Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I would not agree with that: if ice is your secondary any spell should work for you in exactly the ...
Page: 15

I would not agree with that: if ice is your secondary any spell should work for you in exactly the same way as it works for an ice mage of same lvl with same equip, just as defense skills raise the res of warriors even though they dont have that tree as their main and just as rogues use lupine succesfully even though they are not explorers.

Its not easy having 45 in ice as secondary, especially at higher lvls. Priests also have powerful spells at lvl 45 (can't remember the other 2 classes, but I think its different lvls): following that thinking a buffer healer should not have access to such a powerful heal as 1920 and a healer duffer should not have access to such a powerful duff as parasite. [/b]

the lower the lvl of skill is, lower slow success rate should be. lvl 45 skill should have low success rate to high lvl characters.

lvl 70+ ice skill should have high slow rate

soyouthink

the lower the lvl of skill is, lower slow success rate should be. lvl 45 skill should have low success rate to high lvl characters.

lvl 70+ ice skill should have high slow rate[/b]

lol cant help it but I need to say it :lol: there is only 5 spells that slow at lvl 70+. Nova lvl 70, ices inceneration lvl70, blade lvl 72, glacier armor lvl 75, other is lvl80 skill that doesnt really slow but stops them, and u cant fight each other. So really its 4 skills and one of them u cant pick the person to ice(lvl75). That would leave 3 skills lvl 70+ and blade you have to be right beside them and slowing is very short with little damage. So for distance you only have 2 skills then 70+ which may or may not work. Thats pretty shitty considering you are an ice mage <_<

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Only warriors evre complain about ice... And then priests tired of their warriors whining for cure 24/7. <3 Ice mages on my side.

Havoc2

As a tank ice mage I agree that ice is way to strong, slow rate really needs to be lowered in order to be balanced.[/b]
    Thankyou =)

Don&#39;t hate me ... don&#39;t get pissed off, i just like doing this.
    Also i was a bit shocked at your attacking response, maybe i overdid it a bit on my last sentence about warriors damage ( the boohoo thingie ) but you didn&#39;t have to call me twat, idiot, or some of those other tiny insults. All i tried to do was give you responses to what you said from a general mage point of view.

What i do agree on however, is what hitman said and you ( havoc ) agreed to. Fire / light mages that have 45 in ice shouldn&#39;t have acces to such a good slow skill, slows should be fore ice mages only.[/b]
    Agree 100%, I got pissed because it was as if you were cutting down everything I said when both of us have backed evidence of what we say is true but it all comes down to personal opinion, server, staffs, armor, build.

though, after reading what silver wrote, maybe i should adjust that. Fire / light mages can have acces to such a ice skill as blizzard, but it should slow less good than than the lvl 60 / 70 ones in pk.[/b]
    Same difference.

Only warriors evre complain about ice... And then priests tired of their warriors whining for cure 24/7. <3 Ice mages on my side.[/b]
    Which is why priests are here complaining as well =)
    Though warriors get iced alot more than the other 3 classes its still priests that have to cure us and its still rouges that die because were iced and stopped from moving in to do our job, which is tank.

lol cant help it but I need to say it :lol: there is only 5 spells that slow at lvl 70+. Nova lvl 70, ices inceneration lvl70, blade lvl 72, glacier armor lvl 75, other is lvl80 skill that doesnt really slow but stops them, and u cant fight each other. So really its 4 skills and one of them u cant pick the person to ice(lvl75). That would leave 3 skills lvl 70+ and blade you have to be right beside them and slowing is very short with little damage. So for distance you only have 2 skills then 70+ which may or may not work. Thats pretty shitty considering you are an ice mage <_<[/b]
    Pk more, even the level 33 aoe can slow you but it is the only skill that seems to have 5% chance of slow. Chill can slow you, any ice pillar can slow you, ice blast (I think thats the right one) can slow you. The 45 aoe can slow you. All those are NOT counting the ones you said. It may not say "chance of slowing" in it&#39;s description but it does slow.

Banned

i love frostbite and ice impact for slowing, by far the best icing skills for 1 single target. fuk the rest.
    prismatic/ice comet seem to work like 50-60% of the time, thats why i dont like them that much. but yeah, i agree with havoc, as an ice mage i use to slow a LOT more than i used to before moradon patch :P

lol cant help it but I need to say it :lol: there is only 5 spells that slow at lvl 70+. Nova lvl 70, ices inceneration lvl70, blade lvl 72, glacier armor lvl 75, other is lvl80 skill that doesnt really slow but stops them, and u cant fight each other. So really its 4 skills and one of them u cant pick the person to ice(lvl75). That would leave 3 skills lvl 70+ and blade you have to be right beside them and slowing is very short with little damage. So for distance you only have 2 skills then 70+ which may or may not work. Thats pretty shitty considering you are an ice mage <_<[/b]
    all skills would still have chance for slow, just noobish skills should not slow 95% of the time...high lvl slow skills i dont mind if it has high success

danifilth

complain about it, k2 will do like they did with mp pots, they will make one gr 160 pot that weight 0.10 and sell for 3k knight cash

ArminVanBuuren

lvl 70+ ice skill should have high slow rate[/b]
    So then Ardream ice mages must become useless? -_-

You are technically saying that if you are not full ice mage you should not be able to ice at all. Because if you are flame/light mage, then ice as secondary tree, you cannot get access to the higher skills, even at lvl 80, thus you would be making that secondary tree completely useless (why would I add a secondary tree based on icing if I cannot ice at all?).

I agree with Dro though, I have mostly warriors complaining in here...mages, priests and sins seem to be fine with the ice rate atm, and we get affected too. It is part of the strategy used in game and who learns to use it better...as people found out how to combo to hit faster than others then people will find out how to use the icing effect as an advantage against the others, and as combo was countered (can be countered if you don&#39;t know) ice can be too. The fact is that people here seems to not even care about trying to find out how, and that&#39;s a pity...it really is.

I think most of the people would change their minds if you&#39;d test a bit during the interserver/international championships...there you get the best equipment ever...the highest lvl (and equal) and you get all the chances to solo test and party test (I usually do so)...is there where you really get to know if you can pk properly without the excuses of being underpowered, too low in lvl or having to fight against godly-unique-geared chars. Just wait &#39;till the next one, and you might get surprised with the real results you&#39;ll get...because now, playing with hitman&#39;s warrior (yeah, the one you agreed with, Havoc) I&#39;m able to avoid being slowed 100% or even 90% of the time, and trust me, it doesn&#39;t even get close to be uber geared (in fact, I think his gear sux and he knows it :P ).

PS: (offtopic to Magyk) no the clan Fearless from Bartz was created by some former members from the Uprising ally in there...some of us thought it would be interesting to get someone to counter their power and have less boring battles, so that&#39;s how we were born ^_^

NaidenZ

You are technically saying that if you are not full ice mage you should not be able to ice at all. Because if you are flame/light mage, then ice as secondary tree, you cannot get access to the higher skills, even at lvl 80, thus you would be making that secondary tree completely useless (why would I add a secondary tree based on icing if I cannot ice at all?).[/b]

flame/ ice
    why would I add a secondary tree based on icing if I cannot ice at all?

flame/light
    why would I add a secondary tree based on lighting if I cannot ice at all ?

ice 95%
    light 60%

light should be 95% then too. <_<

It&#39;s not fair , we aren&#39;t asking than ICE shouldn&#39;t work, this MUST WORK but not ALWAYS same as lighting.

GOT it ?

NaidenZ

You are technically saying that if you are not full ice mage you should not be able to ice at all. Because if you are flame/light mage, then ice as secondary tree, you cannot get access to the higher skills, even at lvl 80, thus you would be making that secondary tree completely useless (why would I add a secondary tree based on icing if I cannot ice at all?).[/b]

flame/ ice

flame/light

ice 100%
    light 60%

make light 100% then too. <_<

we are not asking that ice stops working , this MUST WORK but with a lower rate not 100% -_- .

even a mage with light staff can slow you most of the time <_<

ArminVanBuuren

flame/ ice

flame/light

ice 100%
    light 60%
    make light 100% then too. <_<[/b]
    Actually, it used to be :P

What I&#39;m saying is that while asking that, you want to take out the chances from the lower lvls and that&#39;s not fair at all...then let&#39;s take away to the lowest lvls the chance (on warriors) to do failsafe spammable attacks, the chance to priests to party heal and the chance to rogues to spam minor heal if they are not lvl 60+.

What I say is that if you have a secondary tree (in that case) then you should also be given the advantages of that tree...as far as i know, blizzard is not spammable...it has something called COOLDOWN, thus it cannot be freezing with it all the time...the other skills mostly I don&#39;t get worried about, since they have never frozen me even close to 70%, and I just have 29 base GR...while playing with the warrior, with at least 89 GR with no shield, I don&#39;t get iced all the time, same as with the rogue, so I still don&#39;t know why the 12-pages-moaning topic yet.

What I have seen during the whole topic is the complaining about everything that comes mostly from warriors...about light feet, dot damage, icing, cure curse, swift, wolf, etc etc...you cannot be gods in this game, no one is supposed to be...if you want to, then go to a private server, in which you can get +10 uniques and stuff...but this game is atm perfectly equal...now everybody has the same chances to win or to lose, thus making it more interesting.

NaidenZ

you are talking BS

first when I said
    you want to take out the chances from the lower lvls and that&#39;s not fair at all...
    when i said
    blizzard is not spammable...it has something called COOLDOWN

I never said anything of what you are replying....

reply that to others not to me...
    REMEMBER IT BLIZZARRD ISNT THE ONLY ONE SKILL WHO MAGES 59- HAVE

and there are still some skills more like

Ice Impact
    Ice Comet
    Specter of Ice
    Frostbite
    frozen blade
    Ice Blast
    Ice Orb
    Solid
    Ice Arrow
    Freeze
    Blizzard

not all those skills are spammables BUT since they are many , you can use all them like if they were spammables ofc just for one guy but its still annoying
    the point is, even a mage with dual flame ring, flame staff who has some points on ice can slow you most of the time
    right now mages ices who have more items for ice only gets more damage.

get my point and stop arguing without sense.

ArminVanBuuren

you are talking BS

first when I said
    you want to take out the chances from the lower lvls and that&#39;s not fair at all...
    when i said
    blizzard is not spammable...it has something called COOLDOWN

I never said anything of what you are replying....

reply that to others not to me...
    REMEMBER IT BLIZZARRD ISNT THE ONLY ONE SKILL WHO MAGES 59- HAVE I know that, who said I didn&#39;t? :P
    and there are still some skills more like

Ice Impact
    Ice Comet
    Specter of Ice
    Frostbite
    frozen blade
    Ice Blast
    Ice Orb
    Solid
    Ice Arrow
    Freeze
    Blizzard

not all those skills are spammables BUT since they are many , you can use all them like if they were spammables ofc just for one guy but its still annoying
    the point is, even a mage with dual flame ring, flame staff who has some points on ice can slow you most of the time
    right now mages ices who have more items for ice only gets more damage.

get my point and stop arguing without sense. I&#39;m not arguing, I&#39;m debating, and &#39;till now, I don&#39;t get any of your points able to convince me about your complaint about icing rates. -_-[/b]
    I already got your point, but I was referring to blizzard as the lvl 45 ice skill. Also I just mentioned about blizzard, because that&#39;s the one that seems to freeze the most (at least to me since already has had highest success than the others to ice me).

PS: out to breakfast/lunch!!! :P

yes, a fire mage with flame rings can ice you with blizzard, just like a duffer/healer can 1920 you and a buffer/healer can malice you with minimal points in duff. Why should mages be any different? I dont get it.

Also: manes (spectre) does not ice, plus its a close range spell like blade plus you have to stand still to use it, and as most of the rest have you tried hitting a running warrior with a spell that travels through air ?
    Most of the spells you mentioned are useless anyway. And when the nation is running against you single spells won&#39;t do it. You need to aoe. Or you are free np.

My point is this: blizzard should slow. Possibly with a slightly lower success rate than novas but it should still slow.
    A blizzard from a lvl 45 ice mage should not slow a lvl 80 warrior, but a blizzard from a lvl 80 fire mage should.
    Better make ice success rate relative to lvl diff (I have the suspicion that it is anyway-or I should say was) than mess with the skill tree.

Melees gain ap with lvl, mages should gain effectiveness to slow/light. And that would solve your problem with low lvl mages without messing up the rest of us.

ArminVanBuuren

Melees gain ap with lvl, mages should gain effectiveness to slow/light. And that would solve your problem with low lvl mages without messing up the rest of us.[/b]
    This is the best answer I&#39;ve seen in the whole post, hands down. I could not agree even more with it. True, effectiveness should be dependant on lvl, so higher lvls would not be complaining about the "noobs" freezing them all the time thus keeping the gaming fair enough to everybody.

As for me...nothing more to say in here...this answer was astonishing. :blink: h34r: :lol: :P