Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yes, a fire mage with flame rings can ice you with blizzard, just like a duffer/healer can 1920 you and ...
Page: 16

NaidenZ

yes, a fire mage with flame rings can ice you with blizzard, just like a duffer/healer can 1920 you and a buffer/healer can malice you with minimal points in duff. Why should mages be any different? I dont get it.

Also: manes (spectre) does not ice, plus its a close range spell like blade plus you have to stand still to use it, and as most of the rest have you tried hitting a running warrior with a spell that travels through air ?
    Most of the spells you mentioned are useless anyway. And when the nation is running against you single spells won't do it. You need to aoe. Or you are free np.

My point is this: blizzard should slow. Possibly with a slightly lower success rate than novas but it should still slow.
    A blizzard from a lvl 45 ice mage should not slow a lvl 80 warrior, but a blizzard from a lvl 80 fire mage should.
    Better make ice success rate relative to lvl diff (I have the suspicion that it is anyway-or I should say was) than mess with the skill tree.

Melees gain ap with lvl, mages should gain effectiveness to slow/light. And that would solve your problem with low lvl mages without messing up the rest of us.[/b]
    yes, a fire mage with flame rings can ice you with blizzard, just like a duffer/healer can 1920 you and a buffer/healer can malice you with minimal points in duff. Why should mages be any different? I dont get it. [/b]
    Ofc they must work but not 100% -__-, got it ? I've said this before... or then make light 100% too and we all are fucked.

Melees gain ap with lvl, mages should gain effectiveness to slow/light. And that would solve your problem with low lvl mages without messing up the rest of us.[/b]
    good idea.

Havoc2

This is the best answer I've seen in the whole post, hands down. I could not agree even more with it. True, effectiveness should be dependant on lvl, so higher lvls would not be complaining about the "noobs" freezing them all the time thus keeping the gaming fair enough to everybody.

As for me...nothing more to say in here...this answer was astonishing. :blink: h34r: :lol: :P [/b]
    It's only what we have been saying the past 12 pages. And his point of mages slow rate increasing with level agree's with EVERYTHING we have said. Armin I don't think you even know what side you are on. You openly admitted you like blizzard because it slows the most and most of the time. Yet you argued when we said lower the rate for lower level skills yet this would make it fair. Dcz warriors only have legcut, they have 1 chance to slow you where as ice mages regardless have multiple chances until you are out of range.

No Havoc, its not exactly the same. What you have been saying is to lower the effectiveness of low level spells for all mages.
    What I am saying is leave the effectiveness of the spells as it is, leave gr as it is but add lvl diff in the equation, which will naturally decrease the effectiveness of low lvl spells ONLY when cast by low lvl mages on high lvl targets.

I still think high lvl mages should slow you just as much as they do now and with as many spells as they do now. And low lvl mages should still slow targets at their lvl as much as they do now.
    I am glad we can agree, but its not what you have been saying all along - or at least not what we understood you were saying.

And re dcz: warriors are not meant to slow ppl down, ice mages are. Legcut is more than enough.

I still dont notice myself icing at all. 1/5 chance on high level rogues

boost my ice rate to imbalanceness pls?

ArminVanBuuren

It's only what we have been saying the past 12 pages. And his point of mages slow rate increasing with level agree's with EVERYTHING we have said. Armin I don't think you even know what side you are on. You openly admitted you like blizzard because it slows the most and most of the time. Yet you argued when we said lower the rate for lower level skills yet this would make it fair. Dcz warriors only have legcut, they have 1 chance to slow you where as ice mages regardless have multiple chances until you are out of range.[/b]
    Actually, I do know what side I'm on atm...I still think the current ice rate is more than ok. If you read about the blizzard post, it was my answer to NaidenZ post, so I was referring to blizzard as the best ice skill between lvls 1-45, talking about the secondary skill tree. About the solution SilverBlade gave, it is completely different to what you guys were asking for, since you wanted to low the icing possibilities to every single skill and mage. Now, if your complaint is more than anything about being iced by low lvl mages the same as by high lvl ones, then reducing the icing possibilities by lvl difference seems good enough to me, but a high lvl mage would be icing you the same as now, and you might still be complaining about that.

BTW, hitman just told me half an hour ago that he does not get iced all the time either, not even 90% as you might claim, so I think it might be some issue with your own glacier resistance (to let you know, hitman has atm 104 GR with no shield).

Havoc2

The fact that 1 person doesnt get iced 90% of the time doesn't mean im miss calculating. I don't care what he says, I can put on every glacier resistance item there is and I get over 300 GR and I still get iced 85 - 90% of the time by a level 45 mage. I also still agree on the fact that the lower level ice skills should not work as often as they do, and drop down the nova's % of icing by 15 - 20% and it will be fine. Puppet I honestly don't konw why you say you dont ice half the time. Every time I saw you as an ice mage your ice worked on 99% of the people. Your more than likely just disagreeing with me to try and keep it the same.

Havoc2

double post

ArminVanBuuren

The fact that 1 person doesnt get iced 90% of the time doesn't mean im miss calculating. I don't care what he says, I can put on every glacier resistance item there is and I get over 300 GR and I still get iced 85 - 90% of the time by a level 45 mage. I also still agree on the fact that the lower level ice skills should not work as often as they do, and drop down the nova's % of icing by 15 - 20% and it will be fine. Puppet I honestly don't konw why you say you dont ice half the time. Every time I saw you as an ice mage your ice worked on 99% of the people. Your more than likely just disagreeing with me to try and keep it the same.[/b]
    I'm not saying you miscalculated, but I was using him as an example, because if an average-geared warrior can avoid being iced, then I suppose a better warrior must be able to do the same, don't you think so? Then maybe, just maybe, there's whether something wrong with your char (talking about KO and K2 I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had something different bugged at every single char) or the lvl 45 mage you tested with has something fishy in there...no matter the case, you should not be iced that way.

shampoo

Shouldn't ice rate be based on int? O.o

TouchMyBlade

I'm not saying you miscalculated, but I was using him as an example, because if an average-geared warrior can avoid being iced, then I suppose a better warrior must be able to do the same, don't you think so? Then maybe, just maybe, there's whether something wrong with your char (talking about KO and K2 I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had something different bugged at every single char) or the lvl 45 mage you tested with has something fishy in there...no matter the case, you should not be iced that way.[/b]

I and all my PK buddys must have the "bug" to lol.

Simple to fix make only the higher lvl ice spells work on higher lvl char's and redice the slowed time to like 5 seconds. not 20 seconds and have cooldown so there is a chance for a 1v1. % seconds is enough to get away unless its a sin but they can cure and run faster than u anyway or just attack in slteath.

If its 5 seonds then it wont effect game play so much. It not that ppl are iced. Its just that they can be iced for the whole time. with spell after spell and 20seconds. For example if a ice mage vs a warrior and the ice slows them enough times that they are slowed the whole vs then. It is not balanced. each class should have a chance to win in a vs and if your slowed and your melee with no cure how can you play your class at all. Should be more like slowed then miss and warrior gets in some attacks then maybe slowed etc. But to be slowed the whole time is not balanced.

I dont see any other topics about priests no more duffs!!. What is they upgrade duffs so that Malice is 50% and parasite is 50% or more same with subside and massive. It would be unfair to have such a large debuff and would make the game annoying to play. Just like it is now. When a melee class the warrior cant even do what its suppose to do (attack) as its lowed all the time.

I can be PKn and cure myslef and the cool down on my cure hasnt even click over yet and its a quick cool down and im slowed again allready. To the point where i cant attack cant heal just cure run towards an enemy get slowed then cure i never get a hit in i never do anything but try get cloase to anyone and not be slowed enough to kill one person. Granted this happens with 2 or so ice mages are in the party but its still very annoying i would prefer 4 duffers in a party than 2 ice mages. At least i can still attack and move around when im duffed. Then cure when needed. Unlike slow whihc require immediate cure to be able to do anything at all.

So i think reduce slowed time to 5 seoconds. Its like being blinded for 20seconds, your just abotu as effective.

Havoc2

Nothing more needs to be said, just its not the time im slowed that bothers me, its the fact im slowed for 20 seconds, get a cure, and im 5 feet closer to the mage waiting for a cure. The priest usually cures you then other people so when you say cure again they don't jump right on it because its become an annoyance to them as well.

if a mage aint allowed to ice you, what is he allowed to do then? cause he cant kill anything <3

P.S fuck ice mage! oldschool stun mage ftw <3.... rawr

<3 Manshoon, Kahula, pikachu

I and all my PK buddys must have the "bug" to lol.

Simple to fix make only the higher lvl ice spells work on higher lvl char&#39;s and redice the slowed time to like 5 seconds. not 20 seconds and have cooldown so there is a chance for a 1v1. % seconds is enough to get away unless its a sin but they can cure and run faster than u anyway or just attack in slteath.

If its 5 seonds then it wont effect game play so much. It not that ppl are iced. Its just that they can be iced for the whole time. with spell after spell and 20seconds. For example if a ice mage vs a warrior and the ice slows them enough times that they are slowed the whole vs then. It is not balanced. each class should have a chance to win in a vs and if your slowed and your melee with no cure how can you play your class at all. Should be more like slowed then miss and warrior gets in some attacks then maybe slowed etc. But to be slowed the whole time is not balanced.

I dont see any other topics about priests no more duffs!!. What is they upgrade duffs so that Malice is 50% and parasite is 50% or more same with subside and massive. It would be unfair to have such a large debuff and would make the game annoying to play. Just like it is now. When a melee class the warrior cant even do what its suppose to do (attack) as its lowed all the time.

I can be PKn and cure myslef and the cool down on my cure hasnt even click over yet and its a quick cool down and im slowed again allready. To the point where i cant attack cant heal just cure run towards an enemy get slowed then cure i never get a hit in i never do anything but try get cloase to anyone and not be slowed enough to kill one person. Granted this happens with 2 or so ice mages are in the party but its still very annoying i would prefer 4 duffers in a party than 2 ice mages. At least i can still attack and move around when im duffed. Then cure when needed. Unlike slow whihc require immediate cure to be able to do anything at all.

So i think reduce slowed time to 5 seoconds. Its like being blinded for 20seconds, your just abotu as effective.[/b]
    Well ... ehm ... Since early on in ko, the advantage of an ice mage towards 1 v 1&#39;s has always been that he&#39;s able to keep you iced and thus out of harms way. And thats still a whole lot better than if you would be stunned 80% of the time in which the only thing you can do is pot. Also about reducing to like 5 seconds? No! thats like the slowing rate on ice blade. Thats not nearly effecient enough to slow a party, run a bit up ahead, tp your party, and then charge in at the moment they get uniced again.

jesusmerchant

The slow affect the ice skills have is the only survival technique they have, why take that away from them...

TouchMyBlade

Well ... ehm ... Since early on in ko, the advantage of an ice mage towards 1 v 1&#39;s has always been that he&#39;s able to keep you iced and thus out of harms way. And thats still a whole lot better than if you would be stunned 80% of the time in which the only thing you can do is pot. Also about reducing to like 5 seconds? No! thats like the slowing rate on ice blade. Thats not nearly effecient enough to slow a party, run a bit up ahead, tp your party, and then charge in at the moment they get uniced again.[/b]

Yeh cept i can put on and SS and lightning belt and it makes a difference lol. You come across some light mages that are more effective than other i.e better gear or set up better. Tere for some stunn u more often or u need more LR to avoid being stunned as often.

Ice mage dont matter the build dont matter the lvl dont matter the items, dont matter your GR. That io s the problem. NOONE has said take away ice mages ability to slow. Warriors dont get 100% scream or legcut. Light mages dont get 100% stun so why should ice mages be the only class to have such a high chance for all spells to slow? The fact that so many changed to ice shows that it has become unbalanced. NO other class has a success rate on those types of skills.

And waht do u mean 5 seconds isnt enough time. After u tp ya party you would of iced them again anyway lol. How many aoe ice spells do u get lvl 70-75? more than one im sure. So basically count only the aoe ice spells and then times by amount of time they slow that is the itme curently available to one ice mage in a party times it by two when there is anyone. Then count in your head that amount of time and see how OMG this is a long time. Or better yet run around with no swift the whole time and u will have half an idea of what its like.

Im not concerned about being killed that rarly happens because im iced but it make the entire PKing annoying as hell. I dont have enough time to keep myself cured from iced let alone anyone else in the party. Just run around in slow motion not killing not dieing just cure slow cure slow its great fun. Its nearly a waste puttin a swift scroll on. And i feel sorry for ppl that run swift and not a scroll would make PK unbearable for them. Or the commanders in war choosing swift scroll over whipping as no point using it as cool down is not up every 2 seconds.

Reduced the % slow, reduce the time slowed, let GR actually work. reduce the aoe range or AOE area to size of torment. Anything. Or give priest same size aoe on paraiste at 50% and torment same size aoe at 50% with no cool down and see how fun ppl find it as it would be just as annoying.