Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

LMAO, GOOD JOB X-TRAP

This is a discussion on LMAO, GOOD JOB X-TRAP within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by SotongPoo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SotongPoo)</div> Originally posted by Devile @ <!--QuoteBegin-De_Piere devile in your opininon is there any clann os ...
Page: 4

Lammer

Originally posted by SotongPoo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SotongPoo)</div>
    Originally posted by Devile@
    <!--QuoteBegin-De_Piere

devile in your opininon is there any clann os security sistem that could help this game to be free from cheaters i mean ffs i agrre that osme can bypass the xtrap but i seee aoubt 10 macroers a day,... nothing has changded for me, xtrap might be better but still it isn't good enought

I think Xtrap is pretty much perfect for this game. Might sound contradicting, but the problem is not Xtrap, its K2. Trust me, u give WoW administration to K2 and they will make it look like a piece of junk in less than 2 weeks.

K2's approach against cheaters is WRONG and I have been telling them that for months. They keep fighting a battle the wrong way and they will never win it. They are improving, but taking a long time to realize they need to change the way they deal with cheaters.

For example, Xtrap detected and blocked KOXP with the patch 2 days ago. COOL! GREAT! FINALLY! 24 hours later, new version of KOXP that bypasses Xtrap. Sure, they got quite some ppl banned but MOST of the cheaters knew already that KOXP was detected so they didnt play. 24 hours later, servers were full of macroers again. That race wont be won by that dumb approach of patching everyday and blocking instantly the hack, TELLING THE HACKERS the hack is detected.

What I've been trying to tell them is, LET THEM HACK, dont block the hack. Dont waste your time blocking that in real time, patching everyday. Just take note of who did what. 2-3 days later, ban them all. Authors of hacks will go nuts looking for what is triggering alarms and since they can't get instant feedback and wait 2-3 days to see if they got caught or not, the developing cycle for hacks increases. A hack that is not updated soon and gets ppl banned frequently, dies.

I know this will mean than there will be lots of low level accounts created on the same day macroing all over since cheaters wont care if they get banned or not, but guess what? WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THEM!? Whats more important? a guy who gets lvl70 macroing all the way or some dumbass who collects Kekuri rings? Low levels can't farm big stuff, meaning that won't effect much the economy neither the server, and if it does, they can for example remove Kekuri ring from Kecoons drop table so they can't even get that.

Bottom line is, no high level will risk their character using a hack, meaning the end of most hacks.

Everytime a hack goes public, K2 should secretly update their anticheat and detect who are using it. Days later, drop the bomb and fuck them all. Will u risk your main character doing using any hack knowing it can be detected at any point and u wont be able to notice before u get banned? Even hardcore turk cheaters will think twice before using hacks.

But no, K2 is too smart to figure this out ...
    /agree

and not to forget most of the "cheaters' they ban now happen to be 100% legit people, good job zzz[/b]
    And some IP ban? That could be used too.

Banned

Originally posted by Lammer+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lammer)</div>
    Originally posted by SotongPoo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SotongPoo)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-De_Piere

devile in your opininon is there any clann os security sistem that could help this game to be free from cheaters i mean ffs i agrre that osme can bypass the xtrap but i seee aoubt 10 macroers a day,... nothing has changded for me, xtrap might be better but still it isn't good enought

I think Xtrap is pretty much perfect for this game. Might sound contradicting, but the problem is not Xtrap, its K2. Trust me, u give WoW administration to K2 and they will make it look like a piece of junk in less than 2 weeks.

K2's approach against cheaters is WRONG and I have been telling them that for months. They keep fighting a battle the wrong way and they will never win it. They are improving, but taking a long time to realize they need to change the way they deal with cheaters.

For example, Xtrap detected and blocked KOXP with the patch 2 days ago. COOL! GREAT! FINALLY! 24 hours later, new version of KOXP that bypasses Xtrap. Sure, they got quite some ppl banned but MOST of the cheaters knew already that KOXP was detected so they didnt play. 24 hours later, servers were full of macroers again. That race wont be won by that dumb approach of patching everyday and blocking instantly the hack, TELLING THE HACKERS the hack is detected.

What I've been trying to tell them is, LET THEM HACK, dont block the hack. Dont waste your time blocking that in real time, patching everyday. Just take note of who did what. 2-3 days later, ban them all. Authors of hacks will go nuts looking for what is triggering alarms and since they can't get instant feedback and wait 2-3 days to see if they got caught or not, the developing cycle for hacks increases. A hack that is not updated soon and gets ppl banned frequently, dies.

I know this will mean than there will be lots of low level accounts created on the same day macroing all over since cheaters wont care if they get banned or not, but guess what? WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THEM!? Whats more important? a guy who gets lvl70 macroing all the way or some dumbass who collects Kekuri rings? Low levels can't farm big stuff, meaning that won't effect much the economy neither the server, and if it does, they can for example remove Kekuri ring from Kecoons drop table so they can't even get that.

Bottom line is, no high level will risk their character using a hack, meaning the end of most hacks.

Everytime a hack goes public, K2 should secretly update their anticheat and detect who are using it. Days later, drop the bomb and fuck them all. Will u risk your main character doing using any hack knowing it can be detected at any point and u wont be able to notice before u get banned? Even hardcore turk cheaters will think twice before using hacks.

But no, K2 is too smart to figure this out ...
    /agree

and not to forget most of the "cheaters' they ban now happen to be 100% legit people, good job zzz[/b]
    And some IP ban? That could be used too.[/b][/quote]

i was ip baned i think last night and i cant get on my accounts....anyone of them or anyone else from my home pcs.....i can get on from other placeso so i know my account is not banned......but since when did they ban or ip ban someone for running fraps or game cam...and thought it was a 3rd party tool....wtf :blink: :wacko:

p.s. devile +1 and i 2nd that shit...is what i have said to them as well .....they dont listen man....k2 never listens to the people who play there game....they do what they want when they want....i use when loosly....very loosly

Xtrap is better than PB imo, cause there's almost no info about Xtrap. Xtrap has been developed by a Korean company and u can't find much about it. While PB is already well known for many games and there's lots of places where u can get info about how to disable it.

Sure, PB has some nice features like hardware bans and shit like that, but I dont think u need all that to keep KO clean. Is like using a Bazooka to drill a 1 inch hole.

Cheating in KO can be fixed or minimized in many ways with the current tools. K2 doesnt agree so they will reinvent the wheel over and over.

K2 is relying on the updating of the anticheat right now. So far, 2 updates in 2 days. Guess what? U can bypass that too! Eventually someone will post about this in FG or somewhere else and everyone will just ignore Xtrap patches and cheat with old hacks.

Again, the approach is WRONG.

Also, I haven't seen ANY interface to provide feedback in this false positive cases. There's lot of ppl complaining about unfair bans and nobody got straight answers. They should provide a TOOL that gathers info about your computer. A full system report so they can see what the client had running that triggered the alarm and see if its actually a false positive or not.

They just dont say a word. Hackshield had a tool like that ... ironic huh?

Banned

Originally posted by Devile

Cheating in KO can be fixed or minimized in many ways with the current tools. K2 doesnt agree so they will reinvent the wheel over and over.
    the prob is not them trying to reinvent the wheel....they are trying to turn the round wheel into a square wheel :P

Lammer

I really don't care atm about dupers/hackers/cheaters. For all the time I've been playing everyday it goes worse. How many cheaters have been reported and they are still around?

The balance Legit/Cheaters have become totally unbalanced and most of it blame of K2's managment. For every fair player that gets hacked/scamed/k2'ed and stops playing coz it didn't had support another 100 cheaters start/become playing and paying.

So its a matter of time till this game completelly loses its interest/fun for me.

Everyone has pointed the flaws in game and CS but it seems that they live in their little world untouched and don't really give a shit about whats happening to the game.
    While there's ppl paying for premiums/KC they don't have nothing to worry. They don't care if ppl dupe/hack/macro as long as they get their money. All they have to think is ways of "forcing" ppl to pay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234