Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; k2 must reduce the % of ice slow ..... this ruining the game...
Page: 11

PFC Senior Member

k2 must reduce the % of ice slow ..... this ruining the game

PFC Senior Member

k2 must reduce the % of ice slow ..... this ruining the game

some said that they get iced 95% of the time>>> by how many mages may i ask?

come on... mages are weak enuff, 4 hits and they die, now u warriors who pwn so much in melee couldnt take the fact that mages was meant to slow and kill u with range skills? warriors and rogue are melee, they pwn in that area no doubt. but its only fair for mages to ice/stun u to get their own advantage against other classes...
    wat bout duffers? 100% duff success rate and 3 different duffs? and wat bout torment and subside? no one complained bout that
    rogues disarm? blind? Light feet and stealth? too unfair?

well if mages ice/stun % is droped... there's no point in playing ice/light.
    this isnt too IMBA yet... i play a priest and usually manage to get away by the 2nd cure in cz... for war its different...

95% of the time u get screamed? how u know if the warrior is using screamed and failed to screamed u? because u cant tell if his scream failed on u.

scream % works fine... say 100 warriors hit u with scream one at a time, i doubt 95 warriors get u...

to u warriors out there flaming... range is your disadvantage.

+1 to silverblade... well said though i dun play mage but i kill them too often to understand their weakness... range ice/stun is their only advantage.

Havoc2

I agree with SilverBlade as well and I wasn't saying no posting allowed but the last few people that have posted supporting it backed their opinions in no way. So it was down to "no you can suck yourself because you want to be god" or "ice works fine quit whining" kind of shit. I don't want that I want posts like yours.

I'm not going to quote it because I have read books shorter than that.

I agree with you that the ice resistance works fine on everything but the slowing rate. I also agree that it is a matter of chance to get iced or not and testing ice 5 times does not proove anything. To proove something you have to test it 50 - 200 times before you even have a debatable arguement.

I also agree that it seems to ice warriors 30 - 35% more than it ice's rouges, priests, and other mages. I don't know why and I sent in a ticket asking why it seemed that way. I havn't gotten a personall response yet but i'll send in tickets until I find an answer. The question came down to basically "Are warriors meant to get iced more than any other class for it to be an example of their "weakness"?" Basically saying, did K2 make it this way so warriors did have a main weakness other than not being able to cure themselves, run fast, hit from a distance, or heal themselves more than 720 other than abyss pots. And I asked why it seemed that glacier pots were near useless now unless you were going to 1v1 an ice mage to lower his damage.

I agree with the points that ice SHOULD work but it should never have worked this well in the first place because now players (if they do change it) will argue for them to change it back. Also I wanted to find out if ice is truly bugged now, I also thought of the possibility of it only being like this on 1 server just like the diez exp bug in CZ.

Do I expect K2 to change ice %? if there is truly something wrong, yes.
    Do i expect K2 to fix glacier resistance? if there is truly something wrong, yes.

So for now on I will just ignore players posting "ice works fine deal with it" If it works fine please tell me why it works fine, does it work fine because it ices every single player it hits? or because it only ices 15 - 35% of the people.

+1 to silverblade... well said though i dun play mage but i kill them too often to understand their weakness... range ice/stun is their only advantage.[/b]
    Now you I will fully disagree with.
    Mages Advantages :
    1. Hit hard as shit with multiple aoe's AND single attacks that hit a player for more than 2 nova's might do.
    2. Hit from a distance
    3. TP people
    4. Chance to slow / stun.
    5. A defense skill that hits 1.5k on the first person to touch you.
    6. Nova town plx
    7. Your own set of free 80 resistance pots
    8. A skill that INCREASES your damage done by 30% for what 30 seconds?
    9. Dot damages

Disadvantages :
    1. If you choose #1 as an advantage you loose HP and AC until higher leveled
    2. Run slow without swift / swift scroll
    3. No self cure

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Warriors Advantages :
    1. High AC and high HP
    2. Hit hard with a single attack
    3. chance to slow / stun
    4. resistance potions?!?
    5. A skill that does 1k damage over 20 seconds?!?
    6. Shields?!

Disadvantages :
    1. No self cure
    2. Hit from close range
    3. No aoe
    4. No heal over 720 besides abyss pots
    5. No way to increase attack damage more than wolf and 15 str

wildcatalley

mages have more disadvantages...but at least you are making a great effort to be mature and reasonable

mages have same healing ability as warriors, mages also can carry much less pots

I play an ice mage and agree ice is too strong. no one is saying that ice shouldnt slow...but i agree it needs to be at least a little lower. i used to be the only ice mage, and do not like other people who copy me cuz ice effect IS different now But i do not think warriors are unreasonable to complain...its annoying to be slowed so easily and there is nothing you can do

but as you said, maybe this is the advantage the game has given mages over warriors so that mages do not have to tank warriors who knows, but it is not crazy to bring this topic up!

I agree with SilverBlade as well and I wasn't saying no posting allowed but the last few people that have posted supporting it backed their opinions in no way. So it was down to "no you can suck yourself because you want to be god" or "ice works fine quit whining" kind of shit. I don't want that I want posts like yours.

I'm not going to quote it because I have read books shorter than that.

I agree with you that the ice resistance works fine on everything but the slowing rate. I also agree that it is a matter of chance to get iced or not and testing ice 5 times does not proove anything. To proove something you have to test it 50 - 200 times before you even have a debatable arguement.

I also agree that it seems to ice warriors 30 - 35% more than it ice's rouges, priests, and other mages. I don't know why and I sent in a ticket asking why it seemed that way. I havn't gotten a personall response yet but i'll send in tickets until I find an answer. The question came down to basically "Are warriors meant to get iced more than any other class for it to be an example of their "weakness"?" Basically saying, did K2 make it this way so warriors did have a main weakness other than not being able to cure themselves, run fast, hit from a distance, or heal themselves more than 720 other than abyss pots. And I asked why it seemed that glacier pots were near useless now unless you were going to 1v1 an ice mage to lower his damage.

I agree with the points that ice SHOULD work but it should never have worked this well in the first place because now players (if they do change it) will argue for them to change it back. Also I wanted to find out if ice is truly bugged now, I also thought of the possibility of it only being like this on 1 server just like the diez exp bug in CZ.

Do I expect K2 to change ice %? if there is truly something wrong, yes.
    Do i expect K2 to fix glacier resistance? if there is truly something wrong, yes.

So for now on I will just ignore players posting "ice works fine deal with it" If it works fine please tell me why it works fine, does it work fine because it ices every single player it hits? or because it only ices 15 - 35% of the people.
    Now you I will fully disagree with.
    Mages Advantages :
    1. Hit hard as shit with multiple aoe's AND single attacks that hit a player for more than 2 nova's might do.
    2. Hit from a distance
    3. TP people
    4. Chance to slow / stun.
    5. A defense skill that hits 1.5k on the first person to touch you.
    6. Nova town plx
    7. Your own set of free 80 resistance pots
    8. A skill that INCREASES your damage done by 30% for what 30 seconds?
    9. Dot damages

Disadvantages :
    1. If you choose #1 as an advantage you loose HP and AC until higher leveled
    2. Run slow without swift / swift scroll
    3. No self cure

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Warriors Advantages :
    1. High AC and high HP
    2. Hit hard with a single attack
    3. chance to slow / stun
    4. resistance potions?!?
    5. A skill that does 1k damage over 20 seconds?!?
    6. Shields?!

Disadvantages :
    1. No self cure
    2. Hit from close range
    3. No aoe
    4. No heal over 720 besides abyss pots
    5. No way to increase attack damage more than wolf and 15 str[/b]
    so why are you playing a warrior?

Actually, im not asking ice % to be lowered, but maybe the downtime. I am slowed for 20 seconds...boy thats an awfully long time, maybe 10 second of slow instead? I mean, i can be spam slowed with just 1 ice attack over and over.... if the time was different and the max for the MAX skill was 10 seconds(other skills lower), maybe i wouldn't feel sick to my stomach every time i get iced.

TouchMyBlade

Actually, im not asking ice % to be lowered, but maybe the downtime. I am slowed for 20 seconds...boy thats an awfully long time, maybe 10 second of slow instead? I mean, i can be spam slowed with just 1 ice attack over and over.... if the time was different and the max for the MAX skill was 10 seconds(other skills lower), maybe i wouldn't feel sick to my stomach every time i get iced.[/b]

The worst thing is it makes PK boring at least if your duffed you can still attack and the game is running fast.

If everyene is slowed all the time then its just plain boring cure move two steps cure.

You cant even hit anyone, u hit them once then thye run further away u cure u run after then u iced again its broing to PK like that. if one prist in the party it take a long arse time to cure all party members with the cool down on cure then they are iced before u even finishing cureing from the first time thats is just stupid.

Im like this is zzz let just town and start again no point just slow cure slow cure slow cure.

The worst thing is it makes PK boring at least if your duffed you can still attack and the game is running fast.

If everyene is slowed all the time then its just plain boring cure move two steps cure.

You cant even hit anyone, u hit them once then thye run further away u cure u run after then u iced again its broing to PK like that. if one prist in the party it take a long arse time to cure all party members with the cool down on cure then they are iced before u even finishing cureing from the first time thats is just stupid.

Im like this is zzz let just town and start again no point just slow cure slow cure slow cure.[/b]
    Agreed, id prefer ice rate to be like 95% if times were not SPAMMABLE- and not all ice skills slowed, just like not all fire does dot damage or high damage, maybe make the aoe&#39;s and 2-3 HIGH LVL skills (51+) be the icers. itd make pk more enjoyable, basically all u need is an ice mage now, in fact i solo better with 1 good ice mage ( HI SIPPIN! :P <3 my sexy pk partner!) Than 1 good priest.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Agreed, id prefer ice rate to be like 95% if times were not SPAMMABLE- and not all ice skills slowed, just like not all fire does dot damage or high damage, maybe make the aoe&#39;s and 2-3 HIGH LVL skills (51+) be the icers. itd make pk more enjoyable, basically all u need is an ice mage now, in fact i solo better with 1 good ice mage ( HI SIPPIN! :P <3 my sexy pk partner!) Than 1 good priest.[/b]
    fire =/= dot
    fire=damage

all fire spells do more damage than ice/light spells

all light spells stun too...just some with amazingly lower rates than others, but they all stun...i frequently used the like lvl 7 or 9 or whatever it was lightning spell to stun people back when i was a light mage

and all ice spells(cept for burst for some fucked up reason) slow

as i said, this ice rate increase shouldnt change anything...tell ur priests to stop being complete noobs, tell ur rogues to start playing more party roles instead of the go for the gold killers, tell ur mages to give GR and tp more often and keep them slowed

if your SMART this isnt an unbalanced change, but rather a change to make fights more challenging and worth fighting

totally agree with you havok.. its got to the point where slow is ko&#39;s normal speed..

fire =/= dot
    fire=damage

all fire spells do more damage than ice/light spells

all light spells stun too...just some with amazingly lower rates than others, but they all stun...i frequently used the like lvl 7 or 9 or whatever it was lightning spell to stun people back when i was a light mage

and all ice spells(cept for burst for some fucked up reason) slow
    as i said, this ice rate increase shouldnt change anything...tell ur priests to stop being complete noobs, tell ur rogues to start playing more party roles instead of the go for the gold killers, tell ur mages to give GR and tp more often and keep them slowed

if your SMART this isnt an unbalanced change, but rather a change to make fights more challenging and worth fighting[/b]
    Or its a change where instead of making rogues, the noobs just make ice mages and slow alol of the good players and town. Thats great isnt it...

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Or its a change where instead of making rogues, the noobs just make ice mages and slow alol of the good players and town. Thats great isnt it...[/b]
    as is the fate of ANY and EVERY rpg ever created...as changes are made some classes get stronger, some get weaker, some stay the same...the little idiot kids will ALWAYS rush over to the easy classes and the skilled people will stay with their respective classes adapting their current chars to the changes

Alot of crying from big strong warriors/sins. The target you guys got used to killing for the easy kill
    can now buy himself some time. Personally I hate scream. Stun and spam damage on the weak mage. Funny, now melees have to deal with mages that are not 6 deep, and just crying. Sins have to blind us now. That is really funny to me.

The slow rate is up, stun is down. Both might be needed to be changed slightly. Resist do work. Just look at how many spells hit you from how many mages. If it is different for warriors (mine is still noob), just kill more Bosses solo, w/priest and better your gear. Something most mages wish.

And casting time. How do we die? Slow ended or did not work and we get caught casting.

Yes you kills have been slowed. Now you /town pissed because he make you walk. Mage slowed and casting. That is slow.

/topic

Ice lowered just a little, and Stun raised alot more. It was Light season, now Ice&#39;s era. Maybe next Expansion (if one) it will level out. Til then make you mage work and give you GR.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast