Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; fire =/= dot fire=damage all fire spells do more damage than ice/light spells all light spells stun too...just some with ...
Page: 12

TouchMyBlade

fire =/= dot
    fire=damage

all fire spells do more damage than ice/light spells

all light spells stun too...just some with amazingly lower rates than others, but they all stun...i frequently used the like lvl 7 or 9 or whatever it was lightning spell to stun people back when i was a light mage

and all ice spells(cept for burst for some fucked up reason) slow
    as i said, this ice rate increase shouldnt change anything...tell ur priests to stop being complete noobs, tell ur rogues to start playing more party roles instead of the go for the gold killers, tell ur mages to give GR and tp more often and keep them slowed

if your SMART this isnt an unbalanced change, but rather a change to make fights more challenging and worth fighting[/b]
    When light mages stunned they stunned every now and then that made it hard to kill them but not impossible. And if you put on some LR gear it actually made a noticiable difference.

It makes little to no different with a ice mage. And you can say what ever you want but the only stratorgy with a ice mage spamming the whole party with ice being slowed everytime for 20seconds then you cant cure before they ice you again unless u have party cure.

The only way to get around it is to leave the party slowed take one member usually a good sin and keep curing them and duffing the ice mage till they are dead. There is zero point doing anything else after that back to fun PK everyone runnig around doign there thing. Like Blizzard said give them high slow rate but give it a decent cool down and make the rest of the ice skills a lower rate to slow or here is the best allow GR to actually work. Any GR over 200 should allow ppl to NOT get slowed any more than 30-40% of the time not 70-90 % which is current.

Over 200GR is high you usually have to sacrifice something else like a iron belt or glass belt to use a ice belt etc to get ya resisitance uo or put on tailia etc taking away some AP etc. Im sure mages would be up in arms is DD tailia or DD i general stopped working then they would be dead so quick we wouldnt care if their ice is 90%

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Over 200GR is high you usually have to sacrifice something else like a iron belt or glass belt to use a ice belt etc to get ya resisitance uo or put on tailia etc taking away some AP etc. Im sure mages would be up in arms is DD tailia or DD i general stopped working then they would be dead so quick we wouldnt care if their ice is 90%[/b]
    so lets get this straight...since FOREVER mages have had to sacrifice their helm stats for DD and a lot of the time their pauldrn for wep def talia just to even stand a chance to stay alive...now for the first time since the beginning of ko OTHER classes have to wear some defenses against a mage and u all bitch and whine?

LEARN TO FUCKING ADAPT U WHINING BITCHES

priests should start getting party cure, rogues shuold start focusing on being more team players, mages should focus more on tping people around, ITS A PARTY-BASED GAME LEARN TO PLAY IT LIKE ONE

TouchMyBlade

so lets get this straight...since FOREVER mages have had to sacrifice their helm stats for DD and a lot of the time their pauldrn for wep def talia just to even stand a chance to stay alive...now for the first time since the beginning of ko OTHER classes have to wear some defenses against a mage and u all bitch and whine?

LEARN TO FUCKING ADAPT U WHINING BITCHES

priests should start getting party cure, rogues shuold start focusing on being more team players, mages should focus more on tping people around, ITS A PARTY-BASED GAME LEARN TO PLAY IT LIKE ONE[/b]
    You think only mages wear DD? And you are making my point the Melee's the ones taking more direct hits than mages who can range attack have to take off their weap defence items to raise GR and then it doenst even work. You are making my point for me. We also allready sacrifice our helm points and now we have to loose our weap defence stats aswell as HP etc to avoid being slowed and then it doesnt even work. So we gota where defence against sins and other melee and now GR where u have only ya DD to worry about as u are out of range (if you a good mage)

And my other point would any mages complain if DD stopped working? You would then I come on hear and say just adapt stop whining.

Preist should get party cure lol at that you need 70 points in buff to get party cure and not many priest do that as being a duffer is better in most case's or being 60/60 heall buff heal duffunless you lvl 78 and dont want helis. TPing ppl around where? You want the party to be broken in to multipl ppl. As your AOE can slow all with in a large range. If they break up then it means usually that someone is without a priest or other class that they need u would have to have 2 mages and 2 preist min in the party leaving only 4 spots for melee. Thats just stupid its hardley a party if you cant PK together and have to sprend apart so you dont both get iced at same time.

every1 is talking how mages were easy targets for ages, well in case you havent notice these mages we have today are not same mages as before lvl cap was risen to 80. these mages have 7k hp easily, almost 1k defense, skills to make you shit your pants and a lot of them. how many novas lvl 80 mage has today? how about equipment, so many new super uniqes fo mage to choose, and staff options are countless these days for them

today mages have enough stat points for everything they need, i hardly see any paper mages that you can 2-hit like you could before rofd...even duffed some mages are so tough to kill especially when they start to throw everything on you and slide around

glacier slow rate is too high...end of story

and for every1 saying that scream/shock stun is 100%, well you never played lvl 80 warrior legitly then, cause my shock stuns have about 50% success, and on some ppl dont work at all

scream works 1 in 100, and i am surprised when it actually works

on the other hand every sissy ass ice mage can slow me with lvl 5 glacier skill with about 90% success even if i have shield and gr pot used, and my gear is considered leet on all servers even ares

i am not bitching, i have adapted as my clan party did, we run with 3 priests now cause everything else is pointless

so many high lvl mages when they come in groups they literally burn everything around them with countless novas they can throw...dont know alot about mages but i have feeling like every lvl 80 mage has 5 novas to throw or sumthing, cause when they start its 20 seconds of everything under nova

Now you I will fully disagree with.
    Mages Advantages
    :
    1. Hit hard as shit with multiple aoe's AND single attacks that hit a player for more than 2 nova's might do. ( IF YOU ARE FIRE ... discussion is about ice mages now )
    2. Hit from a distance
    3. TP people
    4. Chance to slow / stun.
    5. A defense skill that hits 1.5k on the first person to touch you. ( ice armor hits +- 900 and light armor somewhere around 1200? only fire armor can do 1500 ish )
    6. Nova town plx
    7. Your own set of free 80 resistance pots
    8. A skill that INCREASES your damage done by 30% for what 30 seconds? ( Wolf? )
    9. Dot damages ( Gosh thats so very deadly ? -.- well in the longterm maybe yea )

Disadvantages :
    1. If you choose #1 as an advantage you loose HP and AC until higher leveled
    2. Run slow without swift / swift scroll
    3. No self cure
    4. Quite low defence unless you sacrifice damage for it.
    5. Your always the first target.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Warriors Advantages :
    1. High AC and high HP
    2. Hit hard with a single attack
    3. chance to slow / stun
    4. resistance potions?!?
    5. A skill that does 1k damage over 20 seconds?!? ( no dot spell does that kind of damage ... )
    6. Shields?! ( OFC this is a huge advantage, ur ac goes up to 2k and your resistances double, any other class have this enormous advantage? Suppose priests had this )

Disadvantages :
    1. No self cure
    <strike>2. Hit from close range</strike> ( What would pk be if warriors could attack longrange ... this can&#39;t be considerd a disadvantage )
    <strike>3. No aoe</strike> ( rouges and priest have no aoe attacks either, only the mage is supposed to have them ( aoe duff doesn&#39;t count as it doesn&#39;t do damage )
    <strike>4. No heal over 720 besides abyss pots</strike> ( im afraid mages have the same problem )
    5. No way to increase attack damage more than wolf and 15 str ( such a shame you warriors are stuck at around 3500 ap max isn&#39;t it? Don&#39;t you think you guys hit hard enough as it is? ( some warriors do close to 1300 spam on me with just malice - boohoohoo you still don&#39;t think you wack hard enough? Fire mages ( the damage dealing mages ) highest hits on warriors is around 700 so i think you guys shouldn&#39;t complain now. )[/b]
    Thats about all I have to say about that ...

on the other hand every sissy ass ice mage can slow me with lvl 5 glacier skill with about 90% success even if i have shield and gr pot used, and my gear is considered leet on all servers even ares

dont know alot about mages but i have feeling like every lvl 80 mage has 5 novas to throw or sumthing, cause when they start its 20 seconds of everything under nova[/b]
    Indeed you dont. We don&#39;t have 5 novas.

PS: Sissy my ass :P

Indeed you dont. We don&#39;t have 5 novas.

PS: Sissy my ass :P[/b]

ok so you have 3 novas (or whatever, i said i only get that feeling). 1 full mage party = 24 novas in a second + every ice skill with big slow success...cmon and you dare to say mages are underpowered. maybe before when all mages were running in cottons +5 and had 2k hp with scroll :P

but today with all those points in to everything, with equipment +9 and uniques like shios, rings of fire, felankor and all those super-staffs and shit...you dont need so much slowing success :P

Mages have a few more disdvantages than that:

We have 3 stats we need to add to: INT for stunning, mana and armours, MP for dmg and HP if we want to stay alive. Priests have the same, but warriors and rogues have HP as main stat so they only add to 2, which does give them a considerable advantage. They can find a much easier balance between AP and AC/HP much earlier in the game.

If we want to do dmg, we need to up MP, which leaves just enough for the armours and no HP. An MP fire does decent dmg but has no defence once you get to him. If we want to tank we need to sacrifice MP, so we dont get killed, but we cant really kill either. I am stated 160 INT, 138 MP for the staff and rest into HP. With decent jewelry that means 6K HP and 1-1.1 ac at lvl 74. But my blade does 500 dmg tops with a shio+2 and I am still spammed for 800-900 from warriors + their r dmg (150?) which is not ridiculous like mine (30). Archers can hit me for 1K and sins for over 1 K with DD on. I wear a DD and all other defenses imaginable, but I die in a heartbeat if warriors/sins team up on me. Of course if you could do the dmg an MP fire does while being HP ice, then that would be imbalanced so I am not really complaining. I am just trying to make clear that while mage in general can do probably all the things Havoc said, no one mage can do all of them at the same time. Each build has some of them.

We gain fewer HP from each point we put on it, our armours have low ac and we are very weak until we hit at least 68 simply because we dont have enough stats to shift around.

Having far skills might be an advantage, but I have only far skills, since the rest except blade can be interrupted very easily, which often turns it into a disdvantage. My skills are not spammable and I need at least 4 skill bars only for PK.

We have no type of buff (except the crap lvl 54 for ice), heal (720 pots are really frustrating, both for warriors and mages), swift or cure. I only have 1 80 res pot skill, since it is a lvl 48 spell, which means I can only have it for my main element. For my second element its a 50, for the third I just dont have it. A warrior with a shield on the other hand .... There is also one spell that heals but it only works for fire. Also, without bags, I can only carry 50 reds and 25 blues.
    Absolute power is not spammable; its cool down is longer than its duration, and I am not sure it actually makes a 15% difference. No buff to increase MP as there is for STR. Wolf works, but barely.

Dmg rings (which are brilliant otherwise) have low ac, the new jewelry for mages is crap compared to those for the other classes.

I know warriors also have several limitations. I have seen one played very closely but I have never played one seriously myself so I wil not go into warrior skills. I am sure those that play warrior understand the limitations much better then I do.

On the other hand, you are right at some points: tp is possibly the most fun skill in the game. Glacier aoe&#39;s are excellent for crowd control, fire aoe&#39;s can be an NP feast. Dot if placed correctly can be very efficient. And I will add to the advantages blink and freeze which look simply awesome although I have never tried them. Pity you can only have one of them. So don&#39;t get me wrong: I enjoy playing mage, I think it is great fun and some of the limitations actually add to the fun as you try to work around them. But there are a few things I could live without (for example having my spells interrupted by low lvl archers, spending 234852304 pots from ob to hb while being chased by a single warrior that interrupts gate with 300 dmg, sins that scratch me and run away before I can kill them, running out of pots so often and most of all: silly mage jewelry that gives MP).

But anyway back to the original issue of icing: I think it is clear by now that the problem is not ice in general: it is GR & lvl diff not working properly with warriors or to put it differently low lvl mages icing high lvl, high GR warriors too easily. That I agree should not be happening.

PS: I tried to make it shorter than a book this time, but looking back at it, I dont think I was very succesful.

ok so you have 3 novas (or whatever, i said i only get that feeling). 1 full mage party = 24 novas in a second + every ice skill with big slow success...cmon and you dare to say mages are underpowered. maybe before when all mages were running in cottons +5 and had 2k hp with scroll :P

but today with all those points in to everything, with equipment +9 and uniques like shios, rings of fire, felankor and all those super-staffs and shit...you dont need so much slowing success :P[/b]
    It does not take 1 second to cast 3 novas ...
    Read again: I did not say they are underpowered. I said that if you lower the ice success rate you will make ice mages underpowered which is very different.
    We still have less points than melee do, and mages are not the only ones to take advantage of new equip.

Ps: mindless parties of 8 mages with no healer that die in 5 seconds when the melees reach them are not my idea of intelligent pk.

But anyway back to the original issue of icing: I think it is clear by now that the problem is not ice in general: it is GR & lvl diff not working properly with warriors or to put it differently low lvl mages icing high lvl, high GR warriors too easily. That I agree should not be happening.

PS: I tried to make it shorter than a book this time, but looking back at it, I dont think I was very succesful. [/b]
    exactly, and to add: low lvl nooby warriors should not be able to scream constantly high lvl well equipped mages cause im lvl 80, and my scream wont work on you

It does not take 1 second to cast 3 novas ...
    Read again: I did not say they are underpowered. I said that if you lower the ice success rate you will make ice mages underpowered which is very different.
    We still have less points than melee do, and mages are not the only ones to take advantage of new equip.

Ps: mindless parties of 8 mages with no healer that die in 5 seconds when the melees reach them are not my idea of intelligent pk.[/b]

Instant magic any1? about that 1 second for 3 novas, ok i am overexagerating a bit, but i never played mage so im just saying about what kind of feeling i get.

and i agree if we generally lower ice success mages will be underpowered again. but cmon, there can be some tweeking done to that bro, how about make some ice spell with very high success, but most not. or make ice has high success for mobs on every skills (mobs dont have gr ), but only some skills high success rate to players

because i want an uberly geared lvl 80 ice mage to slow every1 down, its the damn point lol

but low lvl FIRE mage thagt has secondary skill glacier and enough int to wear some paper armour with 90% success on ice skills...i call that a sissy ass thing

Oh god, people still going on about this, when you go pk, take 2 sins with you that focus on the mages, since mages can barely cast when melee hits em(another disadvantage ftw?)

Touchfemale

havoc u right almost always a nova ice chills but a curting legs not always :Z

soyouthink

Thats about all I have to say about that ...[/b]

Dont forget to add that 95% of mages skills are ones that can get cancel very very easy. Dont forget there are what like 2 skills that dont have any resresh rate that u can spam. One being blade other being manes, which u need to be beside the enemy to use which if is a melee u can kiss ur ass good bye. Other issues are ur damage never increase like melees eg. malice = same damage to others. Ice mages have little advantage and overall are much weaker.

PFC Senior Member

agree ...

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast