later, ban them all. Authors of hacks will go nuts looking for what is triggering alarms and since they can't get instant feedback and wait 2-3 days to see if they got caught or not, the developing cycle for hacks increases. A hack that is not updated soon and gets ppl banned frequently, dies.

    I know this will mean than there will be lots of low level accounts created on the same day macroing all over since cheaters wont care if they get banned or not, but guess what? WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THEM!? Whats more important? a guy who gets lvl70 macroing all the way or some dumbass who collects Kekuri rings? Low levels can't farm big stuff, meaning that won't effect much the economy neither the server, and if it does, they can for example remove Kekuri ring from Kecoons drop table so they can't even get that.

    Bottom line is, no high level will risk their character using a hack, meaning the end of most hacks.

    Everytime a hack goes public, K2 should secretly update their anticheat and detect who are using it. Days later, drop the bomb and fuck them all. Will u risk your main character doing using any hack knowing it can be detected at any point and u wont be able to notice before u get banned? Even hardcore turk cheaters will think twice before using hacks.

    But no, K2 is too smart to figure this out ...[/b]
    /agree

    and not to forget most of the "cheaters' they ban now happen to be 100% legit people, good job zzz

  14. #44
    sexa
    Guest

    Default

    here is what i found in searching registry for "apihook". it may help us a lot.



    ps : it was on 2 place in reg one is HKEY_CURRENT_USER second is in HKEY_USERS

  15. #45
    TunaFishyMe
    Guest

    Default

    wouldnt that make PB even better? I heard it makes a list of all the cheaters and you can just ban them all. But you also said PB didnt really work well lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •