Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I just still find it retarded that even with a GR pot im slowedd almost 100% of the time. Either ...
Page: 10

I just still find it retarded that even with a GR pot im slowedd almost 100% of the time. Either take gr pots out of the game cuz they dont work, or make them work. I dont even think that resistanse works that way. I think it ONLY works for damage, it wont effect stun rate or anything, the pots anyways...i mean, unless the ice is bugged somehow. Some people think its good( Mostly coming from the cie mages or people that can cure) and the people who think its bads are the people who cant cure themselves. So i think its still retarded that I can get slowed and just almost fucked....because i will NEVER getunslowed if the ice mage just kites me. and he will never killme, so its just waste of my scrollsnow...

lock the topic, nothing is gonna change, live without or gtfo.

Havoc2

lock the topic, nothing is gonna change, live without or gtfo.[/b]
    Perfect example of how the ice mages are the ONLY ones defending this...
    Its obviously bugged at this point like Blizzard said NOTHING works to reduce the slow rate I find it funny now when I see rouges use magic shield before going into combat and get slowed insantly, cure themselves, and die immediatly after cure.

The slow rate is INSANE and needs to be lowered or fixed so resistances will actually help you. If you don't like the fact that resistances SHOULD work then you should just quit the game now. Point blank if you don't like the fact we are here arguing to make ice resistances for ALL classes to work again then you should honestly quit being so selfish about your ice rate. No other melee classes like the fact their glacier resistance is useless so it needs to be fixed and the ice mages can deal with the fact the games pvp is fixed to make it even once again.

The End. If anyone else has any room for debate please bring it forward, no flames I just want honest replys now and do me a favor, if your an ice mage, don't say ANYTHING because its obvious from their replys alone who is an ice mage and who is a melee.

The arguement has basically turned now to make glacier resistance effective again in pvp. So if any mods are reading this change the topic title to "Enable glacier resistances" It will make a more valid arguement anyways than the ice rate alone. Seeing as its quite obvious glacier resistance means nothing to how much you get slowed.

TouchMyBlade

I'll ICE YOUR ASS WITH PLEASURE xD

ICE FOR LIFE ^^

AND WHEN I SEE YOU, BELIEVE ME ILL ICE YOU AND PM YOU BECAUSE YOU WAS CRYING ON THIS FORUM ABOUT MY ICE.

ILL ICE YOU ALL THE WAY.

<3<3<3

ICE ICE BABY[/b]
    Meh id cure torment you cure parasite you cure helis your nubly mageness and wait for letter to cry no duffs or heals. then proceed to lol all over myself.

IN reference to the post. I think ice mage should have a high lvl skill maybe at 70 that is 100% slow but has a cool down and the then rest of there skills have a lower than now % chance of slowing. THat way they will like everyene else have to use stratergy to decide who should be slowed 100% in the party u comming up against. Kinda like the lvl 80 mage skill that you cant cure or do anything with.

For any complaing mages give BP&#39;s a skill that slows ppl then see ppl complain about being over powered class

Ice mage for me is not hard it is just annoying to cure every 2 seconds(i think cure shold not ahave a cool down its quick but still to slow for me) most time we tak them out first in a party send int sins around the side and duff and attack at same time they die fast then cant TP members back or slow us then preist and then, then the rest.

We can goo with a 2 x BP or 1 prioest 1 warrior and take out lvl 75 plus geard mages party of 8 at EW. Mage for me = NP i love them Only time mage is a threat is in a party of like 6 mages and 2 INT healers. If they time spells right then they can do alot of damage fast. But thats what spam heal is for

Its obviously bugged at this point like Blizzard said NOTHING works to reduce the slow rate I find it funny now when I see rouges use magic shield before going into combat and get slowed insantly, cure themselves, and die immediatly after cure.

The slow rate is INSANE and needs to be lowered or fixed so resistances will actually help you. If you don&#39;t like the fact that resistances SHOULD work then you should just quit the game now. Point blank if you don&#39;t like the fact we are here arguing to make ice resistances for ALL classes to work again then you should honestly quit being so selfish about your ice rate. No other melee classes like the fact their glacier resistance is useless so it needs to be fixed and the ice mages can deal with the fact the games pvp is fixed to make it even once again.

The End. If anyone else has any room for debate please bring it forward, no flames I just want honest replys now and do me a favor, if your an ice mage, don&#39;t say ANYTHING because its obvious from their replys alone who is an ice mage and who is a melee.

The arguement has basically turned now to make glacier resistance effective again in pvp. So if any mods are reading this change the topic title to "Enable glacier resistances" It will make a more valid arguement anyways than the ice rate alone. Seeing as its quite obvious glacier resistance means nothing to how much you get slowed.[/b]
    You must be retarded, pretty sure my staff is Chaotic Staff , not Oasis Staff.

I re-skilled to Light shortly after I got my Staff.

Because Ice Mage is far more than Worthless, even with the improved ice rate.

Resistance does work, so I dunno what you are blabbing about. Fire resistance reduce damage from towers and fire mages. Lightning resistance reduce damage from apostle / ultima / light mages, and also further reduce stun rate. Glacier resistance, like all other resistance, reduce damage from ice mage, and reduces slow rate.

Every EW Raid I have been to, with minor ice resist and ice belt (200ish GR), I rarely get iced, and most EW consist of at least an ice mage.
    Just now today I was in Jurad with your character and bloodline party. How many time did you get iced by me? Just once, from Blizzard.
    That is 1/5 chances of icing my opponents.

You are complaining you have high enough resist and still get iced? What about this. I have dagger talias / iron neck / glass belt / chaotic staff +8 / crimson DD +7 , that is total of 92% reduce damage from Dagger. I still get spiked for 400-500 damage. Technically if someone spike me for 1k, I should only receive 100 damage with all that reduced damage armors? But I dont.

This game is designed so u can never be IMMORTAL to anything. Hence even with your 9999999 GR, there is still a chance of you getting iced by an support Ice mage.

Also, I was just in Arena with CrazyHorse, and he screamed 5/5 times. Meanwhile I stunned him 1/30 with all my spells, and slowed him 1/4-5 times. Slow rate is fine as it is. It is what motivates people to play Ice mages.

For the last time, I am not an ice mage, and you have no idea how many time IronHazee, and 4ComeOnBaby complain about how I rarely ice ppl.

Banned

if your an ice mage, don&#39;t say ANYTHING because its obvious from their replys alone who is an ice mage and who is a melee.[/b]
    meanie

Havoc2

You must be retarded, pretty sure my staff is Chaotic Staff , not Oasis Staff.

I reskilled to Light shortly after I got my Staff.

Because Ice Mage is far more than Worthless, even with the improved ice rate[/b]
    So with that you mean to tell me you have no ice skills?
    If you do, you don&#39;t use them as a main weakness of everyone else?

If I recall, even you being lightning you still use the 45 ice because you know it will work more effectivly than any other lightning skill.

If your comeback is "well you use scream before legcut dont you?" I&#39;ll go ahead and say scream is alot worse than legcut and legcut is effective about 1 out of 20 attempts so I would rather not waste 500 damage by using it instead of howling sword / blooding.

My point is no matter what build every mage KNOWS that, when that 45 ice is put down it WILL work on about 80 - 90% of the people. You dont need the 60 ice nova or 70 ice nova to slow everyone and everything in sight and that is the whole point of this topic. You don&#39;t need levels, skills, or items. It just works no matter what and every single mage here knows it.

infinityg35

they have programs liket hat?

I just edited my post.

I only use Blizzard before Lightning Nova because it works. Stun rate has been nerfed too much. Even then my Blizzard usually slow max of 50%, no where near 80-90%. If that was the rate, I wouldn&#39;t never need to town.

If it was really this good, you would expect every lvl 75 mages to have blizzard ? But they dont, they pick armor and instant magic over blizzard.

The End. If anyone else has any room for debate please bring it forward, no flames I just want honest replys now and do me a favor, if your an ice mage, don&#39;t say ANYTHING because its obvious from their replys alone who is an ice mage and who is a melee.[/b]
    I am sorry Havoc, this is an open forum. You expect that on a debate about one class&#39;s abilibties people that play this class will not say anything?
    Then let us make a thread debating how the HP per health point for warriors should be reduced and their lvl 80 skill succes rate reduced and please if you are a warrior, don&#39;t say anything.
    And if you look closely, I do not think its only mages; rogues have also said they dont get iced all the time, priests said they are fine.

If you don&#39;t like the fact that resistances SHOULD work then you should just quit the game now. Point blank if you don&#39;t like the fact we are here arguing to make ice resistances for ALL classes to work again then you should honestly quit being so selfish about your ice rate. No other melee classes like the fact their glacier resistance is useless so it needs to be fixed and the ice mages can deal with the fact the games pvp is fixed to make it even once again.[/b]
    Using that logic I could argue that warriors are the only ones complaining and being selfish wanting a class nerfed just so they can solo pk.
    "If you dont like the fact that ice SHOULD work then you should just quit the game now."
    And the current game mechanics would support me. But I dont think that adds anything to the conversation.

I have been a full HP ice mage since the skill bar bug was fixed, I did not wait for this patch and increased rate to become one. I know a bit more about how ice used to (NOT) work. And I also know that it still does not work 100%. For me at least. Full HP ice, with oasis, erenion, garp & elixir. I know you said you tested it and I believe you, but unfortunately in cz those godly results do not work for me or other ice mages I know.
    Try to understand that from our point of view pk was not even before the patch, which should be apparent by the very small number of ice mages back then. Not only it was impossible to solo (you dont ice and you dotn do dmg= free NP) but even in parties it was bloody difficult to do your job. When you end up with tp as the spell you use most then something is seriously wrong. Everyone was light for the stun rate, or fire for the dmg. How was that balanced?
    Although from a selfish point of view, I find it slightly annoying that so many ppl are ice now, as it raises the price on ice related equipment. Plus I can&#39;t find xp parties that easily since there are too many of us.

The arguement has basically turned now to make glacier resistance effective again in pvp. So if any mods are reading this change the topic title to "Enable glacier resistances" It will make a more valid arguement anyways than the ice rate alone. Seeing as its quite obvious glacier resistance means nothing to how much you get slowed.[/b]
    It does work, as there are still people we have difficulty slowing. Maybe warriors have a disadvantage but rogues with ms seem to be doing ok. Yes, they are slowed some times, but they should be slowed sometimes. No one shoudl be invulnerable to anything. If gr affected slowing more, then warriors would have a better chance solo, but it would also mean rogues became invulnerable.
    It is not that simple. You have to understand how mage works and what it would mean if rate was reduced for certain spells, or gr was made more important. You also have to take into account party pk and how trying to give warriors a better chance in solo pk will completely mess up mages in party pk unless its done very carefully. Given the randomness of K2, what is the chance of that?

I share your frustration on low lvls etc. I dont like being slowed by lvl 60 paper fire either, not that it happens often. Higher lvl spells should have a higher success rate and lvl 20 spells should not work very well on lvl 80s. However, we do not have that many spells.
    Blizzard might be a lvl 45 only, but is one of 3 aoe&#39;s that we have. If you make blizzard ineffective, then we will need another aoe added at lvl 75 (for example) as 2 aoe&#39;s given their cool down rate will not be enough. The lvl 33 aoe, even if it is effective (it used to be for light at least before the patch) is quite tricky to aim in crowds and even the tiniest of lags messes it up. I use thundercloud, even though it rarely stuns, just for its tiny dmg on crowds when I run out of aoe&#39;s and have nothing better to do. (My far single spells do so little dmg that there is little point using them. Plus by the time they reach you, you outrun them, sometimes even if you are slowed.)
    Same problem with single spells. We have lvl 80, lvl 70, lvl 57 & lvl 51 (all with small range and we have a useless buff instead of a proper spell at 54) and the rest below lvl 50 therefore accesible to mages that you feel should not be able to slow you. If you reduce the rate of the lower (60-) spells so that a lvl 60 wont slow you, then a lvl 69, even a lvl 79 mage wont be able to slow much either. We cast the 2 we have, we slow, target is cured, ooooops. Then what?

Now if you are MP build and you do dmg, you first throw your aoes, slow what you can then pick a target and help in the killing. Even if you dont slow much, you still contribute. If you are HP build statted for support, you need to slow as ur dmg is crap. And because most parties do have curers with them, you need a high rate so that you can keep them slowed.
    Before the patch I would use everything I had (between running away to avoid having my spells interrupted and tp-ing) to slow one warrior and then get immensely frustrated as he was instantly cured and I had to start all over again. Kept me busy I have to admit, but was hardly efficient. You cant take cure out of the equation, just because some people want to pk solo. There are too many curers out there. Think on it from the mage&#39;s point of view: if it takes me ages to slow someone and then that can be undone with a simple cure what is the point?

And one last thing: blade not slowing before the patch was lame. The major mage spell after lvl 70 did not work for ice. For light it stunned and quite well, so it should slow for ice. Now with blade you can slow the melee that is interupting your spells, move away and cast again, as you should be able to do. Before, the minute the melee got to you you bladed your tiny damage on him and waited for your party to get rid of him. Not funny.

soyouthink

+1 Well said.

NaidenZ

today I was pking with ice belt+ glacier pot , like 150 resis + nd i got ice 3 of 3

fucking funny

PD : IronHazee has been sold for 3100 ytl aka 2600$ , he is going to new server wtih me D:

ArminVanBuuren

After reading SilverBlade&#39;s post I keep agreeing with it: no character should be invulnerable to any kind of damage...and I still don&#39;t know how come warriors with easily 150+ GR get slowed while my rogue, which has 29 base GR + magic shield gets 149 GR and can avoid getting slowed most of the time (ofc, as soon as MS runs out I&#39;m screwed MOST of the time).

With Priest I usually get the blizzard on, but I do not lose swift right away...I can still run, even if I see the symbol of freezing between my buffs...just as soon as it goes away I lose my swift...happened with priest, happened with warrior, both recently...I still don&#39;t get frozen 100% since Moradon&#39;s patch, and the warrior I use is not even pimped out...I&#39;ve known DLW warriors which don&#39;t even complain about it, and at such lvl they should complain even more. Now, there has always been a stunning skill in mages tree, which seems to be quite effective...you don&#39;t even have to be lightning build to use it and it still was a stunner (basic skill tree)...now, if you guys weren&#39;t complaining about that one, why do you complain now about being iced? Why was there no one complaining about that skill? I mean, I have tested it before and after moradon&#39;s patch with MS on and was quite good, even if my brother&#39;s lvl 75 mage is Flame/Ice...if there was such a good skill for lvl 10- mages, why do you complain now for being slowed a bit by a lvl 60- mage?

Atm, the game is perfectly balanced in my opinion, but in my opinion, you guys just got used to how it was &#39;till now, just as newcomers got used to the duping market and now have to sell their own jewelry to be able to repot...that&#39;s how I see it is.

ZyXel123

thats right mostly of novas ice chill

PFC Senior Member

k2 must reduce the % of ice slow ..... this ruining the game

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast